Yes, someone did go to Culdrose - Me

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 9 months

And here is a little taster to be going on with - there was a surprise visitor, not shown here yet - Please, no giving the game away, those that might have been there.

However, I will say, it is an Historic Aircraft - a big one.

Original post

Member for

20 years 9 months

Lovely shots, bet the glider was brilliant. ;)

Member for

20 years 9 months

It could do with a bit of colour, Anna :) - but, of course, the airmanship was great - a lovely performance - shame it was so short really.

One thing I haven't really captured in the glider shots, is the lovelly patterns produced by the smoke, as he wheels her around the sky. Note to self: must try harder.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Hmmm......might it have had a rather large red fin, per chance? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, did you get any shots on arrivals day or departures today? Specifically the Chipmunk on Tuesday and the Piston Provost today? :rolleyes:

Member for

20 years 9 months

;) You'll see soon enough.

Sorry Lee, No. I live in Plymouth - I'm actually still trying to recover from the trip - it has left me feeling very very tired. I slept until 11am, and my legs will hardly carry me round my flat today. Even though I spent £3 on a grandstand seat (a great idea, every airshow should have them - so long as they make sure that the website quotes the correct price).

I know it's a lovely day today, but I can hardly move.

The PP was due to display, it was certainly on the list.

Actually, I was quite disappointed by the show as a whole; the visiting Hunters didn't display, in fact very few non-service items displayed. There was no Tornado or Typhoon, for instance. None of the Hunters flew, the helicopter displays seemed to be a lot less than normal. No Chinook, for instance. No Sea Vixen.

The Culdrose Airday seemed to be a shadow of previous years.

Member for

20 years 9 months

It could do with a bit of colour, Anna :) - but, of course, the airmanship was great - a lovely performance - shame it was so short really.

One thing I haven't really captured in the glider shots, is the lovelly patterns produced by the smoke, as he wheels her around the sky. Note to self: must try harder.

I think they look good. I just love watching gliders do aeros, they are so graceful. I sometimes go to Lasham, you have to watch that lot!! they tend to fly at you!!! :D :D

Member for

20 years 9 months

:) at Anna

Here are a couple more - featuring the surprise and correctly guessed guest, an RAF VC10

Member for

24 years 3 months

Nice photos, I think Guy Westgate give the best glider aeros display but sadly I don't think I'll get to see him this year. According to a list I saw for Shoreham his tug is an Extra 300. :eek:

Neal

Member for

20 years 9 months

Nice photos, I think Guy Westgate give the best glider aeros display but sadly I don't think I'll get to see him this year. According to a list I saw for Shoreham his tug is an Extra 300. :eek:

Neal

:D :D :D Has he a spare seat? LMAO :D

Member for

19 years 9 months

Guy's glider routine is truly outstanding. The inclusion of the Extra and the routine they perform together makes that one of the most innovative displays I’ve seen in a long time. Well worth making sure you are not in the burger van queue for!!

I abandoned the office and travelled with the Dak to Culdrose having never been before. A nice display I thought, although as Rob says it's a shame there was no Hunter or Vixen display. The VC10 made the trip worthwhile for me though :D

Excellent photos Rob, thanks for posting.

Tom.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Guy's glider routine is truly outstanding. The inclusion of the Extra and the routine they perform together makes that one of the most innovative displays I’ve seen in a long time. Well worth making sure you are not in the burger van queue for!!

I abandoned the office and travelled with the Dak to Culdrose having never been before. A nice display I thought, although as Rob says it's a shame there was no Hunter or Vixen display. The VC10 made the trip worthwhile for me though :D

Excellent photos Rob, thanks for posting.

Tom.

;) Look forward to seeing that! Anna ;)

Member for

20 years 2 months

:) at Anna

Here are a couple more - featuring the surprise and correctly guessed guest, an RAF VC10

Wasn't a guess - I was there! The Piston Provost was indeed due to display but, due to several ad hoc alterations to the flying programme the display slot was scrubbed as he taxied out to take off! Not impressed!

Member for

20 years 9 months

In that case, I'll prep some more this evening.

Member for

20 years 9 months

Wasn't a guess - I was there! The Piston Provost was indeed due to display but, due to several ad hoc alterations to the flying programme the display slot was scrubbed as he taxied out to take off! Not impressed!

I guessed as much :diablo:

The PP was scrubbed for something else? What on earth could it have been. The programme was full, sure - but I'm sure 5 or 6 minutes could have been found for it.

Member for

20 years 2 months

Harrier GR.7. The programme changed several times during the day and with the Red Arrows being on next, that was that!

Member for

20 years 9 months

So that's why he was in such a hurry as he arrived (GR.7 I mean) - thundering about at 650+ knots (it must have been - he had trouble stopping) - it's enough to wake you up.

Unfortunately, I'm somewhat blaise about Harrier's you see so many of them, they become just another grey (or black) noisy blob. Now I've only seen the PP a few times before - I know it's not exciting, but I don't think there are quite so many around - well there you go.

Anyway, another few to look at:

Member for

20 years 9 months

Yet more from Culdrose

Member for

20 years 9 months

Lovely shots keep them coming !! ;) :) Anna

Member for

20 years 9 months

:D :D :D Has he a spare seat? LMAO :D

I hope not, you don't need excess weight in a glider !!!!! ;)

I, however, have several - and not a winged thing in sight.

Member for

18 years 9 months

Nice shots there, love the RAF VC-10 in 4o years off VC 10 service :D

James

Member for

20 years 9 months

I hope not, you don't need excess weight in a glider !!!!! ;)

I, however, have several - and not a winged thing in sight.

LOL!!! Very true Sir. ;) :D