Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian Navy Thread 2.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Austin
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2003
    • 6506

    US prepared ‘to fight’ in Russia, China missile defense zones – Naval ops chief
    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

    Comment

    • Zare
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Dec 2006
      • 213

      It's actually really hard to achieve a hit. It requires the completion of a really complex chain of events
      How?

      Comment

      • TR1
        TR1
        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
        • Oct 2010
        • 9826

        http://russianforces.org/blog/2016/0...lvo_bula.shtml

        Huh, so the recent Bulava salvo was not a failure, but a success. That is good news, would have been time for some hard questions otherwise.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • stealthflanker
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Sep 2015
          • 1026

          Originally posted by TR1 View Post
          http://russianforces.org/blog/2016/0...lvo_bula.shtml

          Huh, so the recent Bulava salvo was not a failure, but a success. That is good news, would have been time for some hard questions otherwise.
          yay.. finally a trident equivalent for Russia :3

          Comment

          • TR1
            TR1
            http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
            • Oct 2010
            • 9826

            Pfff, Sineva/Liner is where it is at.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Austin
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Oct 2003
              • 6506

              what is the significance of this announcement ?

              Russia plans permanent naval facility in Syrian port of Tartus – MoD

              https://www.rt.com/news/362209-russi...cility-tartus/
              "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

              Comment

              • JangBoGo
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2011
                • 1510

                Originally posted by Austin View Post
                what is the significance of this announcement ?

                Russia plans permanent naval facility in Syrian port of Tartus MoD

                https://www.rt.com/news/362209-russi...cility-tartus/
                In short, Russia's kaliningrad in the Mediterranean!
                Russia needs to bring it to that status at the earliest and install the entire range of AD system and fortify its bases from terrorist attacks. In addition, in the future there is likely to be Russian nukes placed in Syria as a bargaining chip for the US nukes in Turkey.




                MiG-29K inside Kuznetsov hanger.

                Comment

                • Flyboy77
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 313

                  Russian battlegroup getting ready for Syria

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2l9Noca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	3670648

                  Comment

                  • YU1
                    YU1
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 241

                    https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20161015/1479300098.html
                    https://ria.ru/economy/20161015/1479297659.html

                    More Talwars for India. Two ships will be build in Russia and two in India.

                    Does anyone know if these two ships which will be build in Russia are going to be two ships from trio of Admiral Butakov, Admiral Istomin and Admiral Kornilov? It kind of would make sense to sell them and build more of them later, if needed, when new engines becomes available. Or just build more Project 22350 class ships.

                    Comment

                    • Austin
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 6506

                      The benefits and risks for Russia of having a permanent naval base on Syria’s Mediterranean coast

                      http://www.offiziere.ch/?p=29848
                      "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

                      Comment

                      • TR1
                        TR1
                        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 9826

                        Originally posted by YU1 View Post
                        https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20161015/1479300098.html
                        https://ria.ru/economy/20161015/1479297659.html

                        More Talwars for India. Two ships will be build in Russia and two in India.

                        Does anyone know if these two ships which will be build in Russia are going to be two ships from trio of Admiral Butakov, Admiral Istomin and Admiral Kornilov? It kind of would make sense to sell them and build more of them later, if needed, when new engines becomes available. Or just build more Project 22350 class ships.
                        So the rumors go, the first two will be sold, Kornilov sections will be shipped to India to be completed.

                        I of course am hoping Yantar starts building 22350s.
                        They are already committed to making engines for the type in-Russia, making more 11356s would necessitate energy towards a whole separate engine model.
                        Last edited by TR1; 17th October 2016, 04:06.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TR1
                          TR1
                          http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 9826

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • TR1
                            TR1
                            http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 9826

                            https://lenta.ru/news/2016/10/17/achtotakmozhnobylo/

                            Project 949A Smolenks attacked ground targets near Novaya Zemlya with Granit.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • TR1
                              TR1
                              http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 9826

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • ijozic
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • May 2014
                                • 613

                                Originally posted by TR1 View Post
                                https://lenta.ru/news/2016/10/17/achtotakmozhnobylo/

                                Project 949A Smolenks attacked ground targets near Novaya Zemlya with Granit.
                                That would be surprising if true as those were claimed to have only anti-ship capabilities, even in the recent Nakhimov upgrade articles. I would suppose there was some modification made and this was a test fire?

                                Comment

                                • blash
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Feb 2016
                                  • 61

                                  I've summarized known info on currently deployed RuN vessels. Mostly based on Balabin's post @ airbase.ru and info from bmpd, etc.

                                  * Kuznetsov group consists of Pyotr Vellikiy, Vice Admiral Kulakov, Severomorsk, tanker (Sergey Osipov) and everyone's favorite tugboat (Nikolay Chiker). Admiral Essen has completed it's acceptance trials in the Baltics and is moving south to it's home base (Sevastopol, coincidentally), it'll most likely join carrier group right away. Admiral Grigorovich seems to be moving out to the Med as well (according to Balabin's post linked above).

                                  * Stoikiy and Soobrazitelnyy (airbase.ru has been arguing over whether it's truly it) are lurking around in the Northern Sea. Whether they will join Kuznetsov is unknown.

                                  * Admiral Tributs, Bystry, tanker (Alatau) and tugboat (Boris Butoma) have moved out to Indian Ocean to take part in Indra-2016 exercises.

                                  * Serpukhov and Zelenyy Dol are in Ceuta, possibly moving to their new home base in the Baltics (unconfirmed).

                                  * Landing ships are busy on the Syrian Express as we all know.

                                  * Yantar is stalking cables near Syrian coast.

                                  * Yaroslav Mudry has been in the Gulf of Aden since August.

                                  * I dunno where Ivanovets and Mirazh are but heard something about the Med.

                                  Not much info on the subs, except the one from TR1's post.

                                  I'm using international classification as I have no idea how Russian types should be properly translated in this case.

                                  The list itself:

                                  * Admiral Kuznetsov

                                  * Pyotr Velikiy

                                  Destroyers:

                                  * Bystry

                                  * Admiral Tributs

                                  * Vice Admiral Kulakov

                                  * Severomorsk

                                  Frigates:

                                  * Pytlivyy

                                  * Admiral Grigorovich

                                  * Admiral Essen [was not in the original list, news about it popped later, so I added it in]

                                  * Yaroslav Mudry

                                  Corvettes:

                                  * Stoikiy

                                  * Soobrazitelnyy

                                  * Mirazh

                                  * Serpukhov

                                  * Zelenyy Dol

                                  * Ivanovets

                                  Landing ships:

                                  * Georgiy Pobedonosets

                                  * Alexander Shabalin

                                  * Ceasar Kunikov

                                  Minesweepers:

                                  * Ivan Golubets

                                  Training ships:

                                  * Smolnyy

                                  4 subs (need to confirm)

                                  2 special reconnaissance ships [i guess, this is including Yantar, which was spotted several days ago]

                                  14 support and emergency rescue vessels
                                  Last edited by blash; 18th October 2016, 14:17.

                                  Comment

                                  • Austin
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Oct 2003
                                    • 6506

                                    Ominously "Caliber"

                                    http://vpk-news.ru/articles/33019
                                    "A map does you no good if you don't know where you are"

                                    Comment

                                    • Yama
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Feb 2012
                                      • 636

                                      Originally posted by ijozic View Post
                                      That would be surprising if true as those were claimed to have only anti-ship capabilities, even in the recent Nakhimov upgrade articles. I would suppose there was some modification made and this was a test fire?
                                      P-1000 Vulkan is rumoured to have land-attack capability, and it was claimed that Moskva attacked Georgian targets with them during 2008 war (though personally I believe the report is incorrect).
                                      A rudimentary land attack capability wouldn't be very hard to implement, on a basic level it doesn't matter for the INS if the waypoints are over sea or over land. It's well possible that Granit has always had this capability.

                                      Comment

                                      • TR1
                                        TR1
                                        http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                        • Oct 2010
                                        • 9826

                                        Nice photo of Admiral Tributs and Bistryy:

                                        sigpic

                                        Comment

                                        • TR1
                                          TR1
                                          http://tiny.cc/tp8kd
                                          • Oct 2010
                                          • 9826

                                          http://flotprom.ru/2016/%D0%A2%D0%BE...0%B5%D0%BC104/

                                          Phew- Zvezodchka says the 971 boats being modernized there for the VMF will not be the ones that India leases.
                                          sigpic

                                          Comment

                                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                          Collapse

                                           

                                          Working...
                                          X