Jet.X Motors

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 1 month

Had a bit of a go with this system from the 60-70s + a few years a go . it rekindle some of the models my father made me as a kid . Question is does anyone have a link for clubs or model groups that still dabble in the art of the jet.x engine range . ive got a few motors being the jetex 50s and 100 varients and fitted to the hawker hunter and EE. lightinings. both have seen better days . looking for a bit of info really of a broader range and folk that still use this method of flight .
many thanks for any help
rich.

Original post

Member for

18 years 5 months

I can recommend 2 good sites/forums for them:
www.jetex.org
www.smallflyingarts.com
Both places have a large group of jetex/rapier flyers. Most people have moved into the rapiers noow but i still fly a few with jetex/jetx motors to use up a mass of tablets i have.
You say that you have a Hawker Hunter and a EE Lightning, do you know what kits you built them from?

Member for

20 years 1 month

Thank you for the info and links . and sorry for a slow reply PC problems . the 2 kits are from the aero graphics line i think .the plans are still about somewhere up the loft so are the 2 models thou in a poor state as they had some use with my 2 nephews. hunter is in the blue diamonds scheme and the lighting a red yellow test . theres also a few gliders for jetex power in the loft also. motor mounted on the top .
some very intresting stuff on them sites many thanks rich

Member for

18 years 5 months

Its nice to be of a help. I doubt the Hunter is aerographics as their hawker hunter kit has only been out about a year and is to large for jetx. (it may fly on some of the huge motors). Its more likely to be the keil craft or venom kits. Is there any chance you could fish the models out and post some photos of them?