Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1408

Thread: The Last Film You Watched..... IV

Hi All,
    This Is Spinal Tap via (Sky Cinema -Returning Favourite) Just an enjoyable mocumentary romp through the lives of a fictional bands life on the road
    during their return tour that definitely has funny moments i.e.The Smalls airport metal detector scene,Jeanine David's girlfriend dubly(Dolby) and
    trying to influence a new look for the band with costumes and face paint scenes,Not finding the stage,The 18" Stonehenge model stage prop lowering,
    The empty album signing promotion and the D'minor trilogy-Lick My Love Pump.....

Starring:-Michael McKean,Christopher Guest,Harry Shearer,Rob Reiner,Tony Hendra,R.J. Parnell,David Kaff,June Chadwick,Bruno Kirby,Ed Begley-Jr,
    Danny Kortchmar,Fran Drescher,Patrick Macnee,Julie Payne,Dana Carvey,Sandy Helberg,Zane Buzby,Billy Crystal,Paul Benedict,Howard Hesseman,
    Paul Shortino,Lara Cody,Andrew J. Lederer,Russ Kunkel,Victory Tischler-Blue,Joyce Hyser,Gloria Gifford,Paul Shaffer,Archie Hahn,Charles Levin,
    Anjelica Huston,Donald Kendrick Fred Willard,Wonderful Smith and Robert Bauer.

"This Is Spinal Tap" shines a light on the self-contained universe of a metal band struggling to get back on the charts, including everything from its
    complicated history of ups and downs, gold albums, name changes and undersold concert dates, along with the full host of requisite groupies, promoters,
    hangers-on and historians, sessions, release events and those special behind-the-scenes moments that keep it all real.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 11th January 2018 at 19:14.

The wart on the ass-end of humanity (Penicuik)
    Team America: World Police

I still find this piece of puppet-based mayhem absolutely hilarious!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Hi All,
    The Intelligence Men (Via Talking Pictures channel on Sky) Great slapstick comedy from the masters, unlike some acts their routines actually just as
    funny in film as on Tv IMPO, if you like Morecambe and Wise you will love this film.....

Starring:-Eric Morecambe,Ernie Wise,William Franklyn,April Olrich,Gloria Paul,Richard Vernon,David Lodge,Jacqueline Jones,Terence Alexander,
    Francis Matthews,Warren Mitchell,Peter Bull,Tutte Lemkow,Brian Oulton and Michael Peake.

A chance meeting with a Schlecht agent forces a humble coffee shop manager into the secret world of spies in Swinging London. With the help of his
    MI5 friend, he poses as the recently dead Major Cavendish who had managed to infiltrate the dreaded organization.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 17th January 2018 at 19:14.

Hi All,
    Triple Cross (Via BBCi player) Another classic WWII espionage drama (featuring Gert Frobes military band impression yet again ) that is watchable especially if your into the genre....

Starring:-Christopher Plummer,Romy Schneider,Trevor Howard,Gert Fröbe,Claudine Auger,Yul Brynner,Harry Meyen,Georges Lycan (fr),Jess Hahn,
    Gil Barber,Jean-Claude Bercq (fr),Jean Claudio,Robert Favart,Bernard Fresson and Clément Harari.

Safecracker Eddie Chapman (Christopher Plummer) is languishing in prison on the island of Jersey when the Nazis arrive. An adept manipulator of situations, Chapman convinces the Germans to use him to spy on the British. And when the would-be traitor arrives home, he convinces the English to use him as a double agent -- in exchange for a full pardon. So begins the hair-raising true story of a professional thief turned self-sacrificing World War II patriot.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 12th January 2018 at 19:38.

I watched Journey to the mysterious island, I like the movie.

free google play credit, sites like couchtuner, Spotify premium apk, Personalised gifts Australia
    Last edited by oliviadavid; 8th April 2018 at 18:41.

I watched Flowers of War

An American finds refuge during the 1937 Japanese invasion of Nanking in a church with a group of women.
    Posing as a priest, he attempts to lead the women to safety.

Good film !
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

We watched "Goodbye Christopher Robin" on HdOnline at the weekend. About A A Milne writing Winnie the Pooh.
    I thought it was going to be a kids film, but it was really quite good.
    Engine Failure:.... A condition which occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with air.

Hi All,
    Millenium 1989 (Via Talking Pictures channel on Sky) This Sci-Fi film admittedly rather dated now but at the I first watched I thought it was a decent
    film,today it seems to be just a run of the mill B-Movie but enjoyable just the same just at the start of the CGI revolution that followed on from Star Wars...

Starring:-Kris Kristofferson,Jamie Shannon,Cheryl Ladd,Daniel J. Travanti,Robert Joy,Lloyd Bochner,Brent Carver,David McIlwraith,Maury Chaykin,
    Al Waxman,Lawrence Dane and Thomas Hauff.

Two jetliners collide, and Bill Smith (Kris Kristofferson) is put in charge of investigating the accident. But something isn't adding up about the crash -- from
    the strange comments on the flight recorder to the unidentifiable object found in the wreckage. What Smith doesn't know is that time travellers have
    taken the ill-fated passengers to repopulate the future. To ensure their mission's success, they send a gorgeous operative, Louise (Cheryl Ladd), to the
    past to hamper Smith's work.

Geoff.

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.
    Outside of the ignorant biased view by left wing Hollywood of anyone who live between New York and L.A. still a very, very good movie.

Hi All,
    Panic In The Streets 1950 (Via Talking Pictures Channel on Sky) Classic B&W 50's drama which I dare say a host of modern films have copied the
    theme in recent years if you like the genre you'll like this....

Starring:-Richard Widmark,Paul Douglas,Barbara Bel Geddes,Jack Palance,Zero Mostel,Alexis Minotis,Dan Riss,Tommy Cook and Pat Walshe.

After Dr. Clint Reed (Richard Widmark) is called in to supervise an autopsy of a unknown man, he discovers that the John Doe died of pneumonic plague.
    Revealing his discovery to the mayor and city officials, Reed is informed that he has 48 hours before the public will be told about a potential outbreak.
    Joined by Captain Tom Warren (Paul Douglas) and his wife, Nancy (Barbara Bel Geddes), Reed must race against time to find out where the unknown man
    came from.

Geoff.

Hi All,
    John Wick 2 (Via Sky Cinema) I enjoyed the film but did not think it was as good as the first, having said that it is still good viewing none the less
    being full of fast action throughout the film. ( One funny moment was when Wick and his targets bodyguard are firing at each other while walking in the train station ) Must sat though I am still not a fan of CGI and blood would like to see makers go back to practical effects as it's more realistic IMPO..

Starring:-Keanu Reeves,Riccardo Scamarcio,Common as Cassion,Laurence Fishburne,Ruby Rose,John Leguizamo,Ian McShane,Bridget Moynahan,Lance Reddick, Thomas Sadoski,David Patrick Kelly,Peter Stormare,Franco Nero,Peter Serafinowicz,Claudia Gerini andTobias Segal.

Retired super-assassin John Wick's plans to resume a quiet civilian life are cut short when Italian gangster Santino D'Antonio shows up on his doorstep with a gold marker, compelling him to repay past favors. Ordered by Winston, kingpin of secret assassin society The Continental, to respect the organization's ancient code, Wick reluctantly accepts the assignment to travel to Rome to take out D'Antonio's sister, the ruthless capo atop the Italian Camorra crime syndicate.

Geoff.

Bone Tomahawk
    A cowboy and Indians western that is oddly different.
    Stars Kurt Russell.
    It was definitely not what I expected.

Invested £21 for two tickets to see Darkest Hour. Gary Oldfield as Churchill and Kristin Scott Thomas gave excellent performances but, I left my seat feeling slightly underwhelmed - yet again.

Perhaps it is all the pre release hype and hysteria inducing an expectation never to be realised ? The film correctly highlighted the Churchill/Halifax contention and its resolution. There was a lot of social padding including a ludicrous scene on the London underground railway featuring Churchill the autocratic aristocrat hobnobbing with the peasantry !

That would never have occurred. Do contemporary film producers set out to include as much make believe social content as they consider necessary to establish their 'right-on' credentials ? It seems to me they do just that.

Their was more than enough content in this story of 1940s political manouvering to sustain the duration of the film, without resort to faking certain scenes just to satisfy the fluffy feminist lobby and cosy modern preconceptions.

Hi All,
    Sea Fury 1958 (Via Talking Pictures Channel on Sky) Classic 50's B&W Drama that is surprisingly good to watch even after all these years IMPO the film
    has some stars of stage and screen in early roles..

Starring:-Stanley Baker,Victor McLaglen,Luciana Paluzzi,Grégoire Aslan,Francis de Wolff,David Oxley,George Murcell,Percy Herbert,Rupert Davies,
    Robert Shaw,Roger Delgado,Barry Foster,Joe Robinson,Dermot Walsh,Richard Pearson,Fred Johnson and Jack Taylor.

Off the Spanish coast, two tug-boat captains are caught in a violent feud over a woman but their rivalry is set aside when a sinking freighter carrying
    explosives must be salvaged and towed to port.

Geoff.

I've been on a bit of a Stephen King binge this week, for some reason!

Started with Cat's Eye, then an old favourite with Sleepwalkers, before moving on to some of King's classic works - Christine, Silver Bullet, Cujo and Misery.

I think I still have a few to do!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wrong Forum!

Hi All,
    The Luck Of The Navy 1938 (Via Talking Pictures Channel on Sky)Typical pre war flag waving, this B&W Thriller/Comedy(In parts) is not for everybody
    but if your into the genre it's 50/50 as to whether you'll like it... The film has some good shots of various biplane aircraft Swordfish/Fury + ? and an
    autogiro although no registration other than the prefix G-..

Starring:-Geoffrey Toone,Judy Kelly,Clifford Evans,John Wood,Albert Burdon,Alf Goddard,Henry Oscar,Kenneth Kent,Marguerite Allan,Edmund Breon,
    Doris Hare,Daphne Raglan,Olga Lindo,Diana Beaumont,Leslie Perrins,Frank Fox and Fred Emney.

With international relations strained and war a possibility, Commander Stanton is given a special mission.

Geoff.

Privates Progress, Ian Carmichael, Terry Thomas, Boulting Bothers.

I'm all right Jack.

School for scoundrels.

Last edited by MrBlueSky; 28th January 2018 at 01:10.

Wrong Forum!

Batman

Tim Burton's original. Still great after almost 30 years!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Hi All,
    Big Jake 1971 via (Sky Cinema Modern Greats) John Wayne at his cowboy best (In one of his last film roles) at his cowboy best up against Richard Boone
    in his usual bad guy role. if your a fan of westerns and JW in particular you will not be disappointed in this film that has some funny moments just a good watch IMPO....

Starring:-John Wayne,Richard Boone,Maureen O'Hara,Patrick Wayne,Christopher Mitchum,Bruce Cabot,Bobby Vinton,Glenn Corbett,John Doucette,
    Jim Davis,John Agar,Harry Carey Jr,Gregg Palmer,Jim Burk,Dean Smith,Robert Warner,Jeff Wingfield,Everett Creach,Roy Jenson,Virginia Capers,
    Hank Worden,Ethan Wayne,William Walker,George Fenneman,Tom Hennesy,Chuck Roberson and Bernard Fox.

The avenging head of the McCandle clan returns to his estranged family and leads the search for his kidnapped grandson. Big Jake sets off, his sons
    in tow, to deliver the ransom to the kidnappers, but has little intention of handing it over without a fight.

Geoff.

Jaws The Revenge

Regardless of it being quite possibly the worst of the franchise, I still watch it when it's on TV!
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Hi All,
    The Dairy Of Anne Frank 1959 Although basically a film about a young girl in her teenage years documenting and seeing through her eyes the best and
    the worst we as humans have been capable of. You are allowed a glimpse of what it must have been like to be hiding in terror 24/7 where the smallest of noises could lead to capture and ultimately death. The film makes you truly thankful for the life you live and any complaints pale into significance compared to what this girl on the verge of womanhood and the Jewish people from children to the elderly experienced during the war...

Sarring:-Millie Perkins,Joseph Schildkraut,Shelley Winters,Richard Beymer,Gusti Huber,Lou Jacobi,Diane Baker,Douglas Spencer,Dodie Heath and
    Ed Wynn.

In Nazi-occupied Holland in World War II, shopkeeper Kraler hides two Jewish families in his attic. Young Anne Frank (Millie Perkins) keeps a diary of
    everyday life for the Franks and the Van Daans, chronicling the Nazi threat as well as family dynamics. A romance with Peter Van Daan causes jealousy between Anne and her sister, Margot. Otto Frank (Joseph Schildkraut) returns to the attic many years after the eventual capture of both families and finds his late daughter's diary.

An short insight to the above. Documentary DVD:-contact Mrs. Kroon at Pieter van Huystee Producties in The Netherlands: curien@pvhfilm.nl

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 29th January 2018 at 14:20.

Hi All,
    Birdman 2015 (Via BBC2) An excellent drama well acted by the cast with an easy to follow storyline that passes surprisingly quickly...

Starring:-Michael Keaton,Edward Norton,Zach Galifianakis,Andrea Riseborough,Amy Ryan,Emma Stone,Naomi Watts,Lindsay Duncan,Merritt Wever,
    Jeremy Shamos,Katherine O'Sullivan,Damian Young,Bill Camp,Frank L. Ridley and Benjamin Kanes.

Former cinema superhero Riggan Thomson (Michael Keaton) is mounting an ambitious Broadway production that he hopes will breathe new life into his
    stagnant career. It's risky, but he hopes that his creative gamble will prove that he's a real artist and not just a washed-up movie star. As opening night
    approaches, a castmate is injured, forcing Riggan to hire an actor (Edward Norton) who is guaranteed to shake things up. Meanwhile, Riggan must deal
    with his girlfriend, daughter and ex-wife.

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 30th January 2018 at 16:44.

Hi All,
    What doesn't Kill You 2008 (Via BBC1) Based on real life events involving the films director and his time mixed with the Irish Mob this nice little film
    is worth a view if you like Crime/Drama that crosses easily from one to another....

Starring:-Mark Ruffalo,Ethan Hawke,Amanda Peet,Will Lyman,Brian Goodman,Donnie Wahlberg,Angela Featherstone,Brian Connolly,Lindsey McKeon,
    Eddie J Fernandez,Michael Yebba,Michael Elian,Brett G Smith,Max Martini and Candice Accola.

Friends since childhood, Brian (Mark Ruffalo) and Paulie (Ethan Hawke) do whatever it takes to survive in their hardscrabble South Boston neighborhood.
    Crime has always been part of their lives, and now they find themselves on the payroll of a hoodlum named Pat Kelly (Brian Goodman). While Brian sinks
    deeper into the criminal cesspool, Paulie plans one last heist, one that he hopes can pull them both out of their dead-end lives.

Geoff.

The Howling

One of my favourites from my childhood. Still great. Dee Wallace is charming as always, and the werewolf effects are still pretty decent.

The Naked Gun trilogy.

Leslie Nielsen at his comic best in the classic film series.

Open Water

Fact-based drama in which two American tourists are left behind by a dive boat. Enduring jellyfish, storms, sharks, and each other, will they survive their ordeal?

I haven't seen it in a long time. Better than I remember it being.
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Hi All,
    The Traitor released in the US as The Accursed 1957 via (Talking Pictures channel on Sky), Classic 50's who done it ? film if your into the genre you'll like it.....

Starring:-Donald Wolfit,Robert Bray,Jane Griffiths,Carl Jaffe,Anton Diffring,Christopher Lee,Oscar Quitak,Karel Štěpánek,Frederick Schiller,Rupert Davies,
    John Van Eyssen and Colin Croft.

A former resistance fighter tries to discover the traitor who has betrayed his colleagues in the German resistance during the Second World War.

Geoff.

Deep Blue Sea

Genetically-enhanced super mako sharks go on the rampage in the research lab that created them, with predictable but fun results. Those animatronic sharks are still awesome, though!

Bad Taste

Peter Jackson's oft-forgotten first feature film, a good, old-fashioned alien invasion splatterfest, with PLENTY of blood, guts and dismemberment. And it's bloody hilarious, too.

"I'm a Derek. Dereks don't run."
    "Well, get up a tree or something!"
    Daren Cogdon

Spitfire fanatic

Hi All,
    Jet Attack 1958 B&W (Via C5's Spike+) A somewhat dated film by todays standards and very gung-ho the best part of the film are the classic jet
    aircraft clips IMPO, still each to their own....

Starring:-John Agar,Audrey Totter,Gregory Walcott,James Dobson,Leonard Strong,Nicky Blair,Sen Yung,Joseph Hamilton,Guy Prescott,George Cisar,
    Stella Lynn and Robert Carricart.

A U.S. Air Force jet scientist is shot down over North Korea during the Korean War. He might be dead, but a three-man rescue party, led by Capt.
    Tom Arnett (John Agar), is sent into enemy territory to bring him back. Once in hostile surroundings, Arnett and his men hook up with a Communist
    nurse, Tanya (Audrey Totter), who helps them. Disguised as doctors, Arnett and his men find the scientist. Then the hard part begins: getting back to
    base safely.

Geoff.

Wrong Forum!

Hi All,
    Orders To Kill 1958 (Via Talking Pictures Channel on Sky) A good classic B&W war drama that gives a little insight of what may have actually happened
    to undercover agents who had a conscious when operating behind enemy lines during WWII...

Starring:-Eddie Albert,Paul Massie,Lillian Gish,James Robertson Justice,Leslie French,Irene Worth,John Crawford,Lionel Jeffries,Nicholas Phipps,
    Sandra Dorne,Jacques B. Brunius,Robert Henderson,Miki Iveria,Lillie Bea Gifford,Anne Blake,Sam Kydd,Ann Walford and Denyse Alexander.

Gene Summers (Paul Massie) is an American Air Force pilot recruited to take part in a secret government mission. He is tasked with killing Marcel Lafitte
    (Leslie French), a lawyer working with the French Resistance, and a suspected double agent. After Summers parachutes into France, he meets his Resistance contact, Leonie (Irene Worth), and she provides him with information about Lafitte. But, after learning more about his target, Summers has
    second thoughts about his mission.

Trailer here:-https://www.cinemaparadiso.co.uk/ren...ill-13889.html

Geoff.
    Last edited by 1batfastard; 11th February 2018 at 09:10.

Thread Information