Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of Croatian Armed Forces and their Equipment

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Domobran
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Apr 2006

Gripen!!!

Comment

• Domobran
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Argo View Post
      Yes, and we would be forced to increase spending for our military. SO, let's hope we do enter, but the biggest problem is bad image that NATO has in CRoatia. Currently, only 33% is for membership...
      So its basicly based on a vote?

Comment

• Domobran
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Apr 2006

Croatian made UAV

Comment

• cvrle
          • Jan 2007

I'll chime in...

As regards the video Slobo linked to, the end of the film shows a newspaper mentioning Cakovec, a town in north-west Croatia in the region of Medjimurje. Can't really tell the make of the plane, but a J-21 is possible...

As for Ustasa's pictures

The APS-95 assault rifle was never in wide-spread use by the Croatian armed forces- it's generally considered to be a failure.

The new fighter jet question has not been decided yet. The decision should come this year (because the MIGs are all high-hour airframes and should be replaced by 2010), but the President at the CroAF Day said that this would be depended on the budget. While most of the operational staff seems to favour the Gripen, the decision is by no means a shoe-in. Recent trips by the Prime Minister to the US show that the F-16 is still a strong contender.

The AFV decision should have been reached this year, but has been postponed. Why exactly is not clear.
          The decision is still up between Pandur by Steyr and Patria AMV.

Presently, there are no concrete (publicly-known) plans for Croatia to purchase UAV-s for surveillance. During the war for independence, there was a large cottage-industry for producing small recce UAV-s, and it seems that some are still in service.

The coastal launchers MOL (RBS-15 on Tatra trucks) are, for all intents and purposes, mothballed. They made no appearance at any of the recent military parades.

The new helicopters are in repayment of Russia's debt to Croatia (actually, the part of USSR's debt to Yugoslavia that was alloted to Croatia). There are only 10 because the AF opted for a comprehensive package (it is only unclear if AT missiles will be included).

The Mil-24 attack helicopters are down (non-flyable), and are being sold for 500.000 US dollars for the lot of 13 helicopters.

Cheers!

EDIT: about the new assault rifle- it's going through tests, and not much news (any) is filtering to the public. The Croatian Army needs a new assault rifle, and it will probably bee either the New Croatian One or the G-36.

ps. sorry for the off-topic parts of the post!
          Last edited by cvrle; 12th January 2007, 16:38.

Comment

• Storch
            Rank 5 Registered User
            • Jul 2006

A little out of topic......

I've heard somewhere that the bosnian army, had received all the stock of 36 OF-40 MBT built in italy in the 80'es for Abu Dhabi....
            From what i know they were transferred in 1997.
            Someone know if it's the truth??
            And if is it true they are still operative???

I know that is a little out of 3d but pls respond to me..........

Comment

• Domobran
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cvrle View Post
              I'll chime in...

As regards the video Slobo linked to, the end of the film shows a newspaper mentioning Cakovec, a town in north-west Croatia in the region of Medjimurje. Can't really tell the make of the plane, but a J-21 is possible...

As for Ustasa's pictures

The APS-95 assault rifle was never in wide-spread use by the Croatian armed forces- it's generally considered to be a failure.

The new fighter jet question has not been decided yet. The decision should come this year (because the MIGs are all high-hour airframes and should be replaced by 2010), but the President at the CroAF Day said that this would be depended on the budget. While most of the operational staff seems to favour the Gripen, the decision is by no means a shoe-in. Recent trips by the Prime Minister to the US show that the F-16 is still a strong contender.

The AFV decision should have been reached this year, but has been postponed. Why exactly is not clear.

Presently, there are no concrete (publicly-known) plans for Croatia to purchase UAV-s for surveillance. During the war for independence, there was a large cottage-industry for producing small recce UAV-s, and it seems that some are still in service.

The coastal launchers MOL (RBS-15 on Tatra trucks) are, for all intents and purposes, mothballed. They made no appearance at any of the recent military parades.

The new helicopters are in repayment of Russia's debt to Croatia (actually, the part of USSR's debt to Yugoslavia that was alloted to Croatia). There are only 10 because the AF opted for a comprehensive package (it is only unclear if AT missiles will be included).

The Mil-24 attack helicopters are down (non-flyable), and are being sold for 500.000 US dollars for the lot of 13 helicopters.

Cheers!

EDIT: about the new assault rifle- it's going through tests, and not much news (any) is filtering to the public. The Croatian Army needs a new assault rifle, and it will probably bee either the New Croatian One or the G-36.

For the UAVs they already planned and decided to buy 2 of them from isreal for now. U can look it up at nacional.hr. For the APS-95 i know already that its not widesperd. And as for the mils the minister of defence Roncevic said that they will stay n will probly become flyable in case of an attack as i read.

For the planes 14 undecided(Gripen or F-16) invested 550 milion euros also for the transportes which will be the pandur 2 http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30541/
              Last edited by Domobran; 12th January 2007, 21:36.

Comment

• Hawk75
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Storch View Post
                I've heard somewhere that the bosnian army, had received all the stock of 36 OF-40 MBT built in italy in the 80'es for Abu Dhabi....
                From what i know they were transferred in 1997.
                Someone know if it's the truth??
                And if is it true they are still operative???

I know that is a little out of 3d but pls respond to me..........
                No, they have 50 AMX-30 and 45 M-60A3 from donation.

http://www.csees.net/?page=country_s...try_id=2&sec=8

Comment

• Domobran
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cvrle View Post
                  I'll chime in...

As for Ustasa's pictures

Cheers!

For the UAVs they already planned and decided to buy 2 of them from isreal for now. U can look it up at nacional.hr. For the APS-95 i know already that its not widesperd. And as for the mils the minister of defence Roncevic said that they will stay n will probly become flyable in case of an attack as i read.

For the planes 14 undecided(Gripen or F-16) invested 550 milion euros also for the transportes which will be the pandur 2 http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30541/

Comment

• Domobran
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Apr 2006

INA oil company

This has nothing to do with the military but smthing very important happend
                    Our oil company INA found huge amounts of oil in Egypt. It has enough for the next 25-30 years. This is a huge boost in our economy.

http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30411/3/

Also we are in a new pipeline project with americans and russians. There oil we will channel through our adriatic sea to the rest of europe

http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30226/3/
                    Last edited by Domobran; 13th January 2007, 06:07.

Comment

• cvrle
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ustasa View Post

No UAVs were budgeted for in 2005 or 2006. Nacional is not always the best source of information- especially as the article you linked to is a re-write of an article from T-portal.

The original article states "As things stand, the Pandur II is Croatia's choice" No official decision was announced.

The Mil-25s are not flyable- their fligh hours are used up and they've been rotting on the ground for the past few years (Shame, as I really like the chopper). Trying to fly one would be suicide.

Cheers!

Comment

• Domobran
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Apr 2006

And for the RBS-15 missiles n the trucks are not mothballed n they appeard last year at the croatian armed forces day

And for the UAV's u can look it up on hrvatski vojnik not just on Nacional

And for the jets, they said even though the F-16 is one of the most known jet in the world the Jas is more of a contender unofically. And i agree. The F-16 can be more easly be shot down by anti-aircraft missiles and picked up by radar. And u have to be on good terms with the americans at all times to get spare parts n stuff like that unlike with the sweeds.
                        Last edited by Domobran; 13th January 2007, 19:00.

Comment

• Domobran
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Apr 2006

More pix

Mirko Filipovic A.K.A crocop(K-1 pride fighter)

our president

Vests Made in Croatia

Last edited by Domobran; 13th January 2007, 22:38.

Comment

• Gollevainen
                            The Hermit
                            • Nov 2005

bit more of Croatian navy and LOT more of their artillery would please my eye...and little less these fancy special forces/commandoes...they always steals the show from those branches that really makes the difference.
                            God wanted to create world and figured out that it would take ten days
                            ...Gollevainen gave him six...

Comment

• Domobran
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Apr 2006

ok

Last edited by Domobran; 14th January 2007, 19:15.

Comment

• cvrle
                                • Jan 2007

MOL - I forgot it was there, the other stuff interested me more. I also said, quote "For all intents and purposes, mothballed". Since English is not my mother tounge, I considered this phrase to be most adequate for something you drive once in a while and don't really use. Also, in the picture it is obvious that the launcher is empty (look at the truck's suspension). They probably used the expended launcher boxes from RTOP "Petar Kresimir IV" or "ibenik".

As for the UAV-s, I tried to search Hrvatski Vojnik, but came up empty. So the fact remains that the UAV-s were not budgeted for, as far as I know. There could have been preliminary talks, but I'm not aware of a firm order or purchase.

For those interested, the Croatian modeling forum www.modelarstvo.net has a thread on Mig-21's

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1249

and Mi-8's

http://www.maketarstvo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3017

Comment

• Modly
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Oct 2005

Comment

• Modly
                                    Rank 5 Registered User
                                    • Oct 2005

Comment

• Modly
                                      Rank 5 Registered User
                                      • Oct 2005

Comment

• Modly
                                        Rank 5 Registered User
                                        • Oct 2005

Comment

• Modly
                                          Rank 5 Registered User
                                          • Oct 2005

Serbian armour....

Last edited by Modly; 14th January 2007, 21:48.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                          X