Look what the wife has just brought back from the skips !!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 7 months

[ATTACH]183319[/ATTACH]There`s some bloke in tears somewhere,most of the missing bits are in the bottom of the box..everything bu t a Stirling !!!!!!!!

Original post

Member for

17 years 4 months

I'd like the Canberra underneath the B-17. Whats the black triangular aircraft bottom of the Il-28 box ?

Any more photo's ?

Member for

16 years 7 months

it`s a dirty great SR71 Blackbird

Member for

16 years 7 months

[ATTACH]183320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]183321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]183322[/ATTACH] I can understand why parts have dropped off as the glue seems very brittle......thankfully most of the parts are in the bottom of the box and whoever painted them did a nice job.

Member for

18 years 11 months

I see a divorce in the future!:D

Member for

17 years 4 months

'kin hell :eek:

Would make a great ID contest also !!

Member for

24 years 2 months

Maybe the poor bloke didn't have any suits she could cut up........

Member for

15 years 11 months

My god, looks like you hit the jackpot.:D

Member for

19 years 4 months

I can understand why parts have dropped off as the glue seems very brittle......thankfully most of the parts are in the bottom of the box and whoever painted them did a nice job.

Mind there isn't any other bits not belonging to the models in the bottom of the box that she may have broken or cut off.:D

Member for

24 years 2 months

This should probably be moved into the model section but still and impressive find well done!

Member for

14 years 1 month

Blimey - what a wife! Many wives would be headed to the skips not from them, with that lot.:D

Member for

16 years 7 months

Before `elf and safety got involved I used to go down the skips every weekend and they were ok about you taking stuff out in exchange for the odd quid for the coffee jar.I`m suprised they let her take them as last time I went down there some bloke was getting a load of original Star Wars toys out of his boot to skip.I asked if I could have them and the skip guy said they were not allowed any more and smashed the stuff up in front of me !!In the `Good old days` some of my best finds were............
WW2 aircraft landing lights boxed
Special forces Gemini outboard motor working
early german tinplate toy steam engine
12`x 4` OO guage train layout with engines
Letters,documents and photos from a RAMC Sgt. who was one of the first into Belsen...very graphic photos..but couldn`t believe someone had thrown them out.

Member for

16 years 7 months

It`s funny you should say about people cutting suits up and chucking blokes stuff out because of divorce.I went in the skip clothes store and pulled out some really nice old (but clean and washed) punk tour t shirts,The Damned,Stranglers,Pistols and X ray spex,quite collectables in themselves.I was wearing the Sex pistols shirt down my local when a friend who`d just got chucked out by his wife commented that` he had the same shirt or at least he did before his wife skipped all his stuff`....I didn`t have the heart to tell him it was his shirt !!!!

Member for

16 years 7 months

I don`t know if it`s worth putting them all back together as my kids will just trash them..job lot on fleabay me thinks.

Member for

16 years 7 months

'kin hell :eek:

Would make a great ID contest also !!

off you go then...some of them I really have not got a clue as to what they are..mainly the Russian and Japanese stuff.

Member for

14 years 1 month

Seriously- can I please have the Javelin? Pretty please? Would love to add it to my collection.

Member for

16 years 5 months

excellent find mate, i miss my collection of models...how much are you putting them up for if you do decide to?

Member for

16 years 7 months

yes you can have the javelin Blue 2..as for the price no idea..do people buy them broken ?

Member for

20 years 11 months

I don`t know if it`s worth putting them all back together as my kids will just trash them..job lot on fleabay me thinks.

Get rid of the kids :diablo:

Member for

24 years 2 months

yes you can have the javelin Blue 2..as for the price no idea..do people buy them broken ?

Cost of postage??

Member for

14 years 1 month

thanks hindenburg! Can't imagine postage will be much, not like its heavy or owt. If you look to sell them as a job lot you'll probably shift them ok, looked to be a couple of rarities that'd catch a collector's eye. And most of them certainly don't look beyond redemption...