1/72 scale Spitfire PR.IG Diorama ( from an unusual source )

Read the forum code of contact

The source for this diorama is my seven year old daughter, her second plastic model, which was completed a few days ago. The proud builder poses with her pink PR Spitfire diorama. It was bought and started early October 2014, a little before her 5th birthday.

It has been a long project, built during holidays and when my wife has been away for weekends. Most of the build sessions have been 30 to 60 minutes long, 'though some days had several sessions spread across the day, mixed in with Disney films and other activities. The original Airfix Battle of Britain diorama kit has been modified a little, texturing the base with fine sand and modifying the tanker, but nothing too difficult. Decals came from the spares box. Most of the build has been my daughter's own work, with myself lending hands and advice along the way. The builder should be very proud of her work, but dad is even more proud! ;)

Original post

Member for

24 years 3 months

She has done a wonderful job.. worthy of any museum display :)

Member for

17 years 6 months

Excellent job.

Member for

11 years 5 months

Well done. She has learned that such models are fragile and not to be played with like toys.

Member for

13 years

Is she too young to be offered a job ? Hendon needs her !

Very well done.

:-) She's still under close supervision, but who knows what the future will bring!

We just started a 3D picture/diorama of "Snoopy verses the Red Baron" using a 1/72 scale Revell DrI and a scratch built Snoopy. The picture below shows what we're planning to do. After that, we have a Dambuster Lancaster to build, with a family connection. Her Great Granddad worked on the spotlights for the Dambuster Lancs.

Member for

10 years 6 months

I agree with the above I would be proud of that diorama and what really stands out is the detail along with taking the care to put the figures on their feet and not on a foot sized plinth, this little lady should carry on well done and keep going thank you so much for sharing

Member for

16 years 4 months

Well done that girl!!