Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan Air Force

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaximumG
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Apr 2011

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1927981...jf-17-thunder/
    Video inside.

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) successfully test-fired indigenously developed extended range smart weapon from JF-17 multi-role fighter aircraft on Tuesday.

The experiment marked a great milestone for the country as the weapon has been developed, integrated and qualified solely through indigenous efforts of Pakistani scientists and engineers, said a statement issued by the PAF.

The successful trial has provided JF-17 Thunder a very potent and assured day and night capability to engage variety of targets with pinpoint accuracy, it added.
    Lauding the efforts of Pakistani scientists and engineers, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan congratulated the PAF personnel on the achievement of this monumental indigenous capability.

Pakistan is a peace loving nation but if subjected to aggression by adversary, we would respond with full force, he was quoted by the PAF spokesperson as saying.
    Any idea what munition we talking about?

Comment

• Deino
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by MaximumG View Post
      https://tribune.com.pk/story/1927981...jf-17-thunder/
      Video inside.

Any idea what munition we talking about?
      >Maybe this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAF JF-17 + extended range glide bomb.jpg
Views:	2340
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	3855584

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
      My working week and my Sunday rest,
      My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
      I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
      Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
      Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
      For nothing now can ever come to any good.
      -------------------------------------------------
      W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• skumar7777
        • Mar 2019

Flame baiting but cannot resist Please report.

Pakistan is the nation that
        1. denied Osama bin Laden was in its territory while he was living cozily a few hundred yards from major military establishments
        2. denied Dawood Ibrahim was ever in Pakistan for decades
        3. denied that Kasab (the perpetrator of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks captured alive, caught on cameras and in live witness accounts) was a Pakistani citizen
        4. denied that any of the dead in the Kargil war belonged to its army and refused to accept the dead bodies of its Northern Light Infantry soldiers, later acknowledged by deposed dictator Musharraf
        5. in the latest instance, denied that F16s were used, we will see how the cookie crumbles in this one.
        All of the above came from the Pakistani government through official statements, not through journalists, not though third parties, not through unnamed sources.

Comment

• Buran
          Rank 5 Registered User
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by skumar7777 View Post
          Flame baiting but cannot resist Please report.

Pakistan is the nation that
          1. denied Osama bin Laden was in its territory while he was living cozily a few hundred yards from major military establishments
          2. denied Dawood Ibrahim was ever in Pakistan for decades
          3. denied that Kasab (the perpetrator of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks captured alive, caught on cameras and in live witness accounts) was a Pakistani citizen
          4. denied that any of the dead in the Kargil war belonged to its army and refused to accept the dead bodies of its Northern Light Infantry soldiers, later acknowledged by deposed dictator Musharraf
          5. in the latest instance, denied that F16s were used, we will see how the cookie crumbles in this one.
          All of the above came from the Pakistani government through official statements, not through journalists, not though third parties, not through unnamed sources.
          Ah, That's ok. Other teenage girls go through this phase too and learn how to behave later. Hope you get through this too.

Comment

• skumar7777
            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Buran View Post

Ah, That's ok. Other teenage girls go through this phase too and learn how to behave later. Hope you get through this too.

Exactly the reason I came to this forum, to meet like minded teenage girls like you. Is that not what forums are for?

Now to the substance, with respect to the F16 shoot down in Pakistani counter strike, the only facts known are that the Indian Air Force has claimed to shoot down a F16 and has said it has electronic signatures and provided evidence of parts of an AMRAAM missile used from F16s. The Pakistani government has denied the same and the US government has not confirmed or denied it.

There is a lot of discussion on which forum where incredulity is expressed on how a Mig 21 shot down a F16, however the simple point missed is that it is not the Mig 21 of the 60s.

I am going to refer to the Balakot strikes.

The only facts known in this case are that the Indian government has claimed a successful hit, no information on number of casualties, all the bunkum is quoted from sources quoting other unnamed sources.

Pakistan (not journalists, not third parties) has refuted the strikes and has said that there was no damage.

Pakistan has denied permission to international journalists to visit the actual site after initially saying they will take them on a ground tour and then only allowing them as far as the base of the hill top.

Comment

• BlackArcher
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Dec 2010

Exactly the reason I came to this forum, to meet like minded teenage girls like you. Is that not what forums are for?

Now to the substance, with respect to the F16 shoot down in Pakistani counter strike, the only facts known are that the Indian Air Force has claimed to shoot down a F16 and has said it has electronic signatures and provided evidence of parts of an AMRAAM missile used from F16s. The Pakistani government has denied the same and the US government has not confirmed or denied it.

There is a lot of discussion on which forum where incredulity is expressed on how a Mig 21 shot down a F16, however the simple point missed is that it is not the Mig 21 of the 60s.

I am going to refer to the Balakot strikes.

The only facts known in this case are that the Indian government has claimed a successful hit, no information on number of casualties, all the bunkum is quoted from sources quoting other unnamed sources.

Pakistan (not journalists, not third parties) has refuted the strikes and has said that there was no damage.

Pakistan has denied permission to international journalists to visit the actual site after initially saying they will take them on a ground tour and then only allowing them as far as the base of the hill top.
              I've seen reports within Pakistan itself that question why the Pakistan Govt. denied access to local and international journalists, if indeed only some trees had fallen nearby and no damage was caused to the facility.

I've seen a video posted by a Gilgit based analyst where a PA officer appears to be talking to some people who have lost their near and dear ones to the air strike. That senior PA officer refers to a figure of 200 people that died. But all that is evidence that won't be considered irrefutable, and so the Pakistan Govt. will continue to deny its involvement in terrorism, its direct support, arming and training of Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Taiba, or the effect of the airstrike.

Plausible deniability has always been the modus operandi. It won't change.

Comment

• TomcatViP
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Nov 2011

What kind of specialty have you with... teenage girls? C'mon, it's only a short days past women world day. *

EDIT:
                Originally posted by Skumar7777
                Seems Skumar7777 beat me on this

*Unless you want to share your experience as a woman,
                Last edited by TomcatViP; 14th March 2019, 21:05.

Comment

• skumar7777
                  • Mar 2019

Apologies if it has been posted already.

Enough With The Indian Mig-21 Bison Versus Pakistani F-16 Viper Bull****

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26880/enough-with-the-indian-mig-21-bison-versus-pakistani-f-16-viper-bull****

Comment

• Buran
                    Rank 5 Registered User
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TomcatViP View Post

What kind of specialty have you with... teenage girls? C'mon, it's only a short days past women world day. *

EDIT:

Seems Skumar7777 beat me on this

*Unless you want to share your experience as a woman,

Would have replied, if you had a good come back. Repeating the same line back is not fun or clever.

As far as this article goes, it clearly concludes:

"I have to make clear that we have zero evidence that a Pakistani F-16 was lost in combat. None. That does not mean it didn't happen, it just means that at this time we have no reason to believe it beyond taking India's word for it"

Comment

• skumar7777
                      • Mar 2019

"I have to make clear that we have zero evidence that a Pakistani F-16 was lost in combat. None. That does not mean it didn't happen, it just means that at this time we have no reason to believe it beyond taking India's word for it"
                      That is exactly what I have said earlier.

Let me put my crystal ball lens on - within the next couple of months before the US takes the next inventory of F16s sold to Pakistan, we will hear reports of a F16 crash.
                      Last edited by skumar7777; 16th March 2019, 14:54.

Comment

• Buran
                        Rank 5 Registered User
                        • Oct 2008

That is exactly what I have said earlier.

Let me put my crystal ball lens on - within the next couple of months before the US takes the next inventory of F16s sold to Pakistan, we will hear reports of a F16 crash.
                        Can you ask your crystal ball, how many F16s had crashed when the last inventory was taken?
                        No one else seems to know that perhaps you might.

Comment

• MaximumG
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Apr 2011

http://www.jf-17.com/2019/03/23/jf-1...abad-pakistan/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAP-8FTf94
                          JF-17 Thunder displayed its maneuvering power, tactics and flying capabilities at Islamabad on Pakistans resolution day.

Comment

• skumar7777
                            • Mar 2019

Can you ask your crystal ball, how many F16s had crashed when the last inventory was taken?
                            No one else seems to know that perhaps you might.
                            My crystal ball refused to answer since it did not understand the question.

Comment

• syedirtiza
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Feb 2010

PAF & Turkish Pilots Sporting Indian Sukhoi SU-30MKI and Mig 21''Kill'' Patches
                              Attached Files

Comment

• BlackArcher
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Dec 2010

So the propaganda has gotten to this level now?

Comment

• vikasrehman
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Apr 2004

While I'm enjoying a few days off in the very region where this aerial dogfight took place, I just thought of WC Abhinandan. Any idea of his whereabouts?
                                  Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                  X