RC Hawker Hurricanes

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hello all,

So I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had suggestions on a good mid-level Hawker Hurricane RC aircraft to get. RC flying is still fairly new to me, but I got a lot of good experience with Fly Zone's Albatross a while back, and I'm ready to take the next step up, and I'd like to get a Hurricane if I could. Any thoughts or suggestions? Looking for something with everything included if that's possible.

Original post

Member for

13 years

Hi,

I only fly electric RC and fly the old eflite hurricane from horizon hobby. It came with everything bar the retracts but I got them fitted. They are hard to come by as kits now but you can pick the odd one up eBay or somewhere like the RCGroups sale pages.
Another one is the Dynam Hurricane - http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/DYN8966/dynam-hawker-hurricane-mki-1270mm-w-o-tx-rx-batt
Pretty much complete and looks OK apart from the wrong type of flaps.

TopRC I think do a couple of mini sized ones and there are a couple of other cheaper brand ones about - but avoid.

Last one I can think of for electric is 'windrider' they did a foam kit that looked good but required some work to get up.

I love the eflite hurri, so much so that I have one flyer and a brand new one in the loft as a 'spare'. Mate also has the same - I shall try and find a pic

Member for

13 years

[ATTACH=CONFIG]239588[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]239589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]239590[/ATTACH]

Mine is the two blade one with the open canopy mod - mate put 3 blade prop on.

That one is no more.

Attachments

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thanks very much for the info! A few of the ones you had mentioned I had come across so that certainly helps me to figure this out. I'll try and sort out which one is a bit less complicated. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, but I really want a Hurricane.

Member for

13 years

Did you sort out a Hurricane?