Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sískin

Hello p&p, The gauges in the 'panel' are placed per W.G. Armstrong-Whitworth drawing number SP. 4965 'Gen Arr of Instrument Board (Main)' dated 16.12.25 and for the Siskin III. Most photos and sketches show a very different layout as used in the Siskin IIIa, but, as this is the only panel drawing that I know of and Canada did have a few Siskin III DC (dual control) aircraft, this is what I used for the display. The RCAF cockpit photo appears to be a modified IIIa panel, not III.

Yes, we've had 1 short lived snowfall to date but it looks like a longer, colder winter than usual. Send warm and sunny thoughts this way.

Regards
    John

Lots of research.

When you get the thing built, we've got the world's best Hucks Starter at Vintage Wings. Bring it there and we'll crank it.

Dave

Thanks Dave. All the more reason for us to actually get an engine.

Regards
    John

Jettison pull

Jettison pull
    Attached Images Attached Images  

VWC Hucks Starter = the “world’s best”?

The Shuttleworth Trust might question that statement, given the fact that their Hucks is the only original 1920 build example remaining and every other one around is a reproduction

P&P, that is a great looking handle. I cannot confirm that is of a type used by the Siskin as the AP only references the 4 bomb rack and 'release gear' with no specifics as exactly what this is comprised of. I/we are more than happy to relieve you of the handle assembly with the hope that we can find some more specific information for its application in the Siskin. I will send you an email.

Regards
    John

Thread Information