Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: SPOTTED 2018 What Have You Seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Trolly Aux View Post
    I did see the BBMF holding and the rest of the flypast apart from the rotor stuff
    The rotor stuff held around Lambourne End/Stapleford area from my view point.

Not a bad view from the park and ride, although it would have been better from the "Costa" roundabout car park.
    The heat haze made photography a challenge.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

They seemed to of pushed a 1/4 of a mile further north this time unlike the Queens Trooping of the Colour , they normally go over our heads
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Blenheim just now over Amersham heading S E.

Just over the hill from Croydon's best piece of history
    Pair of Apaches have just gone over me at rather less than 1000' and on Sunday I had a Lithuanian AF MI-8 whap over on its way home from Yeovilton apparently.

What fast jet flew over Boscombe Down this morning? I couldn't get out to have a look quick enough.
    If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Heavy pistons ( sounds big radials plural ) to the east of me (just south of Colchester), unable to see through the haze.
    Last edited by whalebone; 12th July 2018 at 18:52.
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

About 7.30pm tonight the helicopters flying the President of the United States flew over Thame. 4 in total including the Osprey a type never seen over our house. Then tonight waited for them to come back whilst feeding the hedgehogs, we weren't disappointed with 2 jets flying low us, then you could hear the noise in the distance with 5 helicopters including the Osprey, the glow of its twin rotors showing green, all this at 11.00 p.m. Wow!!

Capt Trump and his Incredible Flying Circus just flew over Rickmansworth with 2 Opspreys leading, then two Sikorskys, another Osprey, and a police Eurocopters front and back of formation, heading towards London.

Westland Sea King HAR.5 flying eastward this morning, approximately 08.45, spotted from Bournemouth. Perhaps HeliOps a/c flying to Fleetlands for maintance ?

Flying Bulls B25 Mitchell, P38 Lightning and Corsair flew over Regal Towers in W.G.C. at 16.55 this afternoon, heading towards Duxford. Presumably transiting from Fairford ?
    plain old vanilla

It was Farnborough. I think it was the second attempt. they were airborne earlier, but I think they had to get back in due to thunderstorms. they were holding for a while over our way down near Alton

Saw just the B25 and what looked like a Spitfire at about 5pm over Minley Manor out of Farnborough.
    No Corsair or P38 though.
    We had driven through torrential rain about 10 miles to the south.

On FR24
    2 seat Spits giving rides
    G-BMSB out of Biggin
    and
    G-CICK out of Headcorn over the south coast cliffs at this time 11.09
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Just over the hill from Croydon's best piece of history
    G-AIDN popped up on FR24 doing rides out of Biggin on Friday; first time I'd noticed it...

Flying Bulls B25 over W.G.C. 09.40 hrs. heading in a WSW direction.
    plain old vanilla

I've seen quite a bit this afternoon. Shortly after lunch as I was driving past Sutton Scotney I saw a Spitfire parked up, is this the same one I saw on the 21st June? A couple of hours later I went for a walk around Boscombe Down. First aircraft I saw was the yellow fuselage minus tail assemble and rotors of an old rescue Sea King near the end of runway 05 and a few moments after that I saw a Merlin on the pan outside rotary wing. A few minutes after this a Grob Tutor from the Southampton UAS flew over, a minute later a blue Quinetiq Gazelle also flew in and then a couple of minutes later seemingly out of nowhere an A400M landed. 10 minutes later I heard a jet aircraft taking of at the other end of the runway and could just make out it was an RJ as it climbed away and finally a few minutes later the A400M followed it.
    If you're not living on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Thread Information