1/72 "Sally B" decals Circa Early 80's

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 1 month

Hi all...

This is more of a plea for help!!

Many moons ago (early 1980's), B-17 Preservation produced a 1/72 decal sheet depicting the UK's famous "Sally B" B-17G in her early natural metal scheme. These decals were available through their own supporters club shop. I bought a set in 1983 at the Great Warbirds Air Display at West Malling to adorn my Matchbox B-17 (I know, I know...but I was only 13 at the time!)

I would love to get hold of another set of these decals..so have cash waiting for anyone who might want to sell a set! I've tried the Sally B people...but apparently, they are long out of production.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!

Regards;
Steve

Original post

Member for

17 years 7 months

Try emailing them again.

Approx 12-24 months ago I was looking for a second set and sent them an email on the off chance that they may have some. I had a first reply which said no followed by another reply a few days later saying that they did indeed have a few left.

I have got a set at home, Im sorry but I wouldnt want to sell them but you do realise that its a very very basic set of decals image and quality wise?

Member for

15 years 8 months

Hi Steve

I have a set of the transfers you are after a little old now and with a very minor crease through one of the tail transfers. No yellowing of the carrier film to speak of.Still have the location diagram too.

Send me a mail to [email]Manic1201@aol.com[/email] if you are still wanting a set.

Regards Nic