Seen On Ebay 2017

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

17 years

He was selling an incendiary bomb case from a heinkel crash. Apparently they were dropping British incendiaries that night.

Member for

9 years 9 months

Well, Germany was short of bombs in the begining...

Member for

13 years 1 month

Those are chest type Harnessuit`s. The lack of parachute clips on the back and the anchor point clip between the legs identifies them as such. There are three types of Harnessuit, chest, seat and dual purpose. The dual purpose being the most common, the chest type being extremely rare and the seat type being hideously rare. The backs of the suits have been painted with dope to aid visibility.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I was aware of the anchor point but they still didn't look quite like it to me. Second opinions cn be usefull at these times.

Re the incendiary bomb, there's a photo in a book of a Bomb Disposal officer at Biggin Hill surveying some bombs dropped in a raid on the airfiled and some of those are British. Allegedley captured by the Germans I can see some objections but none are insurmountable given the amount of equipment the Germans must have captured. It would have been much easier to convert to the British system thean the German one.

Member for

16 years 2 months

I don't believe British bombs were ever dropped over the uk by the Luftwaffe in ww2. The containers that held these incenderies and the way they were racked on the aircraft and the way the bombs were released just weren't compatible. I've seen that photo and all the bombs look German to me.

Member for

14 years 6 months

This is not what it pertains to be - it's from a Fraser Nash turret, not a BF109

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nice-clean-maker-marked-engine-part-of-Messerschmitt-109-3895-s-d-30-9-40-by-ace-/322440506212?hash=item4b12f3ab64:g:S7UAAOSwWxNYuVBr

This seller repeatedly lies. No other word for it. The problem is nothing gets done about it if one raises it - eBay don't care.

Member for

15 years 5 months

No problem, i speak from experience, i have all the three types of suits and the Parasuit as well.

Member for

13 years 3 months

Isn't the AH no. Also Meteor fitment?

It is indeed! The AH 8400 was also used in the Sea Fury (up to the Mk X), Spiteful, Balliol T1, Vampire F1-F9, Venom FB1/4 (pre Mod315), Spitfire F22/24 and yes, Mk 4 Meteor. I also have a picture somewhere, of it even being used on a late Night Fighter Mosquito!

GYD

Member for

17 years 7 months

Somebody is going to be very disappointed if they do a bit of research on this item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-complete-engine-piston-sleeve-Dornier-17-num-4200-S-D-15-9-40-Marden-Kent-/322447729365?hash=item4b1361e2d5%3Ag%3AcMAAAOSw4CFYwxCc&nma=true&si=mB2d5AUrTa4xYjyOuFSoqyhn8BU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Because I'll guarantee it isn't from a Do17 that was shot-down on 15th September 1940 during the Battle-of-Britain!

Member for

14 years 6 months

Somebody is going to be very disappointed if they do a bit of research on this item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-complete-engine-piston-sleeve-Dornier-17-num-4200-S-D-15-9-40-Marden-Kent-/322447729365?hash=item4b1361e2d5%3Ag%3AcMAAAOSw4CFYwxCc&nma=true&si=mB2d5AUrTa4xYjyOuFSoqyhn8BU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Because I'll guarantee it isn't from a Do17 that was shot-down on 15th September 1940 during the Battle-of-Britain!

Trouble is no-one ever seems to own up to having been taken in, or surely he couldn't continue defrauding punters. As that's the only way eBay or the authorities will be moved ro deal with this crook it looks like he will continue to take the mickey.

Member for

17 years 7 months

I don't imagine any of them have the slightest idea that they've been taken in, after all, even if the part was 'right' for the aircraft type (and it often isn't) any buyer will still have to take it on trust that it was from the actual aircraft it was claimed to be from...

...but then if you're going to part with £180 for an unidentifiable piece of mangled and corroded aluminium, that is claimed by somebody you've never met, to be part of a Lancaster that was shot-down on the Dambusters Raid, who have you really got to blame if it turns out not to be so?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-large-airframe-section-RAF-Lancaster-ED864-B-Baker-s-d16-5-43-Dams-raid-/322440520323?hash=item4b12f3e283%3Ag%3ASNcAAOSwTuJYuWsj&nma=true&si=mB2d5AUrTa4xYjyOuFSoqyhn8BU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

On the other hand, in that case, I cannot say that it isn't what it is claimed to be...

...but I still wouldn't part with £180 just because I wanted it to be so.

Member for

19 years 11 months

Bit fishy that....

Well spotted, pretty daming I would say, and I'm not talking about the dambusters raid.