Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 691 to 704 of 704

Thread: Quadbike Indian Air Force Thread Part 18

  1. #691
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackArcher View Post
    as opposed to the ultra modern 5th gen jet fighters that Indonesia is developing, while purchasing the oh-so breathtakingly 2000s looking T-50 Golden Eagles right ?
    we dont develop T50, there is a lightweight fighter development project, mostly Korean with Indonesian as minor partner with 20% or so share which dont have any relationships with T50, and this dont even have any official drawing yet you cant said what it looks like..
    Last edited by rsetiawan; 11th May 2012 at 04:22.

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    356
    The Tejas has been dragging on for too long, how useful would it be when it goes into FOC. By the time a few squadrons could be raised it would have been 2016-17. Get more Rafales and Su 30 MKI Super 30. The focus should be shifted to the next project. It already succeeded as a demonstrator.

    Where are the Wind tunnels, Super compute environments, Modelling SW, CAD/CAM design teams, Materials tech ..etc?? I don't suppose they have been sleeping all this while during the Tejas development.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by rsetiawan View Post
    we dont develop T50, there is a lightweight fighter development project, mostly Korean with Indonesian as minor partner with 20% or so share which dont have any relationships with T50, and this dont even have any official drawing yet you cant said what it looks like..
    I know perfectly well how capable the Indonesian aerospace industry is. So before commenting on how the LCA looks 80ish, look at what your own Air Force is inducting as of now..its hardly 5th generation ish looking.

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,703
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackArcher View Post
    I know perfectly well how capable the Indonesian aerospace industry is. So before commenting on how the LCA looks 80ish, look at what your own Air Force is inducting as of now..its hardly 5th generation ish looking.
    So, because he is Indonesian, he can't comment about the look of an Indian aircraft?


    Interesting.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterStars View Post
    The Tejas has been dragging on for too long, how useful would it be when it goes into FOC. By the time a few squadrons could be raised it would have been 2016-17. Get more Rafales and Su 30 MKI Super 30. The focus should be shifted to the next project. It already succeeded as a demonstrator.

    Where are the Wind tunnels, Super compute environments, Modelling SW, CAD/CAM design teams, Materials tech ..etc?? I don't suppose they have been sleeping all this while during the Tejas development.
    India is a third world country. We cannot afford to have an air force made up of only MKI's and Rafales. We need a lot of cheap aircrafts to do specific air defense roles. The LCA fits more than enough in that role.

    The facilities made for the Tejas development are been used for the AMCA

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    So, because he is Indonesian, he can't comment about the look of an Indian aircraft?


    Interesting.
    touche

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    So, because he is Indonesian, he can't comment about the look of an Indian aircraft?


    Interesting.
    there was nothing much offending in what he said w.r.t Tejas. What matter more than the outer appearance is the systems that go inside and Tejas stuffs in a lot in that matter. The downside is it wont ever replace MiG-21 one-to-one and will not even reach that force level that MiG-21s once had in IAF.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    India is a third world country. We cannot afford to have an air force made up of only MKI's and Rafales. We need a lot of cheap aircrafts to do specific air defense roles. The LCA fits more than enough in that role.

    The facilities made for the Tejas development are been used for the AMCA
    What we needed was a simple, effective fighter that could be produced in good numbers. But what we have now is a highly complicated fighter with all the latest stuff which fail to leave its "advanced development" stage and continues to "develop" for the foreseeable future.

    And I truly admire the guts of those involved who is already dreaming about the AMCA without even completing the LCA project.

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    India is a third world country. We cannot afford to have an air force made up of only MKI's and Rafales. We need a lot of cheap aircrafts to do specific air defense roles. The LCA fits more than enough in that role.

    The facilities made for the Tejas development are been used for the AMCA
    me thinks they should've just made their own original MiG-21 derivative. Just slap on a turbofan.. either F404 or RD-93 which ever flavor they want. an Israeli radar like this or an AESA one


    and boom, you get a new airframe that's cheap yet a proven lineage and up to date avionics for a point defense role. Its what the Chinese have been doing and they did it well, although their derivatives focused more on agility than avionics with that small nose non-BIS design and angled wings. India could go the other way or attempt both!

    Russia never really made a true successor to the MiG-21. a shame really.

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    me thinks they should've just made their own original MiG-21 derivative. Just slap on a turbofan.. either F404 or RD-93 which ever flavor they want. an Israeli radar like this or an AESA one
    http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4056/4377579830_687e6de50a_z.jpg[/img]

    and boom, you get a new airframe that's cheap yet a proven lineage and up to date avionics for a point defense role. Its what the Chinese have been doing and they did it well, although their derivatives focused more on agility than avionics with that small nose non-BIS design and angled wings. India could go the other way or attempt both!

    Russia never really made a true successor to the MiG-21. a shame really.
    a la JF 17. On the other hand just get the JF 17. Economy of scale, made in china.

    Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    me thinks they should've just made their own original MiG-21 derivative. Just slap on a turbofan.. either F404 or RD-93 which ever flavor they want. an Israeli radar like this or an AESA one
    Don't forget DSI
    Last edited by WinterStars; 12th May 2012 at 19:10.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    So, because he is Indonesian, he can't comment about the look of an Indian aircraft?


    Interesting.
    A trollish single line remark like "its soo 80ish looking" is a dismissive remark and it denigrates the aircraft in question without looking at its capabilities and I can take exception to it especially when his country cannot even develop something to that level. something about people living in glass houses..

    And its interesting that when I look around, I cannot find him criticizing the Indonesian AF for purchasing the T-50 Golden Eagle by saying that its such an 80ish looking aircraft (and they cannot even build that aircraft on their own)..but when it comes to others, the superficial criticism comes very easily.

    Its not very different from the kind of remarks another troll used to make regarding the looks of aircraft and their implied consequent capabilities. the type where one says "oh it looks like this and hence.."..and you yourself didn't find those remarks very funny.
    post and second post
    Last edited by BlackArcher; 12th May 2012 at 20:31.

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,703
    Look at that JF-17s and rsetiwan's post history....one is a blatant troll bot, the other a normal poster. No need to get so defensive over the comment, hell a Su-35 is so 80s looking, doesn't mean it isn't sexy as hell.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cemetery Junction
    Posts
    13,544
    Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    me thinks they should've just made their own original MiG-21 derivative. Just slap on a turbofan.. either F404 or RD-93 which ever flavor they want. an Israeli radar like this or an AESA one
    The Italian Grifo radar has been fitted to the F-7, & marketed for the MiG-21. Decent little radar.

    Or the Vixen 500E might fit.
    Juris praecepta sunt haec: honeste vivere, alterum non laedere, suum cuique tribuere.
    Justinian

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,476
    Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    The Italian Grifo radar has been fitted to the F-7, & marketed for the MiG-21. Decent little radar.

    Or the Vixen 500E might fit.
    hmm yes but which MiG variant can hold the bigger radar dish?

    This


    or this?

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    pi::
    Posts
    1,271
    It's that time again folks!
    pb::

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

- Part of the    Network -

KEY AERO AVIATION NEWS

MAGAZINES

AVIATION FORUM

SHOP

 

WEBSITES