Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pakistan Air Force

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by saf2000 View Post
    there r rumours that antonov an124 has arrived in pakistan carrying 2 jf-17s (pt-04 and pt-06). any news or clarifications?
    find at biggest pak site PDF
    with big headline
    Indian r behind )
    east or west india is the best

This is really nice , Do post some pics of it, and are those of production line or prototypes for flypast?

Sounds like prototypes.

They are not rumours but its confirmed
    I'm double minded wether to go to the parade or not
    Last edited by phrozenflame; 11th March 2007 at 11:01.

seems like last 2 prototypes have been flown in just for the military parade and it will go back to china for further testing

From the looks of the pictures - these look like production versions. O thats gotta hurt.

Two Fighter JF17s arrive in Pakistan
    Updated at 1850 PST

jang.com.pk
    ISLAMABAD: Two Fighter Aircrafts JF17s Thunder have been handed over to Pakistan, it was reported on Monday.

The arrival ceremony of the JF-17s Thunder fighter aircraft, jointly developed by China and Pakistan was held at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra.

Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed was the chief guest at the ceremony which was attended by senior ranking officers of Pakistan Air Force and visiting Chinese delegation.

The chief guest inspected the JF-17 Thunder aircraft and met the pilots, engineers and technicians. He greatly appreciated their hard work and devotion for translating a dream into reality.

The two JF-17s had arrived in Pakistan in the first week of March, 2007.
    The chief guest, on his arrival at the ceremony, was received by Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry, Chairman Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra and Air Vice Marshal Farhat Hussain, Chief Project Director JF-17.

The JF-17 Thunder aircraft is scheduled to have its first public appearance in Islamabad, on March 23, during fly past of National Day Joint Services Parade.

JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multirole Light Combat Aircraft jointly invested and developed by China and Pakistan. It is a key collaboration strategic project between two countries in the military field.

The project has made great success through tremendous efforts and contribution by both sides.
    Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force, was the Chief Guest on that historic occasion.

The flight tests of prototype aircraft in China are moving forward smoothly.

In order to speed up the development progress and to facilitate maturity of JF-17s, two aircrafts have arrived in Pakistan for further tests and flight evaluation by Pakistan Air Force.

The flight evaluation to be conducted by PAF will be a great deal of help in improving the performance of aircraft and making the JF-17 aircraft more competitive and reliable.

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070312/481/isl10903121448

The two airframes are production standard machines not prototypes. Confirmed from a very reliable personal source.(here come the uncle barbs):diablo:

Quote Originally Posted by saf2000 View Post
    there r rumours that antonov an124 has arrived in pakistan carrying 2 jf-17s (pt-04 and pt-06). any news or clarifications?
    Just found ....

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my Sunday rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.
    -------------------------------------------------
    W.H.Auden (1945)

The plane looks better than J10 in the above pics :diablo: One cockpit pic would have been great though!

Here i have a block diagram of the cockpit,

:diablo:

JF-17 will be the world first operational fighter plane with DSI....
    Take control of yrself and u will control the world!

Here is a fuzzy picture of the cockpit as well as 102 bird not shown in the pictures above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jf-17a.JPG 
Views:	497 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	151156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jf-17c.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	151157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jf-17d.JPG 
Views:	451 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	151158  

Pakistan Selects Lockheed Martin’s Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod

The U.S. government has awarded a contract to Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for 18 Sniper® Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP), a part of the new Advanced Block 52 F-16 aircraft program for Pakistan. Pakistan is the eighth international customer to join the U.S. Air Force and Air National Guard flying with Sniper ATP. The contract includes spares and training services. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

“This sale culminates a two year combined effort by Lockheed Martin’s Missiles and Fire Control and Aeronautics businesses to upgrade the precision attack capability of one of our key allies,” said Ken Fuhr, director of Fixed Wing Targeting Programs at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “Sniper continues to demonstrate exceptional performance in meeting the requirements and expectations of the Warfighter.”

With deliveries beginning in 2008, the Pakistan Air Force will benefit from Sniper ATP’s exceptional stability and superior imagery, allowing aircrews to perform intelligence, targeting, surveillance and reconnaissance missions from extended standoff ranges.

The Pakistan Air Force joins the U.K. Ministry of Defence; the Canadian Forces, the Royal Norwegian Air Force; the Polish Air and Air Defense Force; the Royal Air Force of Oman; the Belgium Defence; and other international customers with its selection of the Sniper ATP.

Sniper ATP is currently flying on the U.S. Air Force and multinational F-15s, F-16s, F-18s, A-10s, B-1s and the Harrier GR9. Sniper ATPs have accumulated tens of thousands of flight hours in thousands of sorties in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.

Sniper incorporates a high-resolution, mid-wave third-generation forward-looking infrared (FLIR), a dual-mode laser permitting eye-safe operation in urban environments, a CCD-TV along with a laser spot tracker and a laser marker. Sniper is fully compatible with the latest J-series munitions and precision-guided weaponry. Its superior detection ranges are vital to pilots, helping keep them out of range of threat air defenses.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=36198

Quote Originally Posted by vFalcon View Post
    Pakistan Selects Lockheed Martin’s Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod
    These are presumably for the 18 Block 52 birds.
    What targeting pods are planned for the 60 f-16 MLUs? If im not mistaken, PAF currently use LANTIRN and ATLIS. Same would continue are are they due to be changed as part of the MLU?

PAF doesnt use LANTIRN. For the MLU birds, there could always be a follow-up order for more Sniper pods

MLUed F-16s will also carry Sniper ATP. Check this DSCA notification.

Quote Originally Posted by MohammedAli View Post
    PAF doesnt use LANTIRN. For the MLU birds, there could always be a follow-up order for more Sniper pods

Makes sense. But i could have sworn they used LANTIRN. Mind playing tricks with me on me again me thinks.

Any idea what the mirages and the A-5s use? Also, if all MLU f-16s get sniper as well, which squadrons gets the existing ATLIS 2?

Recent images of F-16's from No. 11 "Arrows" Sqn at Anatolian Eagle 2007: http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/a...lianeagle.html

Slovakia's bravery award

Slovakia to award it's highest bravery award to the PAF pilots who rescued a mountaineer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6758251.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Recent images of F-16's from No. 11 "Arrows" Sqn at Anatolian Eagle 2007: http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/a...lianeagle.html
    great hi res pics -- thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaduna2003 View Post
    Slovakia to award it's highest bravery award to the PAF pilots who rescued a mountaineer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6758251.stm
    Says Slovenia...

Anyone have good info or photos of the ROSE I/II/III aircraft. Cockpit and weapons photos would be cool....

Although a bit off topic, would anyone have pictures of the lebanese Mirages, upon delivery, or later after their integration to the PAF?
    Last edited by George_nkl; 30th June 2007 at 17:42.

Quote Originally Posted by flex297 View Post
    Says Slovenia...
    Sorry about the mixup. Slovenia indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by George_nkl View Post
    ... would anyone have pictures of the lebanese Mirages ...

Quote Originally Posted by Saeed Khan View Post
    Thanks Saeed Khan, very interesting pictures!

Thumbs up New F-16s Delivered

Its a bit early, i Have just got the news that 02 F-16s have landed at sarghoda(Mushaf AFB) delivered from USA, with 10 more shall be delivered at end of this year or early next year.

may be somebody else come up with more info?

Regards,

MUSHAF BASE, July 10: The United States on Tuesday started the long-awaited delivery of F-16 aircraft to Pakistan when two of the `Fighter Falcons’ were handed over to the Pakistan Air Force.

The handing over ceremony was held at the PAF base near Sargodha where two F-16s landed after being directly flown from the US.

Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed, US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W. Peterson and a large number of senior officers of the PAF attended the ceremony.

Commander of Central Air Command of US Air Force Lt-Gen Gary L. North, along with a colleague, flew the aircraft and reached here after a continuous flight of over eight hours across the Atlantic.

The handing over marked the beginning of the programme for the delivery of the fleet of a dozen aircraft to Pakistan. These aircraft were manufactured in 1990s and their delivery to Pakistan was stopped following imposition of the Pressler Amendment.

Later, these were given to the US air force and navy.

Talking to APP, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed said that the remaining 10 aircraft would be given to Pakistan in batches till the middle of next year.

“These are exceptionally used aircraft and are being given to us at very nominal prices,” he said.

He said the delivery of the aircraft to Pakistan was only possible after hectic negotiations with the US Air Force.

In addition to these aircraft, he said, efforts were in hand to get 16 more aircraft which were in the use of US Navy and these were part of the 28 aircraft for which Pakistan had made the payment.

In the meantime, he said, offers had been made by the US Administration to get the similar number of aircraft being used by the US Navy from the US National Guards. —APP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nat05.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	155382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_06.gif 
Views:	737 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	155383  

Quote Originally Posted by CAT1 View Post
    great hi res pics -- thanks
    Additional high-resolution images from Anatolian Eagle 2007 Exercise have been added: http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/a...ery/index.html

Mirage-IIIEA

Pakistan conducted test of a new cruise missile today from an ROSE-I upgraded Mirage-IIIEA (5xx serial meaning an ex-Aussie bird): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJNppgV7tFk

hey whats the range for this one (air launched) versus ground launched?
    thanks

Thread Information