Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Quadbike Indian Air Force Thread Part 18

Quote Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
    Integrating Western weapons & systems on Russian aircraft - IAF experience [Aero India 2011]

^^ A must watch video on avionics, weapons and network integration among different types of aircraft.
    Informative.
    Integration without oem support is more difficult , which many a times doesnt exist.
    PEOPLE.FIRST.MISSION.ALWAYS.
    Have a good one..

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    Hmmm. What kind of range would that have, there is already supersonic Kh-31 with very long range in the modern variants.
    Considering the capacity of centerline pylon of Mig-29K and Rafale, I think they are looking at something significantly bigger, maybe something as heavy as a 2000 liter tank ?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrubik View Post
    Informative.
    Integration without oem support is more difficult , which many a times doesnt exist.

I doubt even OEMs are aware of such issues, because they would generally tend to adhere to their in house standards. Its only when you start to mix and match that "surprises" start popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
    Good video but awful presentation.

Learn from the West as to how to present things
    Oh please, do make a public presentation on nuances of archaeology so that I can call it drab and tasteless if I manage to stay awake :diablo:

I would assume the new Brahmos varient is more to do with the PAKFA and AMCA.

allowing it to be carried.

How many varients do Brahmos have in the works? They still have not delivered the airborne or sub borne varient of Brahmos, not to mention the Talk of Brahmos 2 and now they have Brahmos 3, biting more than can be chewed?
    Wrinkles wrinkles my kingdom fallen to a wrinkle

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I would assume the new Brahmos varient is more to do with the PAKFA and AMCA.

allowing it to be carried.

How many varients do Brahmos have in the works? They still have not delivered the airborne or sub borne varient of Brahmos, not to mention the Talk of Brahmos 2 and now they have Brahmos 3, biting more than can be chewed?
    Brahmos sub is ready from a long time. IN doesn't have a spare sub to test it from. Bhramos air will be test fired from a SU-MKI in December this year. I guess already 2 Su-30 MKI is stationed at Russia for making necessary modifications to the air frame.

Bhramos 3 would be a interesting development.

Oh please, do make a public presentation on nuances of archaeology so that I can call it drab and tasteless if I manage to stay awake
    haha go to any Archaeology/History seminar and chances are that speakers will be much adept at putting their point across.

I don't blame the officers who made the presentation, its not their job they should hire dedicated PR people to do it.
    Love Planes, Live Planes

Quote Originally Posted by quadbike View Post

I don't blame the officers who made the presentation, its not their job they should hire dedicated PR people to do it.
    Doesnt seem like you have made any presentation at any decent conference.You dont have any idea at all!
    This is not a product they are trying to sell that PR people will do it!!
    This is an academic presentation done by a test pilot and an aeronautical engineer on their own experience!A slick presentation is good, but the content matters much more..and here it was quite interesting!
    Have a good one..

Doesnt seem like you have made any presentation at any decent conference.You dont have any idea at all!
    You have no idea !
    Love Planes, Live Planes

Quadbike , whatever idea I have is based on your posts..
    Anyhoo, didnt see this before..seems like loosely based on Rustam -1 ?

Have a good one..

is that an LCA mark 2? Just kidding, what is it? Also what is the final design of Rustom? Are they sticking with Burt Rutans flying wing light aircraft as the baseline?

I hope no engineer is able to make a "academic" presentation...

This isn't one of the HAL exhibits. All HAL models were miniatures. Also, doesn't seems to be a DRDO UAV exhibit either, they were placed somewhere else.

Last edited by Twinblade; 1st April 2012 at 20:20.

Folks, which variant of Tejas is this ?
    Looks like a trainer variant , but seems to me the canopy was modified quite a bit( plus it seems to have the new finroot intake like LSP-7)

Last edited by mack8; 1st April 2012 at 22:57.

^^ The trainer variant, Mk 1.

It seems like Boeing Chinook has met the technical requirements for IAF's heavy lift chopper and judging by the tone of the article, Mi-26 has made it as well.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...tition-370225/

India may announce the RFP for the Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) and Medium Range Maritime Recon (MRMR) soon.

link

India is readying requests for proposals (RFP) for two maritime patrol requirements: the navy's Medium Range Maritime Reconnaissance (MRMR) aircraft and the coast guard's Medium Maritime Patrol (MMP) aircraft.

Both requirements are likely to be for six aircraft initially, with options for six more, say industry sources. One source said the initial MMP requirement could be for nine aircraft.

The sources spoke to Flightglobal at Defexpo India 2012, where airframers displayed models of maritime patrol aircraft. RFPs for both requirements are expected in 2012, with one source saying the MMP RFP could be issued in April or May. India issued requests for information (RFIs) for both requirements in 2010.

Unlike the navy's long-range maritime patrol aircraft requirement, which will be filled by the Boeing 737-based P-8I Neptune, the RFI suggests India will not require the MRMR to have anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capabilities, with the aircraft focused on the maritime patrol mission and capable of carrying anti-ship missiles. It will replace India's 12 Britten-Norman Islanders.

In the 2010 RFI, the navy stated that the MRMR aircraft will require a top speed of 300kt (556km/h) or greater and a patrol speed of 200kt. It will require a full self protection suite, including radar and laser warning receivers, an active electronically scanned array (AESA) surface-search radar and a forward looking infrared (FLIR) sensor.

One possible contender for the requirement could include a variant of the P-8I, although Boeing representatives at the show said they want to see the RFP before deciding how to address the MRMR campaign. They pointed out that a P-8I variant would be make sense from a logistical and crew training perspective given that India has already ordered eight P-8Is for long-range patrol.

Other contenders for the MRMR could include the Saab 2000 maritime patrol aircraft (MPA), the Airbus Military C295 MPA, and the Israel Aerospace Industries ELI-3360 (based on the Bombardier Q400). A previously issued RFP for the MRMR was withdrawn in early 2009.

Sources say the MMP requirement is somewhat less well defined. "Based on the RFI, the MMP is a really big beast," says one source from a European airframer.

The RFI called for a diverse range of missions, including search and rescue, anti-surface warfare, environmental monitoring and medical evacuation with three intensive care stations.

"By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/12517495.cms

US defence major Lockheed Martin has bagged a deal expected to be worth over Rs 100 crore for supplying laser-guided bombs (LGBs) for the Jaguar fighter aircraft fleet in the Indian Air Force (IAF).

The IAF plans to induct more than 100 bunker-buster LGBs for its Jaguar warplanes to destroy strongly fortified enemy targets.

DRDO active seeker....would be useful to know its diameter..

c/o jai@BR
    Have a good one..

c/o jai@BR
    what are they meant for SAM?

well another photo.....this is what PSG have in his blog, but no specific diameter given.

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.in/2...ighlights.html

Posted below is a photo of the full-scale model of the X-band active radar seeker for the PAD exo-atmospheric interceptor vehicle developed by the DRDO. The more advanced PDV interceptor vehicle's R & D process has not yet ended since it was decided back in 2010 to develop a dual-mode terminal seeker for the PDV by employing sensor-fusion techniques. Consequently, the PDV interceptor will be equipped with both the active radar seeker, plus an imaging infra-red seeker that is already being developed for the AAD-1/2 endo-atmospheric interceptors.

c/o jai@BR
    How big is the brochure, or whatever it is, beside it?
    Juris praecepta sunt haec: honeste vivere, alterum non laedere, suum cuique tribuere.
    Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Work on it being A4.
    In the first pic looks like a 'show daily' type handout. The second pic there is some kind of manual. Both are placed conveniently in the plane of the unit's centreline.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Seems like an A5 pamphlet, could be A4 as well, but I doubt that the seeker would be wider than 8-9 inches, tops.

Second AEW&C flies with inert radar..

Have a good one..

Quote Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
    Seems like an A5 pamphlet, could be A4 as well, but I doubt that the seeker would be wider than 8-9 inches, tops.
    Should get atleast 30 - 40 km lock on range as per industry standards.
    Have a good one..

ITT Exelis to Provide Pakistan with Electronic Warfare Defensive System

I don't think the IAF will be too happy about that...
    “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!”

^^^India can only influence US policies upto little extent and vice versa. See India doesn't agree to US pressure on Indian trade with Iran. So US also follows its own policies as far as Pakistan is concerned. AFAIK it is a sale and Pakistan is paying for it. Its the military aid that can be problematic.

Second AEW&C flies with inert radar..

Just wondering, is there any information (manufacturer, origin, specs) available about the interferometer array on the sides of the aircraft ?

One more pic of the AEW&C

"By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mildave View Post
    ITT Exelis to Provide Pakistan with Electronic Warfare Defensive System

I don't think the IAF will be too happy about that...
    Its hard to imagine anyone in the IAf caring, not sure how much of a difference it will make and b) how busy they (the politicians) are all in trying to line their own pockets.

Thread Information