Tamiya 1/32 Spifire MkIXc

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 9 months

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products/60319spitfire_mkixc/index.htm

If you use Google translate you can get a sort of English version.

I'm heading off to my local shop today to see if it's there yet.. If not, I sense a trip to Osaka[1] will be on the cards, because I REALLY want this!

JC

[1] Nihonbashi has the best model shops that I have ever been in - 7 huge floors of everything, including one just for Tamiya with the entire catalogue on display. Apparently Akiahabara in Tokyo is even better - not been there yet but I expect my bank account will get a pounding when I do.

Original post

Member for

17 years

looks like a great model, but even better is getting Google Toolbar to translate the page. Priceless...

Member for

19 years 9 months

Bad form to reply to ones own post, but I bought it. 8190yen which in UK money comes to about 55 quid, but I'll bet it'll be more when it gets "home".

It is a model of great beauty and I'm looking forward to bodging it together in my own inimitable manner. I'm busy mangling a 1/25 Tiger[1] at the moment so the IX will sit in the cupboard for now, but a couple of things I noticed:

1. This may be the first of a number of versions, including a clear one. There are some seperate parts that look as if they can change stuff in the future and the level of interior detail is quite stunning.

2. The wings have seperate panels for the gun bays, but no interior detail or guns. Again, this maybe to allow a more detailed version later but still a bit wierd.

[1]I'm trying to teach myself how to use an airbrush, and I figured an AFV offers more room for error