Kemble Air Day - Sunday 18th June 2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kemble Air Day - Sunday 18th June 2006

Nothing new for the hardened enthusiast at Kemble today and the forecast clear skies + 30 degrees deteriorated into high overcast cloud all day. However, this was a very nicely balanced show with something for everyone, vintage, modern, military and civil. The RAF Tornado had to abort his take-off due to an afterburner failure and the highlight of the show was the RNZAF Boeing 757 which was definately a coup for Kemble. Well done Glen + team!
    Adrian

Seems funny that I saw the Black cats take off to kemble at Manston brilliant shots there

Off topic sad news about Sea Hawks Mate Sea Fury on saturday it hit a gull receiving a nasty dent in the nose today it flew back to Yeovilton for some repair work.

James
    Last edited by Manston Airport; 18th June 2006, 22:44.
    Looking forward to the 2010 airshow Season

sigpic

Comment

Speaking as one of Glen's "crew" and just back from a long, hard, and very tiring weekend working there - I just thought I would add a few comments too.....lol

I was Airside all day on security over the far side, positioned right under the flying display line - which would have meant a few amazing shots had my camera been accessible at the right moment Apart from the rather un-nerving experience of seeing everything heading directly at me all day - highlight for me was the low pass by the RNZAF 757 which shot over my head at very little altitude and seemingly banking to avoid an adjacent hanger roof I was nearly ducking for cover - but boy was it impressive....lol
      Tornado aborted alongside me on take-off - typical tonkas (I used to work on em remember). Sparrows aborted their display due to not one but 2 incursions on Kemble airspace Sad to see the Fouga going - nice but quirky little beast (with equally nice but quirky pilot....lol)
      Liked that R/C US Coastguard Herc (1/7th scale) - having seen it close up on the ground - but it did fly a tad fast for scale...but made up for it by dropping dummies on chutes...lol
      Cracking display by the Sea Hawk - glad to see it around again

All in all - well worth my weekend down there - despite the really long hours on duty - but thats fine cuz I volunteered... Can't wait for the next one now
      Pete Buckingham
      Former RAF Engineer
      Volunteer in Aviation
      http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

Comment

You really need to change your signiture at the bottom of your posts Pete!! To much gloating there
        http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...?topic=15772.0

Comment

Great pix as ever from DB on another thread...think I'll put mine here, I've given up on moving targets !

Albert, great to meet with you at last, look forward to a longer chat next time !

PS did anyone get a shot of G-BSEU - I was in too much of a rush to get the bus across & back !
          Last edited by old eagle; 13th December 2006, 19:34.

Comment

Love the pictures of Ultimate High Extra's and the Bulldog, any idea who was flying them ? Anna
            Last edited by Mark9; 19th June 2006, 19:38.

Comment

Ultimate High Extras and Bulldogs

They were flown by:
              Robert Miller
              Charlie Mcilroy
              John Taylor
              Mark Grigg

Interestingly other Ultimate High pilots were flying the Spitfire:
              Bill Perrins
              and the Delta Jets Hunters:
              Andy Cubin
              Brian Cornes
              Steve Hicks

BTW did anybody get any pics of the Ultimate High Formation?

Comment

Working...
              X