Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Aerojumbles & Aeroboots

#Me too, I’ll be there

Thumbs up for Kenley aerojumble, certainly progressing well for a fledgling aerojumble. Probably double the stalls of last year and well attended with punters, albeit a fair few would have been autojumblers as well. Great day out, weather perfect, another aerojumble event at Kenley will be held on 7th October 2018.
    Last edited by FLY.BUY; 3rd June 2018 at 20:34.

Any nice pieces on offer - FB?

Rob

I was only really looking for books, and was delighted with the range available and my several purchases. I wasn't up to staying long, as I'm recovering from major surgery, but I shall certainly be looking forward to the next one. We'll done organisers and sellers alike.

Wyvernfan - Well the usual mixture of stalls selling aviation books, aircraft models, airline paraphernalia, aircraft parts and wreckology (incl German wrecks). Instruments both WWII and mainly post war, a few metal and wooden propellers, grips, military clothing and deactivated weapons, aircraft wheels, one stall had a few large EE Lightning fuselage panels including a couple of Lightning fuselage spines, also a large section of Vickers Viscount panel bearing the registration number and other bits and pieces including a large chunk of Shorts Stirling from a wreck (don’t ask me what part of the aircraft it was from!). Counting from memory maybe 15-16 aviation related stalls were present and about the same again if not a little more of automobila stalls.
    Last edited by FLY.BUY; 3rd June 2018 at 20:52.

first timer to Kenley have to say great surroundings for an aerojumble certainly felt the atmosphere of the airfields former self, surprised to see so much of the airfield still in place buildings blast pens etc.
    The jumble itself was well worth the journey up from Kent some nice pieces to be had, come away well happy.

Roll on October for this up coming event, thanks to everyone involved.

Thank you FB, sounds like something was on offer there for most - I’m only sorry I couldn’t make it there myself.

Rob

I picked up an eight squadron A Type Flying helmet, very happy with that. A few of the auto jumble stall had aviation items, including the aforementioned large lumps of Lightning. One stall had a lot of wiring and plugs and sockets, amongst other stuff.

The stall price had been wrongly stated in the adverts, anyone who turned up having pre paid was given a £10 refund.

Space enquiries are still being actioned by NAM, and bookings being taken for the Aeroboot/Aerojumble that runs alongside Cockpit-Fest on 23 & 24 June - best move quickly I you want to secure a space. Please remember that there are no pitches available on the day, you have to pre-book!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Summer_18_Aeroboot
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

I've managed to snaffle a copy of NAM's Cockpit-Fest & Aeroboot/Aerojumble layout for 23 & 24 June, 2018 - copy attached. Once again there's a cash only entry point directly into the event from the Southfield Site car parking area!

The Aeroboot/Aerojumble pitches are the red blocks on the southern side (top) of the plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was over at Newark today & it was pleasing to note that a couple more telephone bookings were received while I was there - filling up nicely & seems to be a reasonable forecast!

It's also worth noting that some cockpit displays also have mini-sales stalls alongside their displays; both those outside on the Southfield Site & some in Hangar 2.

Please remember that you have to pre-book spaces!

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Summer_18_Aeroboot

Thread Information