Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Bell 63 King Cobra belly landing ( Texas) 6th Oct. Pilot OK

Bell 63 King Cobra belly landing ( Texas) 6th Oct. Pilot OK

The aircraft experienced fuel starvation and subsequent force landing to Skywest Airport Inc (7T7) in Midland, Texas. The Bell P-63F Kingcobra sustained apparent minor damage and the sole pilot onboard was not injured.

Owner/operator: American Airpower Heritage Flying Museum

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=200290

http://www.newswest9.com/story/23671...rgency-landing
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is it me or is this the exact same plane, quasi-exact same time in the year, exact same location and exact same cause as on october 15th, 2013 ?

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=161487

And same link for the news channel on the two different accident report page (the one printed on the first post, and this one above).... weird ?
    Last edited by happymeal; 9th October 2017 at 13:36.

Hmmmmm............Most peculiar.

Well spotted/remembered.

OMG, how weird! I'm plagued with very strange coincidences, myself. This one is one of the weirdest: some years ago I was reading about a carpenter who was involved in the repair of Miles aircraft. The next morning I went to a show at Shuttleworth and he was parked next to me!!
    Last edited by Oxcart; 9th October 2017 at 14:28. Reason: Spelling
    Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

On Facebook there are several pictures of it flying with the CAF's P-39 at the Wings over Dallas show and those pictures where taken this past Saturday 10/7...

False alarm me thinks.

I agree Chad. Not seen any other credible reports of such an incident this year. No mention at all on the WIX Forum. Looks like someone has erroneously reported an old incident as current on the site.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."(Mary Baker Eddy)

Old news, although to be fair this aircraft did come a cropper twice with the apparent same issue: running out of fuel with a full tank...
    If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: It's all balls. RJM.

Thread Information