Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Monarch flights cancelled as airline ceases trading

Monarch flights cancelled as airline ceases trading

Martin

A shame, but the writing was on the wall.
    They sold a lot of Holidays to North Africa and Turkey and the terrorist incidents of late caused a lot of folk to cancell.
    Passengers are of course ABTA protected and my thoughts are for the staff who will be soon looking for work.

Not a surprise to those in the industry, this has been on the cards for some time

According to media reports, thousands of people are stranded aboard...what utter drivel.
    BBC news had to get someone in their studio this morning to moan about their cancelled holiday.
    News reports are concentrating on those inconvenienced by losing their holidays. Both the BBC and ITV featured
    a chap was supposed to be getting married next week. He was at pains to point out that the wedding was costing £15,000.
    Most of which he will probably get back I imagine.

Hopefully staff will find jobs soon, they are the importand people. I also assume company pensions are protected ? Although I believe
    the pension protection scheme had a 10% stake in Monarch.

My nephew moved from Monarch engineering to Marshalls a couple of months back, although I don't
    think the engineering side is affected.
    Last edited by ~Alan~; 2nd October 2017 at 18:22.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/03/why-ha...-bust-6972843/

More explanations for Monarch's demise. Kudos to the CAA who seemed to have pulled all the stops out to rescue passengers.
    http://www.flightmemory.com/ I have been round the world 11.83 times!

I didn't think it would be long before Brexit was cited as one of the reasons for Monarch's collapse.
    The company had of course been in dire straits long before Brexit had even been thought of.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Thread Information