Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Civil Magister schemes, show me some pics!

Civil Magister schemes, show me some pics!

I`m looking for some civil colour schemes on Miles Magisters, i am just embarking on building a radio controlled Maggie and would like to do something different to the usual Air Force schemes. I`m sure there must be plenty of pictures out there but an internet search hasn`t shown much up, can anyone help?.............Martin
    pb::

Have you tried searching Miles Hawk?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...agister%29.jpg
    Last edited by antoni; 11th March 2018 at 21:52.

There are more colour scheme choices for military Maggies than some might think, everything from Irish Air Corps to Latvian AF and even Luftwaffe, so you could do a military scheme that isn't just the usual RAF trainer schemes. There was also a rather nice "Sunburst" CFS aerobatic team colour scheme just pre-war (similar to the Shuttleworth Avro Tutor at the moment). There are quite a few representations of these schemes via a quick Google, but most seem to be artwork so I can't vouch for their authenticity.
    "Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease." Sergei Sikorsky

I wanted something a bit different for mine as well and eventually settled on the Egyptian color scheme as I think the yellow/white/green combination with the polished cowl is just spectacular. This was just a small free flight design but I would love to do a 1/4 scale r/c model of it as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was pleasantly surprised to see one in 'Lufwaffe' colours at the IPMS meet last month

In civil use the Magister was known and registered as the Hawk Trainer III. There were many interesting civil schemes. If you PM me your email address, when I get chance I will send you some images.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Two were registered post-WW2 in Denmark, pictures of one here (b/w photos, have no clue about the colors):

http://www.oy-reg.dk/register/187.html

Thread Information