Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: USAF vs Russian SAMs, RuAF vs US SAMs.

USAF vs Russian SAMs, RuAF vs US SAMs.

I feel like this forum needs a air force vs SAM thread. I want anyone to post ideas of latest SEAD weapons from aircraft in launching attacks against SAMs. For example sending F-35s to attack S-300 variants, S-400, S-500 and even the A-235 system using Voronezh ground radars what strategy would you use? Or sending SU-57s to the latest PACs, THAAD and AEGIS systems. You can even get creative setting up a defense network and how that SAM network of pantsir, tor, buk, krasukha, moskva, vityaz, morpheus, etc, SAM batteries would work against SEAD weapons. Anything new in technology would be very helpful.

@niksi
    This looks like a neutral civilized forum, even those that are bias act professional. F-16.net and Russian defense forum looks like a place where XXXX happen and sometimes they resemble your typical 4chan /k/ users when different opinions are given. I feel like knowing more about SAMs and how they target aerial targets, weapons that aircrafts would use against SAMs, etc.
    Last edited by Mpacha; 19th March 2018 at 17:38. Reason: Language.

Start with the events surrounding January 17, 1991.
    Massive deception campaign to mislead Iraqis.
    Destruction of EW radars.
    Massive jamming and use of decoys causing Iraqis to drain their missile inventory..
    Lots of Harm shooters, followed by Paveways to destroy SAM batteries.
    It was a classic roll-back technique.

Heard 2 months ago a Saudi F-15 got shot down and apparently it happened yesterday again. Do these F-15s use flares? How can the Saudis stop these screw ups? I am sure Lockheed or Northrup wont mind making profits out of this.

Incorrect plane were not shot down.

First plane landed with damage to rear stab and second plane's pilot managed to put out fire with help from onboard systems.

given the performances of the missile and the lack of apparent fireball, IMOHO there are no explosive charges on the missile (to compensate for the lack of booster). I wonder why I can be so wrong that nobody else seems to have reach a similar conclusion. What's are your own?

IMO it's a normal R-27ET. Roughly 10s burn time, easily capable of reaching medium altitudes from a surface launch. Unlikely they'd remove the explosives, the R-27's hit rate is not good enough to use it as a KE interceptor. At 0:22, you can also see a cloud where the initial explosion occurred.

@Siddar

http://www.janes.com/article/78774/s...hit-over-yemen Saudi Arabia confirms their F-15 was shot

@St.John your right on the hit rate. The F-15 managed to survive.

Damage to a USAF F-15 after been hit by a 'friendly' AIM-9 Sidewinder.

Name:  20130805231306-7ab542cc-me.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  168.8 KB

Just felt like updating this thread because I am surprised no one has been talking about this subject much here. According to someone from 4chan /k/. "There are reports that the Donald Cook is carrying 60 Tomahawks, but I don't know if that number has a reliable source. The French Aquitaine should have 16 Scalp missiles. The Duncan doesn't have any. The John Warner could be carrying up to 12 Tomahawks and there's a possibility of an Ohio SSGN in the area with a loadout of 154 Tomahawks." Is there anyway in knowing besides the S-400 and pantsir S1 system what amount of SAM batteries can handle like 200+ tomahawks? It sounds like Syria has a weak defense network(since the only defenses highlighted as modern are these 2). I heard it took 743 HARMs to take care of the SAMs in Kosovo. So are these smart tomahawks Trump is talking about either block 4 or block 5? Are they launching these missiles in Latakia in which the air defenses are at? How many Iskander missiles are in Syria(in case of retaliation)?

Just felt like updating this thread because I am surprised no one has been talking about this subject much here. According to someone from 4chan /k/. "There are reports that the Donald Cook is carrying 60 Tomahawks, but I don't know if that number has a reliable source. The French Aquitaine should have 16 Scalp missiles. The Duncan doesn't have any. The John Warner could be carrying up to 12 Tomahawks
    I don't know where "4chan/k/" got its information from but it is clearly wrong. The number quite obviously is 71, 22, 8 and 16.
    Old radar types never die; they just phased array

B-I-O, very disappointed that you didn’t differentiate the “smart” tomahawks from the regular ones.

And 4chan is slipping as a source doesn’t everyone know that that the USN opens up every VLS canister for inventory so reporters can count before the ship leaves port?

B-I-O, very disappointed that you didn’t differentiate the “smart” tomahawks from the regular ones.
    Well "4chan/k's misinformation aside, my source tells me that all the 70 TLAMs on the destroyer have the "smart" upgrades.

Last edited by bring_it_on; 13th April 2018 at 14:17.
    Old radar types never die; they just phased array

Thread Information