Missile Simulation for Range Evaluation

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years

I want to get some feed back or useful information related to my simulation

Recently, I have worked some Python code for Missile-Rocket-Projectile Simulation having 2DOF.

Because I could only simulate lift/drag characteristics of the missile body as shown in Fig. 5, my simulation is relatively simple. Full 6DOF simulation work have been developed for Matlab code when the full 6DOF data, inertia, center of gravity, moment coefficient, is available, however, in most cases, it is not available.

Most of my article in the past was relied on estimation of hunch or prediction from common sense, however, I realized better tool for estimation is required. Although, modification of past Matlab code is easier way, study of python code is also enjoyable.

As a future plan, I perform CFD for supersonic reference cases via ANSA + StarCCM while improvement for this code will be done. below CFD figure is example.

After completion, analysis for Missile/SCRAMJET/Cruise Missile is on plan

1. Implemented
- Atmospheric / Gravity condition change via Altitude
- Calculation of Altitude, Speed, Range from Input Trajectory
- Consideration of multi-pulse or stage rocket
- Usage of Aerodynamic data for Mach/AoA

2. Planned or WIP
- Range optimization for missile? - recommendation of paper/report
- 3DoF/6DoF expansion - not planned (precise data for Inertia, CG is not available)
- Good reference case for certain missile shape - recommendation of paper/report

Original post

Member for

8 years

Yes, I have read the forum and some article related to estimation of AIM-120

Member for

8 years

This my recent update of the simulation

Recent update : validation for CFD setting for generic missile shape.

Unfortunately, I cannot achieve very precise aerodynamic coefficient due to limitation of CFD computing source

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3836226}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":3836227}[/ATTACH] ​​​​​​​

Attachments

Member for

17 years 11 months

I'd just like to say you're doing awesome work. Hats off to you.

Member for

11 years 9 months

So cool, but I think you should add Russian missiles like R-37 and R-77 too

Member for

10 years 4 months

So cool, but I think you should add Russian missiles like R-37 and R-77 too

I love to see Mig-31 and R-37 on the graph too, legendary combination