When are the Corgi Halifaxes coming?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 3 months

I wonder when the Corgi Halifax(es) will be available? Thought they were planned for early this year, but so far I haven't seen one. As both "Friday the 13th" and the all red "Berlin" one are already planned for early next year, I expect no less than 5 Halifaxes in the coming 6 months, which is a bit much. Have decided for Fr. the 13th, especially as it is in both the French and RAF livery, and the Berlin one.

BW Roger

Original post

Member for

17 years 7 months

Yes please please, but eh.... a schizophrenic Halifax?

Who got that idea? Replicating the YAM-halifax by any chance?

Hmmm,

Cees

Member for

24 years 3 months

I think it is a great idea, getting 2 for the price of one. Apart from that, it is a nice tribute for the YAM for all the effort they did in "giving" a Halifax back. Now that I think of it, shouldn't it be a nice idea to have a French Navy 1/72 Lancaster in that great white livery? Maybe the one that now is "Just Jane".

BW Roger

Member for

17 years 7 months

Go to Halfords and purchase a spraycan of matt white:diablo:

I have not objections to the way YAM have finished their Halifax (incoming Mike?) but a 1/72 model is a different matter.
Albert?
Cheers

Cees

Member for

24 years 3 months

but a 1/72 model is a different matter.

Cees

In what way?

BW Roger

Member for

24 years 3 months

Are these the ones being made in China or was that a Stirling ;)

Member for

24 years 3 months

Will they be the right colour ????:confused:

Member for

24 years 3 months

As long as they look better than the plastic ones ! made I don't complain. And so far I am more than happy with the ones I bought over the last years. BW Roger

Member for

17 years 7 months

I bought the 1/32 Corgi Mosquito with cookie and I am impressed by the quality. Let's see how the Halifaxes shape up, the pics I have seen are very promising

Cees

Member for

24 years 3 months

Now that we have seen RAF Me-109ns, a FW-190 and now a Stuka, shouldn't it be nice/about time to release a Luftwaffe KG-200 B17/B24 , or a Luftwaffe Spitfire, P-38 or Mustang? Should like to have those. BW Roger

Member for

16 years 6 months

Been searching all my Corgi product update emails but can't find the ones relating to releases until end of year.
The new list (received 6 october) for next years models shows Friday 13th for the 1st quarter and one shown just as Halifax/Halton for 4th quarter.
When I manage to find the right file on my computer I will post the projected relase dates for the 2007 models but hope this is a bit of help.

Member for

17 years 7 months

I heard the red Halifax will be available the last weekend of october

Cees

Member for

19 years 9 months

An all red Halifax? Never heard of it. Are there any more infos regarding that plane? :confused:

Member for

17 years 7 months

It's a red post war civilian version of the Halifax (not a Halton)

Cees

Member for

17 years 7 months

The Halton had square windows in the fuselage, the C MK VIII had the round portholes along the fuselage, Call it what you want, I like it:D

Cheers

Cees

Member for

17 years 11 months

When are

Story is that the Mk 3 was being held back as the front end was based on the Airfix kit and this was found to be to narrow along with various other problems.
Cant wait for them though as already have everything ready to change to a Hali flown by a relative in 44.

Member for

24 years 3 months

I understand the first one will be out coming week. BW Roger

Member for

24 years 3 months

I'll go for the all red one.

BW Roger

Member for

16 years 8 months

Corgi are all over the place at the moment....

some models late, others early and I have found the quality has not been up to scratch. I've picked up a few Gemeni Wings and Hobby Master (who I think, supply Corgi with their "predator" line, hence the naff big Corgi logo stamped underneath) The quality of these is far higher, tend to find Corgi and Dragon Wings a bit "pacifist" and lacking stores! Only Corgi could bring out a Typhoon with no rockets! - just found on another thread that my Corgi vampire is blue/grey and not silver! The pricing is odd as well, my local Model Zone tends to cut its Corgis prices up to 50% a few months after release (Swordfish, JU-88, Lysander) Sometime in 2008 though, Corgi will do a Blenheim and an ME110 (as will Hobby Master) enjoy the competition as a consumer !