Mystery Pilatus??

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

Pilatus P2 decked up as some kind of Japanese fighter - not sure what it's meant to be!!

(photo from: http://groupeaeronefs.free.fr/)

Attachments
Original post

Member for

20 years 9 months

Forgot about that one! :rolleyes:

Dave - you'll notice the rear decking of the "mystery" P-2 has been altered to make it look more like a Zero (at least, according to the website blurb). Very strange! Why not just mod-up a Harvard? :confused:

Member for

20 years 2 months

It looks like the one on this page is pretending to be a Tony (Hien) rather than a Zero.

Member for

20 years 9 months

It looks like the one on this page is pretending to be a Tony (Hien) rather than a Zero.

Well that's what it's meant to be, according to the blurb - seems a rather strange thing to do, if you ask me!

I wonder what other mods have been done to the P-2 for film work? I've seen the single-seater "Me109" version before.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Well the Piston Provost at Brunters was exported in a Japanese WW2 scheme - any connection?

Member for

20 years 5 months

The P2 is pictured at la Ferte Alais in before 1993 or so when the area it is standing was roofed over to become a big hanger.

This was one of the P2s that were used in various films. Somewhere I have photos of it in flight.

Melvyn

Member for

20 years 9 months

Melv - am I right in thinking that one of the Pilatus P-2s used in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" is based at La Ferte Alais, or somewhere similar?

Member for

20 years 5 months

Melv - am I right in thinking that one of the Pilatus P-2s used in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" is based at La Ferte Alais, or somewhere similar?

There is still a "109" one in bits there.

Member for

19 years 9 months

Seem to remember from a conversation with Jaques Bourret many years ago that he said his Pilatus P2 was used for the Indiana Jones movie. And here is a photo of it as well: http://francewarbirds.free.fr/en/pilatusfazcc.html

T J

Member for

20 years 9 months

Which was the other one seen in the film? (At least I'm pretty sure there were two!)