Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Air Forces Thread #12

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregair
    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by googeler View Post
    That heli never flew with that paintjob, it was applied after it went to the museum.
    It's a complete fantasy, no other aircraft carried it either.

http://www.aircraftslides.com/Auctio...aspx?ID=562708
    http://www.aircraftslides.com/Auctio...aspx?ID=574620

Its fantastic to see such a nice photo of a Mozambique Mig-21, I know of only one other photo of these aircraft (seen in one of this forums earlier threads)

Does anyone have any other photos of these Mig-21s?

I understand that up to mid 80's there were about 48 of them operational with Russian, Cuban and a few other nations pilots.

Comment

• gkozak
      Rank 5 Registered User

Liberian Mi-2

Does anybody know the code above the flag on the fuselage of this Liberian Mi-2? Images of Liberian aircraft and helicopters are quite rare. Does anybody have any additional images? I have a Cessna 206, but little else. Thanks.
      Last edited by gkozak; 9th May 2011, 03:12.

Comment

• gkozak
        Rank 5 Registered User

A Couple More Requests- Bhutan and Equatorial Guinea

I have read rumors regarding Mi-8s/17s and Do-228s operated by Bhutan, marked with the circular roundel below. Can anybody confirm this? Also, I have read about two MiG-17Fs operated by Equatorial Guinea in the late-'70s/early-80's. One of my sources informed me that he had seen a profile of one in natural metal finish, with the national flag on the fin and a red bort number on the nose. Is there any truth to this?
        Last edited by gkozak; 11th January 2011, 23:58.

Comment

• DJ.
          DJ.
          Rank 5 Registered User

Serbian and Romanian AFs completed joint exerice Air solution 2009

Comment

• googeler
            Rank 5 Registered User

Egyptian Mi-6
            http://www.aircraftslides.com/Auctio...aspx?ID=575457
            Djibouti Mi-17, Mi-2 and Ecureuil
            http://www.aircraftslides.com/Auctio...earch=Djibouti

Comment

• talltower
              Avid Raptor Fan

Belgian F-16A MLU

FAC (Chilean Air Force) F-16C Blk 50
              Lockheed Martin Boeing F-22 Raptor: World's largest distributor of Sukhoi parts!!!

Comment

• googeler
                Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by talltower View Post

Belgian F-16A MLU
                Great! What's next? RAF? USAF maybe?
                A friendly advice mate: look back trough the thread, see what kind of "small" air forces pictures we post.
                You certainly won't find NATO F-16.
                As I've said on the previous page, stuff that you can find in the hundreds on every aviation photo site does not fit the purpose of this thread.

Comment

• Vatche
                  Rank 5 Registered User

Lebanese Air Force Mirage III.

Comment

• Dodger67
                    Rank 5 Registered User

South Africa might cancel A400M but wants maritime aircraft.

South Africa's Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Defence is currently investigating the consequences of the delay in the Airbus A400M production schedule. Hard questions are being asked about the deal which may face cancellation due to costs more than doubling.
                    http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.ph...612&Itemid=350

Meanwhile the SAAF have announced a requirement for an all new Maritime Patrol and Surveillance fleet. The requirement is for five long-range Patrol aircraft armed with anti-surface and anti-submarine weapons. A further 8 smaller unarmed Surveillance aircraft are required for policing the EEZ.
                    http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.ph...592&Itemid=350

Further details posted on a SAAF related web forum has revealed that CASA 295's are the unnoficial "pre-race favourites" in the long-range, armed role and Beech King Air350ER's (probably equipped with optronics suites) for EEZ surveillance.
                    http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/vi...=2129&start=15

The SAAF currently operates 11 C47TP "TurboDaks" in a limited MR role but these WW2 vintage aircraft are due for retirement by 2014.
                    Last edited by Dodger67; 15th October 2009, 18:43.

Comment

• gkozak
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Aum Shinrikyo Mi-17

I don't know if this exactly qualifies as a small air force, but it's pretty strange, nonetheless. The Aum Shinrikyo cult (the nuts that released Sarin in the Tokyo subway system in 1995) obtained an Mi-17. I believe the characters on the tail boom include the "aum" symbol, but I am not certain.
                      Last edited by gkozak; 9th May 2011, 03:12.

Comment

• the_baphomet_00
                        Rank 5 Registered User

Paraguayan AT-27 tucano & At-26 Xavante...

http://www.fuerzaaerea.mil.py

regards.-

Comment

• tempestII
                          Rank 5 Registered User

As part of the SADC Forces at Lohatlha was this Bell UH-1 "Huey" from Zambia.

Comment

• contrailjj
                            Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by gkozak View Post
                            Does anybody know the code above the flag on the fuselage of this Liberian Mi-2? Images of Liberian aircraft and helicopters are quite rare. Does anybody have any additional images? I have a Cessna 206, but little else. Thanks.
                            I've sure I've seen (and saved) another angle of this helo - will did through my archives.
                            Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is a war room!

Comment

• talltower
                              Avid Raptor Fan

Zimbabwean Hawker Hunter FGA.9

Mi-35 Hind
                              Lockheed Martin Boeing F-22 Raptor: World's largest distributor of Sukhoi parts!!!

Comment

• gkozak
                                Rank 5 Registered User

Thanks!

Originally posted by tempestII View Post
                                As part of the SADC Forces at Lohatlha was this Bell UH-1 "Huey" from Zambia.

Very nice- thanks! Do you know if it has a fin flash?

Comment

• flex297

Very nice- thanks! Do you know if it has a fin flash?
                                  Yes, probably even tail rotor stripes in Zambian colors

Comment

• MvS
                                    MvS
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Senegal CASA 212

Senegal CASA 212

http://www.aviationcorner.net/show_photo.asp?id=135013

Comment

• the_baphomet_00
                                      Rank 5 Registered User

guys, this is a very rare and unique Iranian phantom... because its a IRIAF F-4E with a sharkmouth..!!

IRIAF 3-6548 / Bushehr Air Base-6TFB / june 13th:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran-...-4E/1594125/L/

regards.-

Comment

• Levsha
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by the_baphomet_00 View Post
                                        guys, this is a very rare and unique Iranian phantom... because its a IRIAF F-4E with a sharkmouth..!!
                                        Why is it so rare to see Sharkmouths on Iranian planes?

Is it because the depiction of animate objects (people, animals) in any art form frowned upon, if not forbidden, by many Islamic authorities who regard it as a false form of Idolatry?
                                        Last edited by Levsha; 17th October 2009, 13:50.

Comment

• Cy24driver1
                                          Rank 5 Registered User

I have read rumors regarding Mi-8s/17s and Do-228s operated by Bhutan, marked with the circular roundel below. Can anybody confirm this? Also, I have read about two MiG-17Fs operated by Equatorial Guinea in the late-'70s/early-80's. One of my sources informed me that he had seen a profile of one in natural metal finish, with the national flag on the fin and a red bort number on the nose. Is there any truth to this?

Seeing you bringing that issue up once again, I have no wonder how you're deeply attached to minor, exotic air arms like Bhutanese one. :diablo:

Why don't you ask around some of webmasters running Indian AF themed websites on internet? That should be the fastest way to get anything that is Bhutanese. since they're heavily dependent on India militarily.

Who knows? they'd dig up some interesting article published in Indian AF magazine, blazing the Indian AF feat of donating a second-hand Do-228 to the Kingdom of Bhutan.

Nepalese Y-5 biplane, IL-14 Crate, Mi-4P Hound

One of Percival C.66 Pembrokes formerly with ZAF turned into scrap metal at Livingston IAP

Nigerian L-29 Delfin, Piaggio P-149D

Ugandan Police Air Wing (Westland Scout)

Egyptian Alpha Jet MS.2, Yak-11
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Cy24driver1; 17th October 2009, 20:38.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X