Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Hunters out and about tonight,,,

Hunters out and about tonight,,,

Was just on one of the airborne tracking sites watching air traffic on the US East coast, and an unfamiliar aircraft listed as "ATAC Hunt" appeared, for about 5 seconds and vanished. So I waited several minutes and it re appeared, this time I got a chance to query the aircraft ident, it was a Hawker Hunter owned by ATAC, registration was N335AX. it had been up for almost an hr. according to the flight time, just hanging around Nags Head out to sea. a few minutes later a second Hunter appeared right alongside it and they flew alongside for about 10 mins at 390 knots then disappeared again. Second Hunter was N336AX. I waited a while longer but they never appeared again,, I assume they headed home for the evening. Seems that ATAC owns 10 hunters, amongst other types. They had 11 hunters but one seems to have had an accident off San Diego. This was the first time I have seen hunters fly recently in the USA, with the exception of the restored one that flew out of Manchester NH, it was pranged on its initial flight.

They've lost two of them in California, a couple of others were operating out of Camarillo & Pt Mugu about 3 weeks ago.
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

I wasn't aware of a second one,, that's a shame.

been sitting here to see if the hunters showed up again tonight,, no joy but I did catch RAF Voyager ZZ330 going into Nellis at 21:00 EST.

Thread Information