Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Seen On Ebay 2017

Ebay have created this mess, they had the option of limiting membership, to a level that was controllable, but greed prevailed; when I joined in '03 scams were unheard of, and deliberately fraudulent listings much rarer, with a kind of a community feeling, and generally honest sellers. (and buyers that fully intended to purchase items unlike now)

Ebay removed members identities so you had no idea who you were bidding against, stopped sellers from giving negative feedback, (allowing non payers free reign) have you noticed some buyers have anything up to 50 bid retractions in the six month period; I retracted a bid once in '04 as I typed the wrong amount in, but these guys are either bidding up an item for someone else, or bidding to find what the reserve is set at, and as for the practice of placing multiple bids to burn out the "opposition" the word scum comes to mind.

But to come back to your point, should medals be sold? if you are trading in medals with a provenance what are you actually buying?
    Why be your own worse critic, that's what the forum is for.

I'm really angry to see that the Mosquito log book with fake ACE medal has just sold for £472! Despite informing eBay twice they did nothing to end the sale and this despicable seller yet again will be laughing all the way to the bank and ripping off another collector. One can only hope the buyer discovers the items to be wrong and send them back and leave him negative feedback.

The twin pin is up for grabs. Sad to see it like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Pione...oAAOSwNmxZuSwu
    It's the one you don't see that gets you (usually)...

Has it been sectioned? is it Spitfire???
    >>>>Spitfire Turn Coordinator<<<<
    SMOKE SMOKE GO!
    TA out

Aren't they all Spitfire turn and bank indicators now?

Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
    Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
    www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
    Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Our Beech 18 & T-6@www.beechrestorations.com
    Visit Sywell Aviation Museum @
    www.sywellaerodrome.co.uk/museum.php
    Sywell Airshow 17.8.2014

Looks like Ebay are trying to clampdown on sellers who list items then sell it off Ebay after being contacted through the listing

These changes are effective immediately for new members and from 22 October 2017 for current members.
    Here’s a summary of the main changes:
    • We’ve added new terms to the User Agreement to clarify that users are not permitted to complete outside of eBay any sales transactions with each other arising from items listed on the eBay platform. Offers to buy and sell or communicate outside of eBay constitute policy violations and may be subject to a range of actions including limits on buying and selling privileges as well as the application of final value fees for such transactions, the application of fees for the introduction of a seller to a buyer and the recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. The same can result from sharing or requesting contact information with the intention to trade outside of eBay.
    Officially now a pensioner

Frankly, I don't blame them; especially now you can list so much without a listing fee.

I am surprised that business sellers are allowed (required?) to list their contact details: address, phone numbers and e-mail because surely this must encourage the practice of off-eBay transactions? However it isn't really in the interest of the buyer unless the price is reduced on non-payment of final-value fee?
    WA$.

All it does it make it less appealing to sellers. It's expensive to sell and in some cases it can be a headache when your trying to do multiple transactions with the same person.

No doubt Sooner or later the tax man will be getting its teeth into eBay sales.

For business sellers, why shouldn't the tax-man take his (our!) cut?

For private sellers, I'm not sure why (or how?) the tax-man would take his cut any more than he can take his cut on any other, non-eBay, transactions you would make: house, car, bike or car boot sale?

As for tightening the (existing) rules making it 'less appealing' to sellers, surely that only applies to sellers that were breaking the rules anyway? And the sellers that do break the rules remove much of the protection that eBay guarantees to buyers; honestly, as a buyer, I don't know why you'd routinely agree to buy off-eBay? Although I have done it once myself (to avoid losing the purchase of the item) but it cost me more to do so (in PayPal fees).

Right now, as a private seller, you can list one hundred items, for free, and only pay a maximum of £1 if you sell the item; sometimes I don't know what people expect from eBay but personally I don't remember there ever being a better time to sell high-value items at low financial risk. The only risk really is getting 'scammed' by the buyer!
    WA$.

No it applies to sellers who get buyers who get requests where a buyer wants multiple items or a variation to an order.
    A case in point at the moment with me where a buyer has asked to buy all I have of an item- they have gone down the route of buying and now trying to adjust the order is bloody difficult.

Not ebay but the paint in the rivet holes ; fesh aluminium and incomplete emblem make me very nervous about the authenticity of this one.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...8-a7ef01162491
    Kind Regards,

Brian

with any of these, it is best to assume it isn't what it is supposed to be then work from that basis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRCRAFT-W...%257Ciid%253A1

There has been quite a few of these on eBay recently, and i doubt any were authentic. All made hundreds of pounds though.

There was someone a couple of decades ago making these, many originate from this source and are ageing. Not something I would throw money at, if I wanted a genuine one, I would want some damn good proof first

Beware!

The 'D' type roundel wartime extremely glossy 'genuine' piece of Airspeed Oxford is back but, he has lowered his price to £220! (362114353999) However, he has just managed to offset that reduction by offloading a poor quality tailors copy, (advertised as genuine), of a Victorian Distinguished Service Order (362105364883) for over a grand!

GYD

After a ebay search for 'interflug' (Old East German airline), this appeared, not too sure what's for sale here?
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Unikat-Akt-Bi...EAAOSwKE9Zu7mJ

could be Bristols

I think it's a print/original of the photograph, and I'd guess the Ilyushin behind is the Interflug connection: Google Translate has the listing title as "Unicate Nude Picture 9x13 cm Modern Art "Ink" Model Interflug DDR Desau"
    "those who know keep quiet, and those who don't are frowned upon for asking." - snafu

I was monitoring a couple of mundane b/w images of a Spitfire SM299 and a Typhoon MN470 on display in central Brussels in 1945.

Both images had been crudely colourised with ink tints, a popular process of the period, and in my mind this devalued them.

This afternoon the Spitfire shot made a creditably £8.91 but the Typhoon shot went for an eye-watering £76.56.

Am I missing something?

Mark

"...the story had been forensically examined and was deeply impressive. I knew that the whole story was a load of myth and baloney…"

To each their own I suppose.

The 'Oxford' piece misses one very important point. The Oxford airframe is wooden skinned, and that piece of fabric comes from an airframe with a framework structure. You can see the rib stitching on it. With the inspection panels on it, its likely from the underside of a rather more recent Tiger Moth...

After all the fake nonsense how about a nice genuine item. Have a look at this canopy;-

Any thoughts on what it's from?
    Last edited by Vega ECM; 13th October 2017 at 23:31.

Master /Martinet

The part numbers appear to start '25' which make them Martinet, for some reason the small section is a cut down central fixed hood with the other either being a front or rear sliding hood.

Regards,

Tim

After all the fake nonsense how about a nice genuine item. Have a look at this canopy;-
    Any thoughts on what it's from?

Can someone paste the full link in please ? I'm not an Ebay user and tried and failed just posting the reference number in !
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW2-era-ai...UAAOSwa3ZZoxno

Different item number but presumably the parts in question.

Thanks tankbarrell , much appreciated .
    It would appear to be a bargain at that price...unless others know differently ?

Thread Information