Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sophie Raworth on BBC News

Auster, I too apologise for the thread drift.

It was an excellent programme - such a rare thing on TV these days. The flying sequences were good too. Nearly made me miss my old day job!

Has anybody got a link to the programme please?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9f4w2

And to those who have apologised, thank you but I wasn’t expecting or requiring any.

FIRST GRAPHIC:

Left: LGBT t-shirt. SIX colors. Found on the Internet, and matching other LGBT logos on the Internet.

Right: Sophie Raworth, presumably in the outfit she wore on BBC News. SEVEN colors, very different from the LGBT colors & order.

SECOND GRAPHIC:

A Rainbow Trust Children's Charity top. On the Internet, I find no RTCC t-shirt or logo which is anything close in design to what is seen in the first graphic.

THIRD GRAPHIC:

A rainbow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LGBT vs Sophie.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	261433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Trust Children's Charity.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	261435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	261437  
    RAF LIBERATORS OVER BURMA (subtitled FLYING WITH 159 SQUADRON) by Bill Kirkness DFM and Matt Poole, published by Fonthill Media

I never suggested that SR’s tee shirt was a RTCC one.

Jesus! The Flypast old guard in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Stager
    Well said Geoff! There are too many people trying to edit others' opinions.
    Indeed! We should celebrate freedom of expression! Every voice should be heard!

Quote Originally Posted by J Boyle
    ...presenting a personal statement or opinion isn't a good idea if you are representing something that has nothing to do with that opinion.
    So... sometimes we have to 'edit others' opinions'?

Quote Originally Posted by 1batfastard
    ...my daughter had two male gay friends who where going to get married and I wouldn't have missed that for the world...
    I KNOW TWO GAY PEOPLE! I KNOW TWO GAY PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1batfastard
    I stress I do not have a problem just the ramming down mine and others throats ( i.e. Sky Cinema having a LGBT movie option now...
    So we should try not to 'edit others' opinions', but don't you dare do any gay things anywhere near me! And I'm not homophobic as I know two whole gay people!

You feel the same way about wearing a crucifix to work, right?

Really? who cares / should care about anybody else's sexuality or opinions in that department? Nothing to do with aviation and just fodder for ranting. Thankyou for Auster who, very helpfully pointed out the program, which was indeed very good. The apparent direction of the thread though, for whatever reason, has taken a severe drift and, could be verging on offensive. I think it has run its course mods...

To get this thread back to a bit of normallity.....

I thought the programme was good and well balanced.

I watched her do the commentary on the 100th flypast yesterday at 1:00pm.... And felt that to be such a disapointment.

Not her fault: the director was rubbish. They kept cutting from one aircraft in the flypast to another never lingering for more than a second before cutting to an image of the queen, crowd, RAF regiment etc. So she and the others talking couldn't give any coherent commentary. It was so disjointed which was a shame as she did her best.

I liked the Dakota flying by itself before the BBMF.....

I thought it an interesting 30 minutes, a nice personal link, some nice filming and a great way of giving perhaps the masses of people less close to such things (than ourselves) a taster of the effort and sacrifices.

As for the non-event of the "jumper", some people sit at home on their armchairs all day eagerly waiting to get offended.....

Just watched it and thought it was very good. She’s a very natural presenter and I’d like see her in more programmes on the subject. Have to agree with Paul about the tv director of the RAF flypast, it really spoilt the coverage.

Thanks Auster for the heads up, I hope you haven’t been put off starting similar threads.
    pb::

Anyway, moving along.......I think she is a good presenter and Gorgeous.

And pretty bloody tough.

She ran some kind of monster 150-mile marathon in the desert.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-43867390

Moggy
    "What you must remember" Flip said "is that nine-tenths of Cattermole's charm lies beneath the surface." Many agreed.

I too have just watched the Sophie Raworth at Stow Maries program, (it can't have done SM any harm) and I thought that it was interesting, well presented and personal. My only criticism is the usual amateurish film research. As to the problem with the attire I wouldn't have known of any issue. Come on chaps we're better than that. The lady is a very personable and competent News reader.

John

Thanks Auster Fan, an engaging programme which I would otherwise have missed. It was good to have a presenter who was not only personally engaged - which seems mandatory for most docs these days - but also a professional journalist. Also, it's good to look at the story of "ordinary" fliers rather than just the aces. Except of course they were all great heroes; ordinary could never apply.

On BBC 2 at 1.25pm this afternoon, Sunday. https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-progra...into-the-blue/

Brian
    The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
    DfG on Facebook

Hi All,
    Right then it is obvious I have made a complete and utter prat out of myself in the first reply post, as pointed out the piece being filmed in January it had no alleged personal support as I had alleged in my post so I have deleted it.

As for anybody else who commented or thinks I am homophobic i.e. thinly disguised your totally wrong, I couldn't care less about what people get up to
    so long as it does not affect me personally.

Again I say It is the constant forcing of the LGBT etc. as normal again it is down to personal choice whatever sexuality you choose or am I wrong and people are born as Gay ? It is how the individual feels as they grow up from childhood to adult simple.

Correct me if I am wrong here but there are just three sexes Male/Female and Hermaphrodite ? or are people born wanting to change sex ? I mean just as an example look what happened on the pride march. Apparently it was hijacked at the front by some Lesbian group overtly protesting against
    transgender's yet you heard little to nothing on MSM.

Yet if I was to accuse them of being bigoted I would be shouted down, when in actual fact they are just the same as me expressing they're feeling very strongly about something they do not agree with! Lets face it all I have done is made a mistake on what I thought was a presenter meant to be doing one
    job but showing support for the LGBT community when it actually turns out to be a coincidence and I dare say that I was not the only one who thought that.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.hmsyS6zJZVI

Just one other thing To whomever:- I live next door to trangender and gay people so please don't get cocky. The woman who owns the house is a Lesbian who had a partner who was a transgender, one of her tenants who was transgender committed suicide due the emotional stress of changing from male to female, he found it that difficult he thought suicide was the only answer, so don't make out if you have moral high ground because I speak my mind.

One last thing:- Auster Fan Please accept my apologies on ruining what should have been a good information post and my mistaking one event connected to another.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 15th July 2018 at 21:05.

Thread Information