Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: A Rather Lovely Short Documentary about Cosford's Hampden.

A Rather Lovely Short Documentary about Cosford's Hampden.

Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Indeed lovely, a true labour of love. Would be great to see the complete fuselage in a few years time. The wings will be a hard nut to crack I think.
    I will be at Telford in November but will not be able to visit during the open workshop days.
    Cheers
    Cees

Whoever that man is is in the right job, he really knows his stuff!
    Might be worth giving them a ring. Explain your circumstances, and I'm sure they won't mind u wandering around the worshop for a while.
    Give a man a fish and eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod and he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man religion and he'll die praying for a fish!

Looks really well done but i do hope they keep it's history uncovered ,the bullet holes ,the shrapnel and the remains of the original parts that couldn't be used alongside it.

Whoever that man is, he is in the right job, he really knows his stuff
    Darren Priday

https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/blog/ha...n-restoration/

Magnificent.

Mark

Last edited by Mark12; 13th September 2017 at 12:06.
    "...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney…"

Thank U, Mark.

I have met Darren a few years ago when I was busy with the Hampden cockpit. He was very helpful and a nice chap too.

Cheers
    Cees

Thanks for posting that up. When you look at the likes of the Bulldog, Wallace and now the Hamden, this is what I believe many (maybe I'm alone on this one) expect of the RAF museum - research, dedication and craftsmanship to restore or bring back the types of aircraft that make up the history of the Royal Air Force. The Dornier on the other hand is another story!

Rob

They are really doing a fabulous job on the Hampden. It is a shame we don't have a flying example, but this is the next best thing once she is complete.
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Wouldn't it be great to see a Blenheim/Hampden formation one day?

Thread Information