Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Merlin Exhausts

Merlin Exhausts

Hi all
    I've been looking for a set of exhaust stubs for my Packard Merlin, I found 6, 4 for the A bank and 2 for the B bank.
    I have just got another 3 for the B bank, but sadly though there are very similar, they are a slightly greater angle, in that they point up slightly higher, see photos.
    So, before I consider altering these 3 very good serviceable stubs, I thought I would ask here if anyone wants to swap these 3 for any similar but a lesser angle to match my original silver ones

Thanks for any help offered

Jules
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2566.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	899.6 KB 
ID:	259358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2567.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	881.6 KB 
ID:	259359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2568.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	996.0 KB 
ID:	259360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2569.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	948.5 KB 
ID:	259361  

Are the three stubs not mustang? they have different reinforcing on the tips as well.
    Why be your own worse critic, that's what the forum is for.

Hi DawnPatrol;

How many Merlins are you up to now? A good comprehensive hobby! Can we request some pictures or a website?

You probably know all of these contacts, but here goes anyway.

http://51-factory.com/ has a cubic mile of Merlin parts, probably leaned heavily toward the Packard type. They're a little hard to get a hold of at times, but they might be willing to help.

And there is a company in the US that is now printing Packard exhaust stubs, at least for one customer Rob Connelly, who has been flying with them, and here are a few links. Again, no idea if they'll help (the guy 3D print company owner, John Murray, wasn't remotely interested that I'm printing full sized replica Merlin heads, banks, carburetors) so just find out if they'll respond. I think the print company is "Concept Laser" and here are some info links; https://www.facebook.com/aircorpsavi...45997812107799 and https://all3dp.com/aviation-enthusia...p-51d-mustang/

Good hunting. Tom.

I think the serviceable stubbs that you have are from a Boulton Paul Balliol.
    WANTED FAIREY FIREFLY parts!
    Griffon74@btinternet.com

Thread Information