Hi.
I hope this is ok to post in this section of the site.
Me and my 9yr old son are starting to get into collecting aircrew related items i.e. Flying suits, life preservers etc and also flying helmets .
Recently picked up a couple of helmets to restore and display alongside my lightning cockpit xn728.
Tonight I won a few shells for mk4 and also a mk2a shell. The mk2a is the most important as is the correct type of helmet for the period my lightning was active. It is just a shell but have managed to get a tatty liner so far but ideally need a better one. Can anyone on here help in any way with parts for the mk2a and the mk4,s so I can build these up and make one little boy happy as he loves helmets on the shelf at home.
I am looking for virtually any parts whatsoever from screws , liners ,coms,visors and covers etc. Have the relevant manual for the mk3,4 and 10 as been slowly building a 3c and 10c also.
Any help or leads on any parts at all would be greatfully appreciated or good reference pictures of the different types of mk2 and 4 helmets. Many thanks