Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Stored at Cosford 1958

Stored at Cosford 1958

I joined the RAF at Cosford in June 1958.The first day we were allowed into the large hangars next to the parade ground(think they were called Hinadi and?),both were full of aircraft which we were allowed to look over.I can only remember a Lincoln ,hunter and maybe a mosquito.Can anyone provide a list of what was actually there?

Sorry, No, However they had the Lincoln still there, a couple of yrs back. Last week, Myself and son, visited East Kirkby aviation museum, where they had a Mosquito being rebuilt. Andrew Panton, who now looks after the museum,stated that they hoped to start ground trials on the Mossie by the Spring 2018. Could this be the one Cosford had, or do we have 2 now?.
    Jim
    Lincoln 7
    There is no such thing as a problem, just a solution!!

Jim that is the one that has travelled down from Elvington and has been rebuilt from parts by the owner. Cosford still has its Mossie.

A friend who was also a B/E same entry as me but different trade informs me that Yes there was a Lincoln,also two NF30 mosquito night fighters ,two F.1 Hunters(WT570 and WT576)and a Javelin prototype (WT837).These he remembers from one hanger.

Thread Information