Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: ME109 One Summer Two Messerschmitts - 1996 documentary

ME109 One Summer Two Messerschmitts - 1996 documentary

I have not seen this for about 10/11 years - great documentary about the 2 109's at Duxford during summer 1995 for the filming of the TV mini - series 'Over Here'.
    Footage of both 109's displaying,interviews with the Black 6 restoration team and pilot Dave ('Hello') Southwood with some footage of Mark Hannah,Charlie Brown and John Allison in the cockpit - there is no 'presenter' so it is all in a laid back style without the modern OTT presentation/over dramatisation style of programme,no annoying music either - how refreshing .

Link removed after reading sconnors post.

Sorry did not realise !

rgds baz
    Last edited by bazv; 15th February 2018 at 23:05.

Sweet.
    Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings........

I'd forgotten how good that was. I was utterly taken with Black 6.

It was worth watching just to see the spinner spiral on Black 2 - the artist who painted that on was top notch.

I was also imagining Black 6 groundcrew wondering why they were having to use the old Armstrong starter when the other a/c had electric spin up for the inertia flywheel

It's a fantastic video which I'm glad is on YouTube - I seem to watch it annually!
    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

Sadly this video was illegal ripped and uploaded to YouTube without my permission - (I made it!) It won't be there for too long.

In that case I'll get onto buying a legitimate copy, Steve. DVD, or is Blu-ray available?
    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

That's a kind thought - thank you. However I don't currently have it up for sale but it should be back at www.FlyingMachinesTV.co.uk soon. No Blu-ray I'm afraid as it was filmed long before the days of HD or even widescreen!

That's a kind thought - thank you. However I don't currently have it up for sale but it should be back at www.FlyingMachinesTV.co.uk soon. No Blu-ray I'm afraid as it was filmed long before the days of HD or even widescreen!
    Could be a good time to add a second disc with new recordings of the Bf-109E at Biggin Hill, or maybe a new offering. There are lots of possibilities with GoPro cameras and digital recordings. I would order it.

Thanks for taking the link down, Youtube have also kindly removed the video as well.

DoraNineFan, I'd love to get some footage of the 109E, let's hope we see it shows soon

Id love to see a new version done with Bf109 survivors and an Fw190 included All IMAX and 3d/HD of course ...
    "If the C.O. ask's you to be Tail End Charlie...just shoot him!!!....A Piece of Cake.
    http://spitfirea58-27.blogspot.com.au/

There are still two copies of this still on Youtube as of 02.29am 17-02-18
    "Everybody's doing it so why the hell should I ?" Black Sheep- Gin Wigmore

Thread Information