The PAK-FA Saga Episode X

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 9 months

"We choose to build a PAK-FA...We choose to build a PAK-FA and do all the other things, not because they are easy- but because they are hard..."

http://www.sukhoi.org/img/gallery/wallpaper/sukhoi2/Zakat-2.jpg

...Also we at Key Pubs DEMAND a roll-out this year!!

Original post

Member for

18 years 7 months

I'm excited to see how many other PAK FA saga episodes we have to see before we finally see the real thing. ;)

Member for

17 years 11 months

I'm excited to see how many other PAK FA saga episodes we have to see before we finally see the real thing.

I bet 2 more.

Feel free to gamble on the issue. :)

Member for

16 years 7 months

Otaku

Thats a hell of a photo! Thanks.

Member for

17 years

The AAR-56 is providing target information? The last time I checked it was a plain MAWS. LM has investigated in using the MLD like the F-35s DAS, but that appears not to be an operational reality.

I didn't say targeting information from AAR-56. I was answering the question on the various means that an F-22 might detect other airborne targets.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Subscription post.

Member for

15 years 8 months

Otaku

Thats a hell of a photo! Thanks.

It's a beautiful picture, but the Berkut looks shopped in.

I can't wait to see a video of PAK-FA fly and put a model kit of it on my desk :D

Member for

16 years 9 months

Nice view of modified w/bay. Pic taken 10/09/09, published today:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=179722&d=1260899151
[ATTACH]179722[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years 3 months

The funny thing is this time next year I bet we will all be sick of the sight of Pak-FA, once it's revealed every magazine and forum will show nothing else!

Not to count all the fanboy generated pictures showing it shooting down every fighter type under the sun...

Nice view of modified w/bay. Pic taken 10/09/09, published today:

Nice find!

Member for

14 years 4 months

The funny thing is this time next year I bet we will all be sick of the sight of Pak-FA, once it's revealed every magazine and forum will show nothing else!

Not to count all the fanboy generated pictures showing it shooting down every fighter type under the sun...

Happens with every new fighter, doesn't it? Post launch there are a few days of glory until media gets a new plane to talk about.

Member for

15 years 3 months

After all this time, I finally notice the right tail pod goes further aft than the one on the left

Member for

20 years 7 months

What if that slightly modified Berkut is PAK-FA? :) You know, a financial crisis version... It would be funny if we all were waiting for some mythical Raptor-alike thing to be revealed while having the real thing right in front of our eyes the whole time :D

Member for

17 years 9 months

So, the modified weapons bay seem more bulged than the previous pics...

Member for

15 years 3 months

The modified weapons bay of the Berkut seems big enough to carry at least one R-72/KS-172. Anyone knows whether its the R-72 or R-37 that'll be the ultra long ranged AAM for the PAK-FA?

Member for

19 years 9 months

Another PAK FA saga... I remember someone in the previous thread wished to see the PAK FA before starting a new thread.

Nice pic Otaku! It will be very interesting if the S-37 Berkut comes out as the PAK FA from Zhukovsky and some of the faces here will be worth to look at! :D

Member for

15 years 11 months

The modified weapons bay of the Berkut seems big enough to carry at least one R-72/KS-172. Anyone knows whether its the R-72 or R-37 that'll be the ultra long ranged AAM for the PAK-FA?

I did some quick measurements (very rough and some guesswork) and it looks like the R-37 might not quite fit. If the gray line down the middle, flanked by the red marks (warning text?), indicates the gap between the bay doors, it doesn't appear to be long enough for a R-37. Width wise, two might be able to squeeze side by side (ignoring length).

The bay appears to be a perfect fit for two R-77s side by side. If my guess about the length is correct, you can forget about a KS-172 going in there. I'd love to hear others' takes. Of course this is all speculative. The length may be arbitrary, and be dictated by the Su-47's fuselage and how much aerodynamic fairing they could fit before and aft of the bay. If you're testing out a mechanism and some preliminary attachment system, you could size it for the R-77, do some tests, then scale it up on the T-50, and test out bigger weapons when that aircraft gets built.

Member for

14 years 9 months

I'm excited to see how many other PAK FA saga episodes we have to see before we finally see the real thing. ;)

Maybe 13 PAK FA episodes, 14 or perhaps 15 if there are any setbacks.

The longer the setbacks, the longer her U.S. rival, the F-22 Raptor enjoys her reign of air dominance.

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pp1G12rkNFz8onh1NGBv4LI0-oMjOPW0iy9BNmgWXJzGYCPTCcvvJHAanN86uiM1eI69rMLYjXjdfpbwRp9XXxg/image.php.jpg

I bet 2 more.

Feel free to gamble on the issue. :)

Possibly 3 or 4. :confused: