Key.Aero Network
Register Free

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Quadbike Indian Air Force Thread Part 18

Quote Originally Posted by Deino View Post
    Even if the grey looks nicer on the C-130J, it seems as if the orange in the IAF-cocade is way off !??

Deino
    Yes...it is Indian taxpayers money and these idiots paint with colors they like.

The color in Indian Tri-Color is Saffron and not orange and it is a known fact that America really hates the Saffron brigade in India. So maybe....it was a deliberate act???

Quote Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
    Do you think its painted in Russia still the old ILs? I am sure its Indian paint on it now. When the Yankee paint wears off we will put crappy Indian paint on the C-130 J too, making it black nosed.
    There is no need for the black paint on the C-130J, if you understand the basic idea behind the scheme. As pointed out earlier by TR1, it is anti-glare paint to prevent the cockpit guys having to cope with the reflection from the nose.

In the case of C-130J, the nose is further down the cockpit (compare the pics above) and in no way the reflection is going to discomfort the crew....but We can paint it in different color if you want to highlight the C-130Js extra ball in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Levsha View Post
    No Mig-27, Mig-21 or Mirage 2000?
    Because single engine aircraft are barred from taking part in fly-past & display because of an earlier accident involving Mirage-2000 during Air Force Day. The brave pilot died in crash.

Wg Cdr Ramesh Bakshi

Spectators view as Mirage 2000 KF-102 explodes after hitting the ground. Wg Cdr Ramesh Bakshi , CO 7 Sqn was killed in the incident. Pic Copyright Arun Sharma

http://www.warbirds.in/Crashes/crdetails.php?crno=224
    Last edited by JangBoGo; 11th February 2012 at 18:49. Reason: typing slip...

Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    Boeing confirms 1.78 billion deal, finalizing the sale of 10 C-17s to IAF

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...-c-17s-367749/

the C-17s will replace the old Il-76s currently in use.
    I hope our good man Swamiji spare the Rafale & stop connecting its win to the Italian madam and start concentrating on this >$450million/unit scam tagging our Prime Minister's Boss from Italy! :diablo:

Quote Originally Posted by JangBoGo View Post
    Because single engine aircraft are barred from taking part in fly-past & display because of an earlier accident involving Mirage-2000 during Republic Day. The brave pilot died in crash.

Wg Cdr Ramesh Bakshi

Spectators view as Mirage 2000 KF-102 explodes after hitting the ground. Wg Cdr Ramesh Bakshi , CO 7 Sqn was killed in the incident. Pic Copyright Arun Sharma

http://www.warbirds.in/Crashes/crdetails.php?crno=224
    please go through the LINK page
    accident happen on 8oct an airforce day at palam airport IMHO
    slip of tongue or. :O
    No aircraft ever crash during republic day parade
    east or west india is the best

I hope our good man Swamiji spare the Rafale & stop connecting its win to the Italian madam and start concentrating on this >$450million/unit scam tagging our Prime Minister's Boss from Italy! :diablo:
    Dont understand
    Wrinkles wrinkles my kingdom fallen to a wrinkle

The color in Indian Tri-Color is Saffron and not orange and it is a known fact that America really hates the Saffron brigade in India. So maybe....it was a deliberate act???

Or it could just be an incorrect WB setting, or differently post-processed. Cool down my hypertensive friend.

Bareilly AF base gets Dhruv MK-III
    The helicopter, manufactured by HAL, differs from the previous version of ALH, or ‘Dhruv’ in the terms of the more powerful ‘Shakti’ engines, full glass cockpit and the integrated Electronic Warfare (EW) suite. The various systems integrated into the helicopter make it a highly manoeuvrable and potent platform for military operations by day as well as by night. The induction of ALH Mk-III at Air Force Station Bareilly is being regarded an important milestone in the Indian aviation industry as well as towards modernisation plan of the Indian Air Force.
    The ALH Mk-III is being inducted in 111 Helicopter Unit(111 HU), which was operating with Chetak and Cheetah helicopters earlier. With the new induction, the unit would be better equipped to continue the task of humanitarian relief, casualty evacuation from the Himalayan ranges as well as search and rescue operations along with regular military operations. The unit has also been earmarked for the presentation of the ‘President’s Standard’ for its glorious service for the past 49 years.
    http://tarmak007.blogspot.in/2012/02...h-with-np.html

NLCA will fly "soon".

Good to know about the integrated EW system.I hope that includes CMDS too.
    That will prevent incidents like what happened to Rajiv Pundir.
    I once watched an interview of ACM Tipnis where he said that there was a 4 ship formation of Mi 17s and that only Pundir's helo didnt have any cmds...he also said that (iirc) "there was no business sending that helo into action".But these words cannot compensate for the loss of these men.
    PEOPLE.FIRST.MISSION.ALWAYS.
    Have a good one..

AFAIK, CMDS were integrated a while back on LCA.

Its somewhere in news reports.

Images of N-LCA from Tarmak blog

A lot more pics of the different rigs and details on the N-LCA from the Tarmak blog

Tech Leap to future -Naval Aircraft

I found this detail on the re-certification of the LRUs to be quite new. Didn't realise that this would be required.

The feature of launch and recovery onboard carrier was another herculean assignment to be managed. The flare-less landing with high sink rate of 7.1 m/sec and heavy thumping with engine to full throttle till arrested by deck cable, is akin to a controlled crash of the aircraft on the ship every time it operates. This yields five times of loading on main landing gear as compared to Tejas.

Sources say that in horizontal direction, the arrested shock recovery produces axial loads on aircraft structure of the tune of 4.5 g, calling for re-certification of all line replacement units (LRUs), components and associated systems of naval version to ensure fail safe operation repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by mirza2003 View Post
    please go through the LINK page
    accident happen on 8oct an airforce day at palam airport IMHO
    slip of tongue or. :O
    No aircraft ever crash during republic day parade
    oooops sorry.
    most of the posts above I touched upon were related to Republic Day, so thatz what slipped out when I typed. I'll correct it.

Those landing gears looks heavy and over engineered...I think those might have added weight to the overall structure.
    what is the weight ceiling planned for the NLCA?

Shalav,
    what do you mean by WB setting??...white balance as in camera or anything else?
    Btw, if I'm not wrong.....even the models displayed in various expos for IAF and IN came in such a light color.

Matt,
    I meant Swami targeting Sonia and clubbing the Rafale win to connection with ruling family.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackArcher View Post
    A lot more pics of the different rigs and details on the N-LCA from the Tarmak blog

Tech Leap to future -Naval Aircraft

I found this detail on the re-certification of the LRUs to be quite new. Didn't realise that this would be required.
    good info on whats coming and I heard that its a separate team for NLCA.

But the interesting thing to look forward to will be how well the teams on LCA & NLCA are able to document their final product. A product without proper documentation is going to be a maintenance hell and a disaster in the making.

Few years back, probably around the time when the first flight was carried out, there was an article which mentioned on the need for proper documentation of the aircraft. The author had mentioned the need for proper documentation (& proper placements/grouping of wires/pipelines etc rather than making it a birds nest) and that the designers of the LCA or HAL will not be able to get away and save their skin with LCA when something goes wrong by saying the documentation was that of the Russians or French or Brits and it was their fault.

This is our first major aircraft project of this complex nature and I want to be optimistic that they are already with a proper documentation to the last nut and bolt.....

what do you mean by WB setting??...white balance as in camera or anything else?
    The colour of the sky looks different in both images. The colour picker on my computer also shows the C130 image has a lighter sky. There is no exif image data in the images, so there is nothing there to evaluate. To me, based on the above, it looks like different WB settings or different post-processing or it could even be different cameras!

If you don't have the data to arrive at a conclusion it only means there is insufficient data, not that it's a conspiracy!

Not everything is, calm down...

Btw, if I'm not wrong.....even the models displayed in various expos for IAF and IN came in such a light color.
    Please post links, it would be illuminating to see it.

IAF wants 6 more C 17s....
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/11885617.cms

That will bring the total to 16 ...
    Have a good one..

Quote Originally Posted by rayrubik View Post
    IAF wants 6 more C 17s....
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/11885617.cms

That will bring the total to 16 ...
    nail coffin il-76

IAF to induct Mi-17V5 helicopters into service tomorrow.

IAF to induct Mi-17V5

A few pictures from Indian LUH trials..

http://www.gauravschimar.com/gallery.../#!prettyPhoto
    Have a good one..

Sino-Indian border against the Chinese Air Force Base

India began a large-scale upgrade Sino-Indian border against the Chinese Air Force Base

Times of India reported that India will launch a massive nationwide program to upgrade Air Force base in the first stage in the 42 months to upgrade 51 air bases in 30, the second phase of the remaining Air Force Base, Navy, Army, Coast Guard to upgrade the airport, which focuses on the northeast border of China’s regional base.

IAF's new Mi-17V5 at its induction ceremony

Youtube link for Mi-17V5 in IAF. Video by Torque Aviation

Induction ceremony on Youtube

The video also shows the ramp door arrangement for these Mi-17V5s as compared to the clam-shell type rear door. Cockpit looks amazing too.
    Last edited by Kramer; 21st February 2012 at 01:47.
    "By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!"

So if I understand correctly, the follow on order of 59 was increased to 71?
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Its seems like Ministry of Home Affairs wants its own fleet (instead of borrowing from already stressed out IAF and IA fleet) for logistics support and COIN operations to be shared by BSF, CRPF and ITBP

http://www.telegraphindia.com/112022...y_15161198.jsp

And they are still "tendering" the aircraft. :facepalm:

Why can't they simply order whatever the IAF, IA are using ? This is the height of bureaucratic ineptitude where nobody wants to do the right thing and wants to follow procedures instead.

Slightly OT.
    But take a look at this. Not often USAF personel give a brief about Russian helis.
    This is the Mi-17-V5 for the AfAF.

Interesting nevertheless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Jep...endscreen&NR=1

My brother served in Stan. He said that those 'old' Mi-17 was an exellent choice for the high mounten region operation in Stan.
    Its mostly on a 3000m level.
    While NATO had a lot of down time service in their helis. Those Mi-17 keep the logistic and supply line running.
    The AfAF old Mi-17 was not cleared for personel transport. But they did an exellent job nevertheless.
    The irony was they kept flying spare parts for Naato helis..
    They may not be much to look at, but they are well respected by all Nations over there.

With the new Mi-17-V5, it comes with improved engines and other stuff. Its a great and suiteble helis for the IAF as well.
    Last edited by haavarla; 21st February 2012 at 07:44.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
    Its seems like Ministry of Home Affairs wants its own fleet (instead of borrowing from already stressed out IAF and IA fleet) for logistics support and COIN operations to be shared by BSF, CRPF and ITBP

http://www.telegraphindia.com/112022...y_15161198.jsp

And they are still "tendering" the aircraft. :facepalm:

Why can't they simply order whatever the IAF, IA are using ? This is the height of bureaucratic ineptitude where nobody wants to do the right thing and wants to follow procedures instead.
    The UPA has been mortally afraid of single-vendor deals in case they get yet more allegations(and even worse, truthful allegations) of corruption for bribery and favoritism. Hence the artillery fiasco, the MMRCA circus, the Project 76I submarine tender that's yet to take off despite being considered since 2006) and so on. For similar reason every transaction also has miles of red tape and long, detailed procedures to be faithfully followed.

Also lesser-known delays like the tender for a new Hummvee-style light transport vehicle for the army(RFIs originally issued to 7-8 indian manufacturers in 2007 or so, contenders like Mahindra Axe still under trial), the FICV program to replace the obsolete BMP-1/2s(DRDO showed an 'Abhay' technology demonstrator and interest was shown from multiple Indian private vendors as well, but it never moved forward), the Indian Navy's medium-range MPA tender(cancelled and re-started twice, I believe), the Sea King replacement helo tender(also cancelled and re-started at least once), the tender for acquiring amphibs for the Coast Guard etc.

The few single-vendor deals they've approved are 'repeat orders' by the same customer(Mi-17s and Su-30MKIs for the IAF) and govt-to-govt FMS deals with the US. And a few deals that began in the NDA era like the Vikramaditya and Scorpene sale.
    Last edited by Witcha; 21st February 2012 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    IAF's new Mi-17V5 at its induction ceremony

Youtube link for Mi-17V5 in IAF. Video by Torque Aviation

Induction ceremony on Youtube

The video also shows the ramp door arrangement for these Mi-17V5s as compared to the clam-shell type rear door. Cockpit looks amazing too.
    looking mean. if there's one thing worth buying from Russia, its Mi-17s, along with MI-26, Mi-24, and long range SAMS

so

what are those plates on the side of the cockpit?

Indian Navy Chief Snipes Carrier Tejas

The Naval Tejas programme really had this coming. After failing to get the LCA Navy airborne in January in what would have been the platform's hugely delayed first flight, Indian Navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma has rebuked the programme for its performance and delays.

Speaking to The Hindu at Port Blair, Admiral Verma has been quoted as saying, "They [ADA] focused largely on the Air Force programme and the LCA [Navy] did fall behind….

HAL Tejas is being developed for Indian army as LCA (Light combat aircraft) since 1983. Its main goal is to replace old MIG 21. In present is done prototype PV-3. In some details is similar with Mirage 2000. Aircraft is very small and it belongs among the smallest and the lightest in the world. This aircraft is being developed for Indian army as LCA (Light combat aircraft) since 1983. Its main goal is to replace old MIG 21. In present is done prototype PV-3. In some details is similar with Mirage 2000. Aircraft is very small and it belongs among the smallest and the lightest in the world.

Indian Air Force- 40 LCA Mk.1 aircraft on order and plans to order total 180 LCA Mk.1/ 2 aircraft
    The Indian Navy has a requirement for 50 Tejas aircraft.

Per Price: US$31 million

Quote Originally Posted by J-20 Hotdog View Post
    looking mean. if there's one thing worth buying from Russia, its Mi-17s, along with MI-26, Mi-24, and long range SAMS

so

what are those plates on the side of the cockpit?
    Armor.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9098/rsz11rsz3807.jpg

Thread Information