Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCWM's Jaguar GR.1 Roll-Out

BCWM's Jaguar GR.1 Roll-Out

The Bentwaters Cold War Museum's Jaguar GR.1 XX741 was rolled-out today after restoration and will be put on display outside the museum by next weekend (the museum is open on the Bank Holiday Sunday & Monday)
    It looks immaculate, a credit to the restoration team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00319.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	219923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00321.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	219924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00305 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	219925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00312 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	219926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00342 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	774 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	219927  

Bentwaters Cold War Museum

WOW! That looks amazing!

That looks fantastic guys, well done!
    Cheers,Peter
    "Merlins always drip oil, when they don't....worry!"

Seems a shame to leave it outdoors.

It does look amazing! However, is there a shortage of Jetpipes/reheat units as it just doesn't look right at the back. It seems daft to go to all that trouble yet not bother with a major component.

Jetpipes/reheat modules are integral with the engine so the only way to mount them would be to install the complete engine unit

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJohn View Post
    Indeed, especially after all of the work which has been done on it.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Quote Originally Posted by 12jaguar View Post
    Jetpipes/reheat modules are integral with the engine so the only way to mount them would be to install the complete engine unit
    Ah I see! Forgive my ignorance. What a shame. Lets hope they can fit some expired units at some point!

Great job anyhow!

You could get round that no problem, simply make up a frame, cannot ever remember putting a pin in the chute with a flag on it, on the hook yes, but not the chute... Looking good.

Who said anything about it being left outdoors?
    Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJohn View Post
    Graham Haynes
    www.bentwaters-as.org.uk
    www.bcwm.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cushion View Post
    However, is there a shortage of Jetpipes/reheat units as it just doesn't look right at the back. It seems daft to go to all that trouble yet not bother with a major component.
    Daft ?????? , its not a case of not bothering with the engines, if any are sourced they can be fitted at a later date. I will tell the lads who were working on the Jag over winter freezing their butts off in a un-heated hanger they should'nt have bothered as its daft !!.

brewerybod, that looks superb and many thanks to all who froze their nether regions of to produce that, you should all be very proud of yourselves!
    I have kleptomania,But when it gets bad
    I take something for it.

It certainly looks as all the effort has been worthwhile, how complete is the cockpit ?

I seem to remember that the other Jaguars on the airfield are also without their engines.
    I wonder why they were removed , are they in storage at Bentwaters or were they sold off separately ??

Do the Phantom and Jaguar both have roofs over their heads ?
    Last edited by ~Alan~; 18th August 2013 at 21:52.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Cockpit is 90% complete and she is electrically live.
    Yes, both are under cover at present but the Jaguar will be towed outside when the museum is open.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by ~Alan~ View Post
    It certainly looks as all the effort has been worthwhile, how complete is the cockpit ?

Do the Phantom and Jaguar both have roofs over their heads ?
    Graham Haynes
    www.bentwaters-as.org.uk
    www.bcwm.org.uk

I seem to remember that the other Jaguars on the airfield are also without their engines.
    I wonder why they were removed , are they in storage at Bentwaters or were they sold off separately ??
    A lot were sold off separately. There is value in them due to all the Hawk operators around the world.
    "The Auster should be recognised for what it is: a gentleman's aerial touring carriage and a nice aeroplane"

Quote Originally Posted by brewerybod View Post
    The Bentwaters Cold War Museum's Jaguar GR.1 XX741 was rolled-out today after restoration and will be put on display outside the museum by next weekend (the museum is open on the Bank Holiday Sunday & Monday)
    It looks immaculate, a credit to the restoration team.
    My Dad used to be a civilian worker there until the base closed and made things in the control tower he worked for a company called PSA ? he still has his security passes may bring him along on Monday. what time are you opening ?
    Chris

"There are two kinds of women: those who want power in the world, and those who want power in bed." Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

Is this one still for sale, if so, how much ?

http://www.everettaero.com/JaguarT2.html

Do they keep all their aircraft at Bentwaters ?

http://www.everettaero.com/

You will need to contact Everett Aero direct with regard to prices.

Graham

Is this one still for sale, if so, how much ?

http://www.everettaero.com/JaguarT2.html

Do they keep all their aircraft at Bentwaters ?

http://www.everettaero.com/
    Graham Haynes
    www.bentwaters-as.org.uk
    www.bcwm.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by alohha1234 View Post
    My Dad used to be a civilian worker there until the base closed and made things in the control tower he worked for a company called PSA ? he still has his security passes may bring him along on Monday. what time are you opening ?
    Chris, We have a small display about the PSA (Property Services Agency) inside the museum. On Monday we open at 10am and close at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    You could get round that no problem, simply make up a frame, cannot ever remember putting a pin in the chute with a flag on it, on the hook yes, but not the chute... Looking good.
    Jags had TWO different types of brake chute housings. One was the "pointy" cone shaped one (as pictured), which came out along with the chute. The other was a hinged (downwards), much "stubbier" and "flatter" cover which DID have a pin (in the port side) to prevent the spring loaded chute door from opening inadvertently.
    HQ2 out

Quote Originally Posted by HaveQuick2 View Post
    Jags had TWO different types of brake chute housings. One was the "pointy" cone shaped one (as pictured), which came out along with the chute. The other was a hinged (downwards), much "stubbier" and "flatter" cover which DID have a pin (in the port side) to prevent the spring loaded chute door from opening inadvertently.
    Yup I know, thats why I couldn't understand the pin being in.. the only pin the early one had held the can in, well most of the time, had seen the complete can deploy and drop onto the runway before, indeed the trailing edge of the port stabilator has a hole in it for stowing the pin while you pop the can in.

You know what's it missing though, an Aircraft Armed plate on the steps.... She does look good though, even for a ****ty six machine

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    She does look good though, even for a ****ty six machine
    Agree with that (41F)
    HQ2 out

Quote Originally Posted by brewerybod View Post
    Daft ?????? , its not a case of not bothering with the engines, if any are sourced they can be fitted at a later date. I will tell the lads who were working on the Jag over winter freezing their butts off in a un-heated hanger they should'nt have bothered as its daft !!.
    If you had cared to read my other post, once it had been explained to me that the jet engine, jetpipe and reheat are integral and possibly hard to get hold of, I repeated what a good job it all is. I wasn't aware that the reheat section couldn't be fitted without everything else but now I am.

Thank you.

I think it looks d-a-m-n spiffing - the Jaguar was always one of my favourite fast jets - had the air of a sports car when compared to other jets of the era...
    Under my gruff exterior lies an even gruffer interior...

行雲流水

Warbirdskies Blog

Hi All,
    brewerybod pass on my congratulations to all the team involved in an excellent restoration, all you need now is ' Michael Rondot ' to give you a promotional painting and issue prints, signed by the Aircrafts crew who flew her through her service life if that's possible it's good way to make cash for the engines.

Geoff.

I think it looks d-a-m-n spiffing - the Jaguar was always one of my favourite fast jets - had the air of a sports car when compared to other jets of the era...
    That'll be the MG Metro then, a car dressed up as a sports car but not that fast

Agree with that (41F)
    We all have our crosses to bear..
    ( 20 Sqn and 14 Sqn Jags.)
    Last edited by TonyT; 19th August 2013 at 22:56.

The BCWM guys have done wonders in restoring this frame to its external, cockpit and electrical condition. They have been logical in their planning of the project, working to their strenghs. The next stage is hopefully to get some of the hydraulic systems operational via the electro hydraulic pump, a task made easier that the generation system for the number two hydraulics is largely intact. Graham has got myself and another ex Jaguar rigger involved, so hopefully some progress can be made to getting tail controls and airbrakes moving with the EHP. Unfortunately the wing sold to BCWM was not from XX741 and had been robbed completely, sometime before that is likely to Spoilers/Flaps/Slats moving. As for engines, if you could get 106s, they will not fit.. Its 102/104s only.

You sure the 106 won't fit?

To all those involved in this project well done. Its great to see the aircraft in camo rather that the all over grey scheme of more recent years. I look forward to coming to see it.

Having lived within a few short miles of RAF Coltishall all my life the Jaguar is very close to my heart, and its good to see one so beautifully restored. Well done to all involved.

Thread Information