Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Su-57 (PAK FA) News, Discussion and Pics

Su-57 (PAK FA) News, Discussion and Pics

There seems to be a wide consensus on the need for this thread and since the previous one disappeared without any explanation or warning, I don't feel like assuming that creating this is prohibited.

Short recap of recent events: T-50-4 and T-50-5R have been repainted with the pixel camo for an appearance on the Victory Day and T-50-2 with the new izd.30 engine was spotted landing at Zhukovsky.

Picture of said event:

UAC also released some pictures of 054 and 055 preparing for the big day: https://uacrussia.livejournal.com/76829.html

And a picture of the most advanced T-50 bort to date, just because I like it:
    Last edited by Bellum; 27th April 2018 at 12:49.

UAC needs to post all of these in high res:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

God i want some nose open image.. gotta see dem AESA.

Anyone got an hint why the last one to get into the line was the T-50-10 and not the -11?
    What happened to make it get overran?

I think in the same way as the F-22/35, the only way you will see the AESA is on the production floor.
    "The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."

God i want some nose open image.. gotta see dem AESA.
    Is this a secret?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aesa.jpg 
Views:	2320 
Size:	406.9 KB 
ID:	260182
    Last edited by paralay; 28th April 2018 at 08:48.

Nice, but prolly dummy radar

Quote Originally Posted by halloweene
    Nice, but prolly dummy radar
    It's photoshopped... The original image was linked like three posts above it.

But, the radar exists and has been tested for quite a while. Don't expect any photos of it mounted though, at least not in the near future. They're secretive y'know.
    Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug; 28th April 2018 at 17:44.

Can't believe I am saying this but I am looking forward more to the Mig-35's LTCC radar than I am with the SU-57's radar. Head Chief of phazatron was interviewed if the same LTCC design would be implemented but he just stated, "we have certain plans." Sadly there is no news if those certain plans have been set to motion which is why I am looking forward to the specifications of the LTCC modules to make hypothetical guesses in performance of what if the SU-57 has had them?

Thanks to Berkut for the higher res:

any reason why they painted the side panel the same color as the radome?

but on 510, the side panel is the same as the rest of the fuselage

Prob because it carries the side-looking N036B.

Does anyone have a guess or knowledge on the function of these things:

DIRCM under belly and on spine?

DIRCM under belly and on spine?
    It appears to be an IRST with a scanning mirror for the lower hemisphere. It is likely intended to provide missile/target approach warning and tracking with position refresh based on scan profile for the hemisphere or designated sector.

It appears to be an IRST with a scanning mirror for the lower hemisphere. It is likely intended to provide missile/target approach warning and tracking with position refresh based on scan profile for the hemisphere or designated sector.
    They are in fact DIRCM as far as I know, model 101KS-O

Some comments on the Indian retirement from FGFA and Izd. 30

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tec...te-indian-su57

How accurate is that article? Except for some Pavel Bulat, director of the Mechanics and Energy Systems international laboratory at the University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, is there any other source ?

RBTH is not the best of sources to put it mildly.

Though the overall argument- that price squabbling is a big part of the issue- seems entirely believable.

^Finally the truth about the FGFA deal.

IAF Chief view on Chinese Stealth Aircraft in a press conf ( starts at 1 hr 8m2sec )

https://youtu.be/ooE8vLRfvVo?t=1h8m2s

He states Chinese Stealth Aircraft is not a threat and there was no need for IAF to go into panic mode and the Chinese Stealth Aircraft will not be in the same class as Russian FGFA would be

Rafale is needed to take on pakistan F-16 and even chinese J-20/31
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Some comments on the Indian retirement from FGFA and Izd. 30

https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tec...te-indian-su57
    These days any one from Bulat to Ajai Shukla knows more about FGFA even though IAF Chief says its classified and is with MOD

Coming back to his statements

According to Bulat, Russia is prepared to pass on all the technology and reveal the production secrets of the Su-57 jet fighter to India for no less than $5bn. The Indians, in turn, say that for this money they can independently develop a fifth generation fighter from scratch themselves.
    The AMCA and FGFA is not the same platform to start with AMCA is a Medium Fighter while FGFA is a Heavy Fighter and according to IAF own presentation their role and radius of action is different so each has its own space in IAF

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	696.6 KB 
ID:	260305
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

Coming back to his statements

According to Bulat, Russia is prepared to pass on all the technology and reveal the production secrets of the Su-57 jet fighter to India for no less than $5bn. The Indians, in turn, say that for this money they can independently develop a fifth generation fighter from scratch themselves.
    The AMCA and FGFA is not the same platform to start with AMCA is a Medium Fighter while FGFA is a Heavy Fighter and according to IAF own presentation their role and radius of action is different so each has its own space in IAF
    I am not assuming they refer to AMCA specifically, but to the hypothetical local development of a fighter in the same class as FGFA. That means, for India FGFA for the cost requested by Russia is uninteresting because they could do that themselves and have no restrictions regarding licensing and ToT. If you look the whole sage it is clear that the price issue was key to the discussions. My guess is that the Indian side tried to bluff a bit too much considering the financial conditions of Russia would give them a lot of leverage in the program but it did not work out as intended and now with the aircraft all but developed, the original FGFA approach does not make sense any more. Good that it is over both for Russia and India.

Regarding the veracity of the article...have no way of knowing, but the statements sound reasonably credible to me.

50-1 also received a makeover:

the 051 only have cheek arrays i see :3

Ah, as I wrote in the mysteriously deleted previous thread... Now the first epic shots are showing up, from the rehearsals over central Moscow:

Dr Snufflebug wrote: "Ah, as I wrote in the mysteriously deleted previous thread"

"Mysteriously" is not the word I would use. "Thoughtlessly" better sums up the way that many useful contributions were thrown away.
    Mercurius Cantabrigiensis

Dr Snufflebug wrote: "Ah, as I wrote in the mysteriously deleted previous thread"

"Mysteriously" is not the word I would use. "Thoughtlessly" better sums up the way that many useful contributions were thrown away.
    Yes Merc, better choose your words carefully around here. You never know when you might get banned..

On a different note, i searched the youtube for the Victory parade. Not so much good coverage out there of the VKS fly over..
    As usually, RT coverage kind of sucked..

Anyone?
    9 of May can't come soon enough..
    Last edited by haavarla; 5th May 2018 at 01:36.
    Thanks

The mods think JSR posts are more useful than Berkut's apparently.

I don't like the Su-57 digital camouflage. I think it looks weird and tacky and I'm hoping it can get the blue camouflage of the Su-35.

Thread Information