Revell releases 2006

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 11 months

Looks like we're in for a treat in 2006, Revell are releasing a bunch of stuff, i think a lot of it is Matchbox, as well as aircraft they are also releasing what was before now, very rare Matchbox kits.

Details on here http://www.models2u.co.uk/

Most exciting for me are the Walrus and the Halifax in 1/72, probably ex-Matchbox (not sure if Matchbox did a Halifax but they did do a Walrus

Original post

Member for

19 years 9 months

Yes indeed, Matchbox once produced a Merlin-engined Halifax, while the Airfix-Halifax features radial-engines. My bet is on the re-issue.

Attachments

Member for

20 years 2 months

Bought the Haqlifax last week. Definitely the Matchbox kit. Great that we can now do both major sub-types of the design.

If only someone was brave enough to give us a Hercules option on the Lancaster.

Member for

20 years 3 months

...If only someone was brave enough to give us a Hercules option on the Lancaster.

Eric,

I think somebody like Aeroclub or Paragon do indeed make a Mk.II conversion, or at least they did.

Try ringing Hannants or T.A.S. to pick their brains. ;)

Member for

18 years 6 months

I've just discovered two Matchbox Walrus' (or is that Walrui) in my loft. So what with the Revell re-release does that make the originals worthless? (I know I will buy more though!!).

Martin

Member for

20 years 3 months

Martin,

Looking at eBay prices reached, looks like Matchbox Walri fetch between £3-£6.

Although older boxed examples (Airfix also) seem to command higher prices....

Member for

18 years 6 months

Dave T - thanks for letting me know about the Matchbox Walrui - just thought they were worth a little more than they are. I stand corrected :)

See that Revell are releasing a T-6G? Wonder what the original is, as the kit shown is in Harvard Mk.4 markings and therefore should have a different canopy. Probably won't as the terrible Airfix one of old had a Mk.IIA/III canopy when was meant to be a Mk.IIB.

It cant be the Heller moulds as this is the new Airfix re-release. The only one I can think of is the Academy version. At £3.99, wonder if I can buy them in quantities of ten!!?

Martin