Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Recent Deaths Of People You May Have Heard Of...

"Nice to seizure, to seizure nice.."

Didn't he die well!

Coat on.

I think Don Williams deserves a mention, the "Gentle Giant" of country music with a large following across much of the world, had many charts successes in the mainstream pop music as well as country, had a particularly large and faithful fan base in the UK.

May 27th 1939 to September 8th 2017, good night big man.

Absolutely agree he deserves a mention. My wife and her father were big fans of his and we saw him in concert 3 times and he was brilliant. R.I.P. Donny (my wife's name for him).

Brilliant in concert, he would have an entire audience singing along, long before it became the norm at big concerts.

My other is/was a huge fan - of his voice.
    She said when she saw him in concert in Nottingham 30+ years ago he had absolutely no stage presence and seemed to have had a total charisma bypass.
    Perhaps he didn't like Nottingham...

Hi All,
    Yet another musical great has departed Rip Tom Petty.

Geoff.

And a true Aviation Great; John Young. Gemini, Apollo (twice - once as a moon walker), and Space Shuttle.

Hi All,
    Edward Clarke aka (Fast Eddie) the last founding member of the classic Motorhead line up has passed away after a bout pneumonia on the 10th January. He co wrote the following track and it was on their second album but the first album of Motorheads I bought on cassette 1st listen and never looked back......

RIP Eddie thanks for being part of my music.

Geoff.

Hi All,

Cyrille Regis MBE one of the UK's finest footballers and gentleman off the pitch and had a tough stance against racism in football passed away 15/01.
    He played for a number of teams through his career giving his all to the club and country when capped. Myself I remember him his WBA (Legend) and
    Coventry days one of their stronger players especially in the FA Cup.

RIP Mr Regis and thank you...

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 17th January 2018 at 19:12.

Hi All,
    Very,very sad news at the passing of the great professor Stephen Hawking. He was and will the inspiration for many wanting to explore in the scientific
    world,he has overcome the odds of his ALS and I for one wish I had the tiniest fraction of his courage in life that he had to shine through adversity.

The brightest star among many has shone it's last.RIP Mr Hawking.

A fitting tribute I think.

Links to articles and tributes concerning his passing:-https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=2....0.wMugbAW9POA

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 17th March 2018 at 19:49.

In away it's a shame the great man he didn't die a month earlier, he could have gone into space in a Tesla.

Hi All,
    Another sad passing the same day 14/03 as Stephen Hawking is Jim Bowen. I remember him from his very funny stand up days on the Comedians and
    The Wheel Tappers And Shunters Club appearances, of coarse not to forget his Bull's-eye game show which if honest he is more famous for but an
    all-round good guy who will I am sure be missed by many.

Many thanks for your entertainment and fond memories RIP Jim.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 1st April 2018 at 10:54.

How tickled I was.

Hi All,
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the passing of the comic with a velvet voice Ken Dodd. I remember him from various times in my life from watching him in B&W on telly with the family and in Colour with the Diddymen series from my school days.

As I grew up I enjoyed him still whenever I saw him on Tv what I regret above all else is never seeing his live show despite him carrying on performing well into his late 70's & Early 80's. By some accounts when the curtain fell and he did an encore he got rather blue and would carry on for hours if allowed such was his enthusiasm for pleasing his paying public.

The passing of this all-round entertainer is another passing of childhood and adult memories combined again thank you Doddy for your entertainment you where and always shall be tatyfelareous RIP.

Geoff.

Bye Bye Selwyn.

Hi Again,
    Here is another passing Bill Maynard aka Selwyn Frogitt/The Gaffer/Greengrass and many other comic cameo characters in Tv Series and film as many will remember him as another all-rounder that will sadly be missed by his family and all who knew him personally as to his his fans alike.

Thanks for your entertainment and making me laugh through the years. RIP Mr Maynard.

Geoff.

Thread Information