Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLAN News Thread #4

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QuantumFX
    What?
    • Dec 2008
    • 1832

    More...

    Improved 052D and 055:

    Slightly larger -


    Slightly larger -

    Comment

    • Deino
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000
      • 4228

      First clear images of the Type 075 LHD

      Click image for larger version

Name:	PLN Type 075 LHD - 2090702 - 1.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	3866994Click image for larger version

Name:	PLN Type 075 LHD - 2090702 - 2.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	3866995Click image for larger version

Name:	PLN Type 075 LHD - 2090702 - 3.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	3866996Click image for larger version

Name:	PLN Type 075 LHD - 2090702 - 4.jpg
Views:	1135
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	3866997

      ...

      He was my North, my South, my East and West,
      My working week and my Sunday rest,
      My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
      I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

      The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
      Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
      Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
      For nothing now can ever come to any good.
      -------------------------------------------------
      W.H.Auden (1945)

      Comment

      • QuantumFX
        What?
        • Dec 2008
        • 1832

        093A, 039A, CV16 + J-15

        Larger-


        Larger-


        Larger-


        Larger-


        Larger-

        Comment

        • Deino
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Jan 2000
          • 4228

          Type 003 carrier under contsruction

          Click image for larger version

Name:	PLN Type 003 carrier - 20190802 - 2.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	3869679
          ...

          He was my North, my South, my East and West,
          My working week and my Sunday rest,
          My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
          I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

          The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
          Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
          Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
          For nothing now can ever come to any good.
          -------------------------------------------------
          W.H.Auden (1945)

          Comment

          • Deino
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jan 2000
            • 4228

            To admit it is progressing even faster than Click image for larger version

Name:	194441g3jnnys33zz34z1y.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	570.0 KB
ID:	3871511Click image for larger version

Name:	005SYme5ly1g66c53k3p5j30u0140grf.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	3871512Click image for larger version

Name:	192653nth0ruiyotaticzt.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	3871513Click image for larger version

Name:	69586740_1685588158241891_8284449871931375616_n.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	3871514 I expected

            Click image for larger version

Name:	192653lg0cjuxx0jw0s0kj.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	3871510
            ...

            He was my North, my South, my East and West,
            My working week and my Sunday rest,
            My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
            I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

            The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
            Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
            Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
            For nothing now can ever come to any good.
            -------------------------------------------------
            W.H.Auden (1945)

            Comment

            • Fedaykin
              Fueled by Tea
              • Dec 2005
              • 5295

              Some serious things to wrap my head around there, firstly the picture on the camera screen looks to be the 075 LHD. Beyond that progress on the Type 002 Carrier is startling, I don't see that much influence from the Varyag and it looks to have a twin Island configuration which means they are taking some influence from the UK when it comes to configuration.
              Last edited by Fedaykin; 22nd August 2019, 21:36.
              Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

              Comment

              • Fedaykin
                Fueled by Tea
                • Dec 2005
                • 5295

                Or are those all pictures of the 075 LHD and I am getting muddled up?
                Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

                Comment

                • Deino
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jan 2000
                  • 4228

                  Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                  Or are those all pictures of the 075 LHD and I am getting muddled up?
                  #924 is the Type 003 carrier
                  #925 is the Type 075 LHD.

                  ...

                  He was my North, my South, my East and West,
                  My working week and my Sunday rest,
                  My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
                  I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

                  The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
                  Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
                  Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
                  For nothing now can ever come to any good.
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  W.H.Auden (1945)

                  Comment

                  • Fedaykin
                    Fueled by Tea
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 5295

                    Is not picture #924 the Type 002 Carrier? I thought the Type 003 was the planned Nuclear carrier that is a few years away from being laid down pending development of Nuclear technology for surface ships.

                    So the sequence so far is:

                    Type 001 (Varyag)
                    Type 001A
                    Type 002
                    Type 003
                    Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

                    Comment

                    • Blitzo
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 1332

                      Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                      Is not picture #924 the Type 002 Carrier? I thought the Type 003 was the planned Nuclear carrier that is a few years away from being laid down pending development of Nuclear technology for surface ships.

                      So the sequence so far is:

                      Type 001 (Varyag)
                      Type 001A
                      Type 002
                      Type 003
                      No, the 001A designation isn't used by PLA watchers anymore, but it is still in use by some media people who don't know any better.

                      https://thediplomat.com/2019/06/a-mi...raft-carriers/


                      • CV-16 Liaoning (sometimes referred as carrier 001): As Chinas first aircraft carrier in service, this vessel was once commonly known as the Varyag. No change in name or designation.
                      • Carrier 002 (formerly known as 001A, and is also sometimes referred to as CV-17, and may be named Shandong once commissioned): This ski jump carrier is derived from the CV-16 design, and is Chinas first domestically built carrier which was launched from Dalian shipyard in 2017 and has been undergoing sea trials since mid 2018.
                      • Carrier 003 (formerly known as 002, and is also sometimes referred to as CV-18): Currently under construction at Jiangnan shipyard in Shanghai, this will be Chinas second domestically built carrier and Chinas first aircraft carrier equipped with catapults.
                      • Carrier 00X or 004 (formerly known as 003): This designation has been used to refer both to Chinas first eventual nuclear powered aircraft carrier, or a second conventional carrier equipped with catapults.

                      Comment

                      • Blitzo
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 1332

                        Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
                        Some serious things to wrap my head around there, firstly the picture on the camera screen looks to be the 075 LHD. Beyond that progress on the Type 002 Carrier is startling, I don't see that much influence from the Varyag and it looks to have a twin Island configuration which means they are taking some influence from the UK when it comes to configuration.

                        ... I think you're getting muddled up.

                        The "twin island" you are talking about is the single island from the 075 LHD, not for a carrier.
                        The island is also all one single structure, it's just that the smoke stacks have yet to be installed on the island making it seem like the bridge and pri fly towers seem like they're "separate" when in reality they're joined at the base as part of a single island.

                        The pictures in post #818 are all of the first 075 LHD where it is approaching structural completion and will be ready for launch relatively soon.
                        The picture in post #817 is of carrier 003 (formerly known as 002), where it is still undergoing super block fabrication/assembly.
                        Last edited by Blitzo; 23rd August 2019, 19:47.

                        Comment

                        • Fedaykin
                          Fueled by Tea
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 5295

                          Originally posted by Blitzo View Post

                          No, the 001A designation isn't used by PLA watchers anymore, but it is still in use by some media people who don't know any better.

                          https://thediplomat.com/2019/06/a-mi...raft-carriers/


                          I see, useful to know.
                          Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

                          Comment

                          • Fedaykin
                            Fueled by Tea
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 5295

                            Originally posted by Blitzo View Post


                            ... I think you're getting muddled up.

                            The "twin island" you are talking about is the single island from the 075 LHD, not for a carrier.
                            The island is also all one single structure, it's just that the smoke stacks have yet to be installed on the island making it seem like the bridge and pri fly towers seem like they're "separate" when in reality they're joined at the base as part of a single island.

                            The pictures in post #818 are all of the first 075 LHD where it is approaching structural completion and will be ready for launch relatively soon.
                            The picture in post #817 is of carrier 003 (formerly known as 002), where it is still undergoing super block fabrication/assembly.
                            Yeah, after I posted that on a second looking I realised it was a single Island with raised aft stack.

                            The 075 LHD looks to be influenced by similar vessels like the Juan Carlos class and the Cavour.
                            Because sometimes in life we need a bit of fun

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXNAp3mKepc

                            Comment

                            • Blitzo
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 1332

                              Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post

                              Yeah, after I posted that on a second looking I realised it was a single Island with raised aft stack.

                              The 075 LHD looks to be influenced by similar vessels like the Juan Carlos class and the Cavour.

                              The elevators are not positioning from Juan Carlos or Mistral.

                              The overall flight deck geometry and the forward area is more like Wasp or Trieste.

                              Full displacement should be some 31k tons.

                              Comment

                              • Tango III
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 25370

                                New photo of the Russian-made destroyer pr.956-E “Hangzhou” with a hull number 136, PLA Navy. After four years of modernization, it completes a series of shipbuilders’ sea trials. Instead of the Shtil air defense launcher, the HHQ-10 air defense launcher appeared, followed by the HHQ-16 air defense launchers, and new YJ-12A anti-aircraft missiles will be installed instead of the Moskit anti-aircraft missile.


                                Comment

                                Unconfigured Ad Widget

                                Collapse

                                 

                                Working...
                                X