Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Thread: Kenley Aerojumble

Kenley Aerojumble

I see there is a proposed Aerojumble at Kenley on Sunday October 8th
    Any one going ?

would be nice to support such an event

Jules

I will probably go, this is the first I have heard of the event, any further details or web links ?

IIRC Sunday 8th October is the same date that a sale is being organised at Midland Air Museum - their organiser checked with me about the date of the autumn Newark Indoor Aeroboot/Aerojumble on, 14th October a while back!
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

I see there is a proposed Aerojumble at Kenley on Sunday October 8th
    Not heard anything about it, which is worrying as October isn't too far away. Let's hope it gets promoted beyond Facebook!

IIRC Sunday 8th October is the same date that a sale is being organised at Midland Air Museum
    They describe it as an Air Enthusiasts Fair - sounds like sickbags and postcards?
    Last edited by Air Ministry; 24th August 2017 at 20:21.
    The garage that keeps on giving

details i have are :-
    traders £20 a car
    £35 a van
    £60 Marquee plot

contact is Alistair White

The details I have are: Alistair White, Imperial Air Management' , c/o Wentworth, Coulsdon Common, CR3 5QS, TEL. 07869762277 E-Mail: acebellaviation@aol.com
    Editor: 'Britain at War' Magazine

A 'Key Publishing' product - Britain's Best Selling Military History Monthly

Good to see that they are allowing trading from a car boot, nice to see this flexibility, I will contact the organiser and pop down with a few items to sell.

I spoke to the organiser today, gates open at 9am, entry is £2.50 for buyers, the sellers entry fees are listed above.

Getting quite near now. I hope that's not tumbleweed I see blowing across the grass at Kenley?

I again spoke to the organiser yesterday, it's still on track for going ahead. If a success can be made of it, it may become a regular event. It would be nice for it supported, I understand that it will be combined with an Autojumble.
    More info on the link below:
    http://ipmsuk.org/calendar/raf-kenley-aerojumble/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FLY.BUY; 28th September 2017 at 19:58.

I have loads of Aircraft parts to sell but been based in Norfolk its a 6 hr journey there and back. I'd have to see what the feedback is before I could commit purely due to cost and travel. I wish everyone well with this endeavor and hope it is a success

Contact number to book a stall or obtain any further information on this event is 07860 762277 which is a slight correction to the contact details in post #6 above.
    Last edited by FLY.BUY; 30th September 2017 at 17:39.

Gatwick Aviation Museum will be there with a stall, hope to see you there.

I'll be there myself, early bird, anyone else going ?

I'm saving myself for Newark the following Saturday. It's a long old drive from Wales.

I'd love to support it, but it's a long way for me and, as Ian intends, I'll also be going to Newark the following weekend.

Anon.

I'll be going as it's very close to me, and also the head quarters of Anne Summers if anyone's interested.

There's been a regular autojumble there for some time, this is being tacked on the end of that, hopefully it will be good.Alastair also runs the Croydon Aerojumble.

A reminder of this aerojumble tomorrow Sunday, weather cloudy but importantly no rain!

Two of us going, just in case there any Merlin parts !
    As a matter of interest, is there anything else interesting to see on the airfield these days ?

Jules

I believe airfield tours may have been organised on a bus but other than this I have no further details.

Have a successful day, I hope it's an addition to the jumble calendar. Tacking it on to an existing auto jumble seems a very good idea.

I'm surprised there's been no feedback on this event?

I wasn't going to post as, technically, I wasn't there. I was, however, about twenty feet away, in the autojumble.

I didn't count the stalls but someone mentioned 14. Books, models and a fair amount of aircraft parts/instruments etc.

The weather was fine, which was just as well as I don't think any of the stalls had cover which suggests that perhaps most were locally based and had made a final decision based on the forecast?

I recognised about five aerojumble regulars, apart from those on the stalls but there may have been more that I do not know, of course.

I can't vouch for sales on that side of the field but I estimate that 90% of my takings were from the autojumble crowd.

The venue is an excellent choice. I'd never visited Kenley before and was pleasantly surprised by its state of preservation. The Portcullis club is an obvious attraction too, and the decision to combine with the autojumble is a sensible idea as it helps spread the cost of portaloos and other infrastructure, etc.

(My thanks are due to the autojumble organisers for making me feel very welcome and the evening's fish and chip run was most definitely appreciated after a hard few days "under canvas".)

Will it happen again? Not for me to comment on really but I can see it being run as a local jumble for the locals. To grow any bigger will require an awful lot more effort though, partcularly in terms of advertising and promotion.

I was going to post a review on this but got a little fed up with my photos being rejected for the thread. Personally I really enjoyed the day, great for a first aerojumble at this ideal location and something to build upon in the future. As Alan stated there were about 14 stalls selling aviation related items and probably double to treble this number of autojumble stalls. Pity I can't post the photos but there was a good mix of instruments and aircraft parts for sale, the Gatwick aviation museum had a really good mix of items for sale from their stores. Collectively all stalls considered I remember for sale a HP Herald instrument panel, Whirlwind helicopter and Wessex helicopter instrument panels for sale, Avro Shackleton windows, ME109 wheel, Tempest wheel, Canberra nose wheel, Tiger moth control column, Shackleton seat pans (a few of them), Harvard prop, Dornier 217 seat back, ME262 wing tip (salvaged condition), gypsy wooden prop, EE Lightning spine as well as various instrumentation from different eras. Historic Tours around the airfield were available, there was also a burger van, club house and bar, portaloos and some sunshine thrown into the mix. All in all a good day out for me, I believe the next proposed date is Sunday 10th June subject to confirmation. Thanks to all those who organised this event.

Thanks for the updates, AM and FLY.BUY. Sounds a useful trip. I've also had trouble uploading photos, the size limit seems to have gone down. It does put one off posting after the umpteenth failure. Looking forward to more jumbling next weekend oop north.

Two of us from Oxford attended and I throughly enjoyed it, picked up a nice section of Wellington but above all it was nice to catch up with fellow aerojumblers .

I hope it continues

Jules

I'm glad it wasnt just me having issues uploading pictures. The two of us from Gatwick Aviation Museum had a good day, we brought a selection of parts, panels and instruments to sell and after a slow start did rather well. We even managed to pick a few bits ourselves including a section of Firestreak missile which will go with our Lightning display.
    It was nice to chat to everyone and there were a number of people who were unaware of us or that the museum still continued after Peter Vallances passing.
    Thank you very much to all the organisers and we hope to see you again next time.

That date is a bit of a worry.

I heard that the date of Cockpitfest might be changed to avoid a clash with a festival, it could now clash with Kenley.

Stand easy, Cockpit-Fest & Aeroboot 2018 is on 23 & 24 June 2018 (week later than normal) - details in here http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/2017_18-Special-Events

More pressing is the Indoor Aeroboot / Aerojumble this Saturday, 14 October - details in here http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Museum-Events
    Find out what's happening at newarkairmuseum.org
    Please help move Chinook ZA717 to Newark Air Museum

The date ties in with the pre organised auto jumble as both appear to compliment each other.

Thread Information