Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLAAF News, Photos and Speculation #12

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don Chan
    Rank V Registered User

] You also have to find a way to synchronize both engines.

"Thank you, Mr Data."

For the J-8, I don't think the Chicom had access to the look-alike Su-15, but the Chicom probably had access to the former South Viet Nam and US planes, intact or not, in unified Viet Nam.
    Republic of Korea Air Force KF-16 missing photographs

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-databas...irforce/ROKAF/

Comment

• crobato
      Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by Don Chan View Post

"Thank you, Mr Data."

For the J-8, I don't think the Chicom had access to the look-alike Su-15, but the Chicom probably had access to the former South Viet Nam and US planes, intact or not, in unified Viet Nam.

They would have grasp on those principles using the J-6 alone, which has two engines.
      pb::

Comment

• J-20 Hotdog

"Thank you, Mr Data."

there was this strange chap here (i think Pakistani) who was quite close to Crobato. He argues that the J-8 is based on the Mikoyan Ye-152

Comment

• coolieno99
          Rank 5 Registered User

China and Russia to Launch Joint Mission to Mars.

Credit: xyz - CDF
          Last edited by coolieno99; 13th March 2009, 06:24. Reason: add charts

Comment

• ante_climax

it all comes from lack of respect for IP by the population and that takes time to build up. And they certainly have a lot to work on still, but it certainly has nothing to do with being a democracy. If China was a democracy, it'd still be copying. I find a lot of Indians on this forum and other forums enjoying to state that India has a nation is different from China because it is a democracy. Like seriously, drop that.
            To this I totally agree. This is a problem in India and many other asian countries as well. We have a system here where people do not respect software as they respect hardware, what I mean is stealing a computer is considered immoral, stealing an O.S is ok, you don't see mothers scolding their children about it etc.

Coming back to the point, the population doing it and manufacturers doing it are totally different. Now I would say for most of Asia, Eastern Europe etc. It will take a long time to respect the copyrights. But thats with regards to the people, not the companies. China is reaping the rewards of globalization and I think it should play fair when it comes to IP rights.

As for my friend who talks about the Chinese phones, There are three kinds of Chinese Phones and goods in our market, one are made by the likes of Nokia in China, they are excellent, the others are made by good Chinese brands, I had a bird/fly handset and my Liteon DVD RW had like 1000 writes and still going fine. Now if these companies can play fair why cannot the others ? We have iphone clones which stops working every 3-4 months, phones without IMEI numbers, Phones which contain harmful chemicals and look exactly the same as a Nokia or SE.

Its not a matter China's inability to produce quality products with indigenous design its that their sales are mostly driven by cheap ripoffs .

Coming back to the J 11, I would rather believe Sukhoi sources than a forum like Sinodefense. Especially now that the Chinese government has not delayed allegations by the Sukhoi chief. Most arguments from Chinese posters here and eslewhere are against the IP rights and very few argues that China did not break them.

Comment

• Don Chan
              Rank V Registered User

] He argues that the J-8 is based on the Mikoyan Ye-152

I think the English Wikipedia claims that.

] China and Russia to Launch Joint Mission to Mars.

This is the PLAAF-bashing, eh, I mean "PLAAF News, Photos and Speculation #12" thread, comrade.

Yomp over to here
              http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16609
              for the Chicom space programme thread, comrade.

Comment

• 21Ankush

Originally posted by tphuang View Post
                it all comes from lack of respect for IP by the population and that takes time to build up. And they certainly have a lot to work on still, but it certainly has nothing to do with being a democracy. If China was a democracy, it'd still be copying. I find a lot of Indians on this forum and other forums enjoying to state that India has a nation is different from China because it is a democracy. Like seriously, drop that.
                Show one case where a company as large as Tatas, Mahindra, L&T or any other such company has stolen or blatantly lifted a design and passed it off as their own..India has a judiciary system where if that did happen, the company would be taken to court in no time at all. IP will not be respected by smaller players, who have little at stake and don't feel that they're at risk of being caught, but the larger firms are very conscious about it.

Comment

• coolieno99
                  Rank 5 Registered User

This is the PLAAF-bashing, .... .
                  I am not bother by all these PLAAF-bashings. The more they bashed, the stronger China gets.
                  BTW, those sampling tools for the Mars mission were developed at Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

Comment

• crobato
                    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by ante_climax View Post
                    To this I totally agree. This is a problem in India and many other asian countries as well. We have a system here where people do not respect software as they respect hardware, what I mean is stealing a computer is considered immoral, stealing an O.S is ok, you don't see mothers scolding their children about it etc.

Coming back to the point, the population doing it and manufacturers doing it are totally different. Now I would say for most of Asia, Eastern Europe etc. It will take a long time to respect the copyrights. But thats with regards to the people, not the companies. China is reaping the rewards of globalization and I think it should play fair when it comes to IP rights.

As for my friend who talks about the Chinese phones, There are three kinds of Chinese Phones and goods in our market, one are made by the likes of Nokia in China, they are excellent, the others are made by good Chinese brands, I had a bird/fly handset and my Liteon DVD RW had like 1000 writes and still going fine. Now if these companies can play fair why cannot the others ? We have iphone clones which stops working every 3-4 months, phones without IMEI numbers, Phones which contain harmful chemicals and look exactly the same as a Nokia or SE.
                    I'm sorry but judging a country by what some companies do is ridiculous. By the same token I would say food in America is all tainted because of what that company Peanuts of America did.

Coming back to the J 11, I would rather believe Sukhoi sources than a forum like Sinodefense. Especially now that the Chinese government has not delayed allegations by the Sukhoi chief. Most arguments from Chinese posters here and eslewhere are against the IP rights and very few argues that China did not break them.
                    Sorry what? Sukhoi provided licenses to China, and China can do whatever it wishes for the sole defense of the nation. Don't accuse China of exporting something simply for the potential that China might export it. That's dumb logic which will be immediately thrown out in any court around the world. You can only accuse when they actually did it, and they never did nor even suggest the possibility they would. Its just Sukhoi imagining things.

Sukhoi is just getting sore that the China managed to indigenize an aircraft to a level better than the Su-30MK2 and not using their less than reliable components.
                    pb::

Comment

• Showtime 100
                      Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by crobato View Post
                      Sorry what? Sukhoi provided licenses to China, and China can do whatever it wishes for the sole defense of the nation. Don't accuse China of exporting something simply for the potential that China might export it. That's dumb logic which will be immediately thrown out in any court around the world. You can only accuse when they actually did it, and they never did nor even suggest the possibility they would. Its just Sukhoi imagining things.

Sukhoi is just getting sore that the China managed to indigenize an aircraft to a level better than the Su-30MK2 and not using their less than reliable components.
                      Agree! During Zuhai 2002 air show. Shenyang already make clear of its J-11B plan. Why didn't Sukhoi raise up that issue that time? Do u know what? Instead they just make a claim that Shenyang plan to indigenous their Su-27 will take longer than they expected around. And they believe by the time they succeed it.The design already will be outdated which will pose no threat to their Sukhoi.

See, now what happen??? They start to make noise when Chinese prove smarter than they thought and they eat their words
                      Take control of yrself and u will control the world!

Comment

• J-20 Hotdog

Originally posted by crobato View Post
                        I'm sorry but judging a country by what some companies do is ridiculous. By the same token I would say food in America is all tainted because of what that company Peanuts of America did.
                        but.. that wouldn't be far from the truth. there's tons of weird crap in American food

some one lurks this forum for free pics..

Comment

• Don Chan
                          Rank V Registered User

http://mil.news.qingnet.cn/sky/200812/0288907.htm
                          to
                          http://mil.news.qingnet.cn/sky/200812/0288907_2.htm

Reportedly a ground-level photo and overview of a PLAAF experimental/training AB in the Badain Jaran Desert, Inner Mongolia.

Comment

• ante_climax

Not even bothered to reply on the things said before this that China is right to copy eveyrhting for its national defense.

But tell me really how the J 11B is better than SU 30 MK2 ? By the specs ? Why don't you take it out of China to Frankfurt or some other airshow and give people joy rides. ?? I guess because if you do that you will get found out. China has always relied on numbers, so inferior flanker copies in large numbers should be good enough against any potential rivals in the region.

Comment

• Showtime 100
                              Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by ante_climax View Post
                              Not even bothered to reply on the things said before this that China is right to copy eveyrhting for its national defense.

But tell me really how the J 11B is better than SU 30 MK2 ? By the specs ? Why don't you take it out of China to Frankfurt or some other airshow and give people joy rides. ?? I guess because if you do that you will get found out. China has always relied on numbers, so inferior flanker copies in large numbers should be good enough against any potential rivals in the region.
                              Copy? Does Russian used type 1471 radar? Wide angle HUD?

Sorry to burst yr bubble.China already pay for the right of the airframe blueprint.

We use J-10 for joyride is better. Cos its more fun. And I heard some Russian analyst who witness J-10 performances has only praise for it.
                              Last edited by Showtime 100; 14th March 2009, 10:08.

Comment

• plawolf
                                aggresive member

Originally posted by Showtime 100 View Post

Sorry to burst yr bubble.China already pay for the right of the airframe blueprint.

We use J-10 for joyride is better. Cos its more fun. And I heard some Russian analyst who witness J-10 performances has only praise for it.
                                Ignore the troll. All he cares about is trying to bash all things China in order to get some measure of 'payback' for 1962. You are only wasting time in even reading his posts. Life is too short, just add him to your ignore list like me.
                                the true power of religion does not lie with the deity, it lies with the priests.

Comment

• plawolf
                                  aggresive member

Originally posted by 21Ankush View Post
                                  Absolute BS.

"India's pharmaceutical industry is the fourth-largest in the world in terms of volume, with exports reaching an estimated 200 countries globally. But this has been achieved largely because India has been reluctant to allow the patenting of pharmaceutical products."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GC24Df04.html

India has been ripping off patented drugs for decades. And I also remember a recent case of Russians suing Indian for ripping-off kalashnikovs.

Kindly get off your high horse and quite the trolling.
                                  the true power of religion does not lie with the deity, it lies with the priests.

Comment

• Showtime 100
                                    Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by plawolf View Post
                                    Ignore the troll. All he cares about is trying to bash all things China in order to get some measure of 'payback' for 1962. You are only wasting time in even reading his posts. Life is too short, just add him to your ignore list like me.
                                    U are correct. We shouldn't be so concern of India. Actually I pity them needing to pay extortion fee to get their carrier project going on. They looks so helpless. :diablo:

Comment

• ante_climax

Wow wide angled Hug and Type 1471 radar. How does it compare to the Bars ?

Not according to Sukhoi Chief who claims China copied the Flanker illegally.

Russian Journalist not Analyst, lotta diff between the two. We all know where the J 10s roots lie.

Comment

• Showtime 100
                                        Rank 5 Registered User

Originally posted by plawolf View Post
                                        Absolute BS.

"India's pharmaceutical industry is the fourth-largest in the world in terms of volume, with exports reaching an estimated 200 countries globally. But this has been achieved largely because India has been reluctant to allow the patenting of pharmaceutical products."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GC24Df04.html

India has been ripping off patented drugs for decades. And I also remember a recent case of Russians suing Indian for ripping-off kalashnikovs.

Kindly get off your high horse and quite the trolling.
                                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3466117.stm

Kalashnikov upset by Indian 'copy'

The Russian company behind the world's most infamous rifle, the Kalashnikov AK-47, is up in arms over an alleged copy made by India's state weapons maker.
                                        Representatives from Izhmash, the gun's original manufacturer, discovered what they see as an Indian rip-off of the AK-47 at an arms fair in Delhi.

But India's Ordnance Factory Board says the weapon is different enough to count as a distinct design.

AK-47 copies are produced in dozens of countries, but only a handful have formally licensed it.

The row blew up, Izhmash representatives told Agence France Presse news agency, when the man who invented the AK-47 in World War II visited OFB's pavilion at the arms fair and saw what he thought was a copy of his brainchild.

"I don't see any permission being given to India to manufacture the rifle" and sell it for export, said Izhmash's Andrei Vishnyakov.

Russia is India's largest supplier of weapons - although not of AK-47s.

'Threat'

The new weapon has yet to appear on OFB's website, which advertises products ranging from pistols to main battle tanks.

Still, OFB staff were keen to deny the accusation.

"The cocking mechanism is different, the lever has been changed and the barrel is chrome-plated," OFB gun designer Mohammad Ali told AFP.

For general manager MK Garg, Izhmash's complaint rests on a false premise.

"The Russian Kalashnikov was made in 1947 and no patent in the armament industry is valid beyond 30 years," he said.

"It seems they are threatened by our product."

Who owns what?

Izhmash has run into copyright problems before.

Russian companies spent two years disputing who controlled rights to the AK-47 before Izhmash finally won sole control in 2002.

But the millions of copies sold in arms bazaars over the world - and appearing on at least one national flag (Mozambique's) as well - have yet to produce much in the way of royalties.
                                        India can only copy simple rifle but can only drool dreaming copying sophiscated aircraft, tanks and warships, submarine..

As I say, they use respecting intecllectual property as a smokescreen to cover up their technology short coming for unable to clone any of the more advance Russian system.

Now see, what Indian supporter got to say? Respect intellectual military property right? My Foot!! And plawolf, now they fell off from their high horse! Haha...:diablo:
                                        Last edited by Showtime 100; 14th March 2009, 13:38.

Comment

• J-20 Hotdog

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3466117.stm

India can only copy simple rifle but can only drool dreaming copying sophiscated aircraft, tanks and warships, submarine..

As I say, they use respecting intecllectual property as a smokescreen to cover up their technology short coming for unable to clone any of the more advance Russian system.

Now see, what Indian supporter got to say? Respect intellectual military property right? My Foot!! And plawolf, now they fell off from their high horse! Haha...:diablo:
                                          lol, fight indian trolls with china trolls. the battle of the developing countries!
                                          This site is for you!
                                          http://www.centurychina.com/plaboard/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X