Questions On How Russian Aircraft, Satellite and SAM Integration Works Basics?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

6 years 1 month

I am assuming the basics there would be a pantsir is slaved to a s-300 in Syria. Pantsir missiles and rounds can rely on s-300 radars and if an s-300 can not see a below the radar horizon target but a pantsir radar can s-300 launchers can still be used against the target. Is this correct?

However for this functionality to work is to have a control center like the polyana-d4m1 is needed but this control center has a limit to the amount of targets it can acquire on its radar screen. For example( I might be wrong with the air defense numbers) lets say the s-300 tracks 100 targets and the pantsir tracks 8 that are not part of the s-300's radar tracking. The control center will see 108 targets on its screen from acquiring 2 data channels from 2 separate radar sources but the max for tracking targets is 255 and detection is 500 for this particular control center. Now this is where my list of questions will come up.

Lets say there is a target entering Russia's airspace. RTI is planning to create a constellation of satellites and lets say they are all operational right now. Satellites were unable to track low altitude targets because of high interference but according to them super computers and along with software calculated the algorithms necessary to track low altitude targets. And because this is RTI we can assume Photonic Integrated Circuits are used with a claimed 100 noise floor level reduction. The satellite from above can see the top side of the target, an Su-35 sees the target from the front, and a SAM can see the belly of the target. All 3 data channels are processed to the Polyana-D4M1. Because of 3 different radar sources of the same target does the Polyana-D4M1 choose the best source getting the reflected signal from the target? And if lets say the satellite gets the best reflected signal, Polyana acknowledges it as the best radar source can the control center send a data channel to the SAM and Su-35 and can both of these use that data channel to track the target? Would it work like my above example with the pantsir and s-300 using polyana?

Original post

Member for

6 years 1 month

Awesome thanks for mentioning the datalink it has a 1,500km range for effective communication to command centers including those on the ground and there are future plans to have them on aircrafts, drones and helicopters. Meaning if RTI has a full constellation of new satellites with capabilities to track low altitude targets information can be sent to the control center or to the aircraft flying with glonass/gps with a possibility of their aircrafts being provided optional tracking capabilities(which we have yet to realize how good those tracking capabilities are).

The only future problem to this if there is a country similar to Russia that has developed a 3000km Murmansk-bn jammer to jam datalinks.

Member for

12 years 6 months

Thank you, do you have any data on target designation? As I understand Link-16 allows an aircraft to fire a missile on a target that has been designated by another fighter or an AWACS aircraft. I think the Soviet Union already tested this in advanced MiG-31 versions.

Member for

6 years 1 month

https://tass.com/defense/960570

"S-111 provides radio telephone communication and encrypted data exchange among various aircraft and also command centers (ground and sea-based and airborne). Its effective range of operation is up to 1,500 kilometers," the official said. "The system’s reliability is guaranteed by the multiple redundancy of the main functions and cutting edge technical solutions, as well as a wide range of radio channels."

S-111 is capable of transmitting a large amount of information through centimeter wavelength radio channels inside a group of planes.

The system is based on the modular principle, which allows for building up the number of channels and the range of functions performed and for using it on any aircraft, including helicopters Ka-52 Alligator, Mi-28NM, Ka-50, PSV, military transport planes (Ilyushin-76, Ilyushin-112, Antonov-124, PAK VTA), jet fighters and frontline aviation planes (T-50, MiG-31, Sukhoi-34), long-range planes (Tupolev-22M3M, Tupolev-160M, PAK DA) and drones."

Yes the datalink information allows the SU-57 to share its targeting information to other units. Although I say it is quite surprising that they gave us its effective range of communication.