Register Free

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressive Weapons Load 2 (again)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kfeltenberger View Post
    The picture with the rocket pods got me to wondering why it seems that rocket pods tend to be used more by European air arms than the US (Navy, Marines, and AF)? Is there a reason why one would favor mostly rockets over mostly bombs, or is it more a doctrinal issue?
    Rocket pods were mostly dropped in the early 1980s. Just like on your side of the pond.
    Regards,

Arthur
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell

Comment

German RF-4 with 6 Bl-755 and 3 Mk-83... and 26 Mk-82 on the F-15...

1Saludo
      Attached Files
      Revista Ejercitos, sometime She will back...

Comment

Iranian AH-1J Cobra with a Maverick...

Comment

Originally posted by skyrider View Post
          Is it really safe to hang a bomb like that under the Huey's center line?
          For the poor guys staying on the ground, surely not...
          ________
          Herbalaire Vaporizers
          Last edited by Merlock; 4th March 2011, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by roberto_yeager View Post
            and 26 Mk-82 on the F-15...

1Saludo
            I only count 16- 4 MER (left & right wings, centerline and right conformal; doesn't appear to have a rack on the left conformal) loaded with 4 each. That looks like the development F-15B that became the F-15E demonstrator testing carriage options. Notice the MER on the right (top in that pic) conformal, instead of the 6 pylons built into the conformal that became standard on the E.

On closer inspection, it looks like the MER I thought was on the left wing is actually on the left conformal like the right, but I don't see anything on a left wing pylon.
            Last edited by Lightndattic; 16th December 2008, 17:22.
            Fly into heavy IADS with a great radar and sensor fusion, but no stealth, you will have complete situational awareness of the guy that kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ich Dien View Post
              FJ Fury with a pack of Bullpups
              Jeez. I imagine there are three more on the other wing?
              A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - George Bernard Shaw

flag@whitehouse.gov

Comment

Anybody know if the current production Eagles have the kinks worked out on the outer pylons? (They've never been used due to flutter IIRC even though they're there in every Eagle AFAIK.)
                Attached Files
                A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - George Bernard Shaw

flag@whitehouse.gov

Comment

Some Random Pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sferrin View Post
                    Anybody know if the current production Eagles have the kinks worked out on the outer pylons? (They've never been used due to flutter IIRC even though they're there in every Eagle AFAIK.)
                    That's the first time I've seen those carry anything other than an ECM pod. I'm dying to know too.
                    Fly into heavy IADS with a great radar and sensor fusion, but no stealth, you will have complete situational awareness of the guy that kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightndattic View Post
                      That's the first time I've seen those carry anything other than an ECM pod. I'm dying to know too.
                      There are several photos from the flight test developement program that had them being used. I'm fairly certain there's one in the first Impressive Loads thread.

flag@whitehouse.gov

Comment

Originally posted by Lightndattic View Post
                        I only count 16- 4 MER (left & right wings, centerline and right conformal; doesn't appear to have a rack on the left conformal) loaded with 4 each. That looks like the development F-15B that became the F-15E demonstrator testing carriage options. Notice the MER on the right (top in that pic) conformal, instead of the 6 pylons built into the conformal that became standard on the E.

On closer inspection, it looks like the MER I thought was on the left wing is actually on the left conformal like the right, but I don't see anything on a left wing pylon.

It's a error, I put 26 instead of 16... sorry...

Jeez. I imagine there are three more on the other wing?
                        No, there are two more and one guidance unit, so five bullpup (also its impressive too!!)...

And today one Jaguar...

1Saludo
                        Attached Files

Comment

1Saludo

Comment

I need some photos of the Mirage 4000 with the drop tanks with twin Matra Magic launchers...

And here one of a spanish EF-2000 with a twin IRIS-T launcher...

1Saludo

Comment

SU-34 drop bombs
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tango III View Post
                                SU-34 drop bombs
                                That thing is cool. I just wish they'd give it a better paint job.

flag@whitehouse.gov

Comment

That thing is cool. I just wish they'd give it a better paint job.
                                  Yeah most Russian stuff these days is painted blue. And most planes have a teal painted cockpit.

Comment

Tornado GR4 armed with Brimstone Anti Armour missiles and ALARM.

Two Tornado GR1's armed to the teeth with ALARM.

Bye-Bye airfield defence! :diablo:

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/att...1&d=1231533835
                                    Attached Files
                                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, that tornado it's great!

Now one about Derby AAM...

1Saludo
                                      Attached Files

Comment

One rare of a F-16A (prototype?) with wingtip AIM-7

1Saludo
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by roberto_yeager; 19th January 2009, 11:15.

Comment

Early production Typhoon with 4 Meteor's, 2 ASRAAM's, 12 Brimstone's and 3 drop tanks.

Early production Typhoon with 4 Meteor's, 2 ASRAAM's, 2 LGB's, 2 Storm Shadow's, 2 ALARM's and 1 drop tank. NICE!

Harrier GR7 over Afghanistan with 1 LGB, 1 1000lb/500lb(?) dumb bomb, and 2 drop tanks.

BAE Systems Harrier GR9, (Test aircraft I believe) with 12 Brimstone's and 2 AIM-9's.

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/att...1&d=1233184629
                                          Attached Files
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X