Real Aeroplane Company Radial Fly-In - May 6th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Aeroplane Company Radial Fly-In - May 6th

The Breighton Radial Fly-In was my first camping trip of 2018. Unusually for a bank holiday, the forecast was for hot and dry, and I made the three hour Jeep trip down to Breighton on Saturday 5th, in shirt sleeves. I set up camp near one of the old wartime technical site huts. There were a number of people already flying, enjoying the beautiful weather.

On Sunday morning, I helped the guys get the collection aircraft out onto the flight line. Here's four of the Real Aero collection, two Bucker Jungmanns, a Bucker Jungmeister and the Ryan PT-22 Recruit. Most of the rest of the collection were lined up outside the hangars. A few aircraft were undergoing maintenance and were left inside. Once the aircraft were all on display, I brought my Jeep around to its usual spot by the tower. In addition to the aircraft, the Bristol Hercules and Rolls Royce Merlin aircraft engines were there and made a number of runs across the day.

Stephen Carr

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

See my Websites Here

Stephen Carr

See my Websites Here

Comment

very good thank you for bring them here
      Cheer's all far and WIDE!! , Tally Ho from Phil in Oz!

WHAT GOE'S UP MUST COME DOWN

Comment

Lovely set of photos and write up - you must have great faith in your Jeep to travel three hours in it. And what a fantastic mix of aircraft types and colour schemes too.

Rob
        Facebook page
        https://www.facebook.com/Westland.Wy...tif_t=page_fan

Comment

I saw the Hercules ran up at Blackbush and I have to say it's a lot more dramatic than a Merlin.
          Would love to have seen a Halifax with four of them at full chat.

The Pt22, is that one of the ones based here in the 90's?
          There used to be two on the airshow circuit in training colours.

Comment

Rob, I've bounced around in the Jeep for almost 15,000 miles over 13 years and I have had a couple of breakdowns, but try to carry a selection of basic spares so I can usually get myself back on the road again. The AA/RAC aren't much use as many of them don't have a clue about old vehicles, and as the French Army upgraded the electrics on this to 24volts, none of them carry 24 volt spares.

Hampden, the PT-22 still wears the civvie colours from its previous owner, but it isn't the first PT-22 owned by Real Aero. Their first was in US training colours, but not sure where that one went after being sold, so it may be the first aircraft they had which is the one you are thinking about.
            Stephen Carr

See my Websites Here

Comment

Working...
            X