Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Dakota G-AMSV (now VP905) now officially part of Indian Air Force Vintage Flight

Dakota G-AMSV (now VP905) now officially part of Indian Air Force Vintage Flight

News reports from India confirm the presentation of the former Air Atlantique Dakota G-AMSV , (now VP905) to the Vintage Flight of the IAF. So its officially on strength.

https://twitter.com/IAF_MCC/status/963414812553351169

http://zeenews.india.com/india/world...s-2080963.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62900646.cms

Name:  ag7L35hD.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  279.3 KB
    Advisor Mike Edwards of the IAF Vintage flight

I took all of the air to air still photos shown in those links of press reports. Surprised to see one of them credited to “BCCL” when I hold the copyright... still I am happy the owners of the DC-3 found them useful.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Who is BCCL? You should send the newspapers a take down notice..

I now gather that BCCL is the publisher of that newspaper. The newspaper should not have credited themselves as the image source, but I have no issue with the owner of the DC-3 using those images which I provided as part of the project’s publicity campaign.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

I often find my photos in various publications , websites etc. As long as it is not for someone else's overt commercial gain I am reasonably sanguine about it, viewing it as a contribution to the aviation 'community'. Boeing sent me £100.00 when I said 'Oi ! '

The only way to avoid 'borrowing' is never to post your images online, just hug it all to yourself, for your own private gratification, and that is a bit sad really. Imagery is everywhere , no longer cherished, and now a temporary disposable commodity.

In this instance my images of the Dakota were not copied without authority. I supplied them to the aircraft owner who, as expected, used them as part of their project publicity. I was just mildly bemused by one of the Indian newspapers which published the story but disappointingly credited my images as their own. That doesn’t detract from my delight at helping the project.

Thread Information