Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCA Tejas and derivatives news and discussion (reincarnated)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vans
    Rank 5 Registered User
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Deino View Post

for you this forum is nothing but a playground? To posg stupid provoking comments, mocking others and twisting words...

no wonder that the Keyforum is known a kindergarten!
    IRC, all your posts in the Tejas section were strictly limited to.. Is it here yet? why is it late? All you've done in the Tejas section was make cheap shots at its schedule.

Like the others said.. J-20 is mostly harmless. but i noticed he seems to pick on people who are overly sensitive, for the LOLs

Comment

• Deino
      Rank 5 Registered User
      • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Vans View Post

IRC, all your posts in the Tejas section were strictly limited to.. Is it here yet? why is it late? All you've done in the Tejas section was make cheap shots at its schedule.

Like the others said.. J-20 is mostly harmless. but i noticed he seems to pick on people who are overly sensitive, for the LOLs

Thanks for your reply and maybe you are correct, my knowledge is limited on India but that should not prevent me - like others too - to raise certain maybe critical issues or simply the interest for news.

My point is, that given India's own ambitions the LCA is late IMO, it#s production rate too small and these constant evolutions to yet another iteration only delay it even more. So if it is inappropriate to rise such issues, then I should really leave this forum, but on the other side why is each critical question from my side replied by a stupid comment - sorry to say so, including in you post above - as if I would rate the J-20 the non-plus-ultra fighter, as if I would suggest the IAF to get the JF-17!?

I never did and I will never do so, so why opening up another side battle-field I never intented to open only since some don't like my comments?
      And by the way, you are complaining my limited or too less positive contribution to this topic ... is started countless random threads with comparisons of more value, is posting blatant lies in the Russian, Turkish or wherever section better than a critical question?

My concern - and indeed, I have a problem with this is - that we all have our favourites here and we are probably over critically nit-picking on other projects and that's fine, but I don't understand, why a critical question is sometimes rated a more severe "crime"- just look at the Turkish TFX thread - than posting pure rubbish, out of the blue and overhyped, simply false information? Why is it rated some sort of sin, ort even like a blasphemy to question the LCA, the TFX and even the Su-57? Why are each of these questions not replied in a technical manner but most often with an accusation "the J-20 is not better", "why suggest them to buy the JF-17" even if these issues are completely irrelevant. That's what I means. It's like in the Kindergarten: much easeier to open up another front, to twist words, to lie, even edit the own original post to make the other one look stupid and then even more to make fun of it, instead of given a decent reply?

Again, don't get me wrong, it is not as an offence and probably I indeed should reconsider my way of posting, but I am I the only one who sees the LCA critical?
      Given its long, long development history it was more than once re-evatuated, is still again being redesigned, enlarged and modified: The resulting Mk.2 is de facto a new aircraft, the naval Mk.2 even more and if you compare them with what was once planned, what was achieved and what is planned it is IMO at least allowed to ask.
      Not that re-evaluating, redesigning is something bad, it's just the norm, but if you compare the original Tejas TD, their evolution thru the prototypes and now LSP aircraft, the planned Mk.1A update and the future plans (Mk.2, naval Mk.2, trainers and even stealthy concepts) and put this all into perspective of India's own goals and ambitions and even more put the timetable on the side ... then I have very serious issues to say it is a successful project with a huge future prospect (again, given India's own plans).

Best,
      Deino
      Last edited by Deino; 7th August 2019, 07:26.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
      My working week and my Sunday rest,
      My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
      I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
      Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
      Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
      For nothing now can ever come to any good.
      -------------------------------------------------
      W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• Levsha
        Rank 5 Registered User
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by panzerfeist1 View Post
        no wonder that the Keyforum is known a kindergarten!

Cheer up. This forum is not that bad compared to another certain forum where there are a bunch of tards that cant tell the difference between the purpose of different air defense missiles and think 1 country is ahead of the other by comparing that country's new missile sensor about to come out to the Russians old one instead of their newer one coming out. Ironically users that have accounts over there and over here I see as the only knowledgeable users besides them having different interests from mine. I assure you the only reason they don't come to this forum is to save face from getting rekt.
        Yup, sounds like russiadefence.net.

Comment

• J-20
          Rank 4 Registered User
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Vans View Post

aww thanks to you and panzer fist. I agree, there are too many fan boys who have strong biases to certain countries and end up trolling the works of other countries . can't we just appreciate all jets

In the Russia China collaboration thread, deinonychus is simply having a hard time to accept any kind of positive Russian contribution.

Comment

• panzerfeist1
            Rank 6 Registered User
            • Feb 2018

Levsha

Still waiting to create an account over the Russian version of f-16.net over there but the admin still wont accept new user accounts. F-16.net needs to fix the stupid spam of topics talking about fake passports.
            I thought the fall of western civilization was a tragedy, now I realize it's a comedy.

Comment

• Deino
              Rank 5 Registered User
              • Jan 2000

Originally posted by J-20 View Post

aww thanks to you and panzer fist. I agree, there are too many fan boys who have strong biases to certain countries and end up trolling the works of other countries . can't we just appreciate all jets

In the Russia China collaboration thread, deinonychus is simply having a hard time to accept any kind of positive Russian contribution.
              Again a post, that only shows how less you know me. Actually there are a lot of interesting aspects, some IMO impossible, since Russia would refuse anything from China, which would be beneficial to them, while on the other side others the PLAAF would refuse ... most of them are however quite strange like the proposal by our own Russian prime fan with his Il-96 calims of +24k km range and the R-77 reaching 800 km, but otherwise quite interesting.

Especially - if you would have cared - I never proposed anything from China for the Russians to buy ... not even the J-20 but you will surely answer, the reason for this, the Russians buy nothing from China since it is from China.

But anyway....

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
              My working week and my Sunday rest,
              My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
              I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
              Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
              Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
              For nothing now can ever come to any good.
              -------------------------------------------------
              W.H.Auden (1945)

Comment

• BlackArcher
                Rank 5 Registered User
                • Dec 2010

If you guys have anything to discuss specific to the Tejas, please do so, else leave this thread alone.

Comment

• Spitfire9
                  Rank 5 Registered User
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BlackArcher View Post
                  If you guys have anything to discuss specific to the Tejas, please do so, else leave this thread alone.
                  I second that
                  Sum ergo cogito

Comment

• J-20
                    Rank 4 Registered User
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by BlackArcher View Post
                    yah, just ignore Deino's china rants or Texas criticisms. but he's a nice guy. so pls forgive him.

back to Tejas..

why in the oh-la-la did they go with Elta for the radar rather than go for an RBE derivate that France offered?
                    it makes much more sense and would allow an AESA Texas fly earlier!

Comment

• BlackArcher
                      Rank 5 Registered User
                      • Dec 2010

They haven't yet made a choice. the Elta 2052 must've been L1 (lowest bidder) in the tender for the AESA radar and consequently was selected. But no contract has been awarded yet for the 73 Tejas Mk1A single seat fighters. The indigenous Uttam (also called AAAU) AESA radar is flying on LSP-2 and as per some people in the know, its doing pretty well so far. DRDO's Chief is confident that it will be fully proven by next year and will be used on the Tejas Mk1A.

What is the update on AESA radar?

The AESA radar is integrated with the Light Combat Aircraft. The test and evaluation are going on at the moment. We are confident that AESA radar would be fully proven by the next year and would be ready for induction on Tejas Mk 1A.

And some updates on the Tejas Mk2/Medium Weight Fighter. The design phase has been completed for both the Air Force and Naval variants. GE F-414-INS6 engine for both variants.

What is the progress on Tejas II?

Tejas II is progressing well. The design phase has been completed. As far as the engine is concerned, the user is satisfied with the present one used and so we will go with the same. For the Indian Navy, we are working on a separate programme as the requirements are different. The design phase for Mark II Navy is over and it will certainly meet all their requirements.

Will there be substantial difference between Tejas II and Naval Mark II?

These are different aircrafts based on the different requirements of the users.
                      blurb on the AMCA

Is there anything else that you would like to speak about?

On the technology front, we are very seriously working on AMCA (Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft). The design efforts have started, product development has begun and we are regularly interacting with the Indian Air Force (IAF) on this.
                      link

Comment

• J-20
                        Rank 4 Registered User
                        • Jan 2018

^ ah okay that is good they haven't made a choice.

nothing about Israel.. I love their other stuff..... but India srsly needs proven stuff and can't risk being an experimental test bed customer.
                        that ELTA AESA radar isn't widely adopted.

on the other hand, India has a ton of French gear, with more Rafales coming.
                        the RBE Aesa is on their Raffies
                        and France has a smaller one that can fit in the Texas' tit. will give it out of the box ability to shoot Meteor and Micael missiles. no need to bother with Meteor integration tests like on the Israeli radar.
                        Thats what India wants.. Meteor!

Astra will need to be tested and integrated on either of them so that will take time no matter which way they choose..

R-77 and R-73? why bother integrating them when you have Meteor, Astra and Micael.

Comment

• BlackArcher
                          Rank 5 Registered User
                          • Dec 2010

Right now its all upto the IAF and the results of the Uttam AESA radar's testing. If it meets the IAF's expectations in terms of performance, it has a chance, but it is one thing to build a few test samples and another to put it into production. the Elta 2052 is also being integrated so that testing can be carried out and based on the results, a decision will be made and the contract signed with HAL after they settle on a price that is acceptable to both.

Best bet is to order a small number of foreign AESA radars for the first batch of Mk1As. That will give some breathing space for the indigenous Uttam AESA radar to be fully tested and put into serial production.

Remember, there are over 200 Medium Weight Fighter (aka Tejas Mk2) that need to be built for the IAF as well. The MWF was supposed to be the target platform for the Uttam. Now, there is a possibility of the Mk1A also getting the same radar. More economical, better for India since the primary sensor then belongs to India and the IAF has near total control on what can be integrated. Meteor integration then becomes a possibility as well.

R-77 is not planned to be integrated with Tejas. Astra is being integrated as we speak. As per HAL Test Pilot HV Thakur, the range of the Astra is similar to the AIM-120-C5.

Anyway, for the future, a Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet based BVRAAM is in the works. If it pans out (and DRDO is quite sure it will), then the IAF will likely be equipping most of its fighters with that SFDR based BVRAAM.

Comment

• J-20
                            Rank 4 Registered User
                            • Jan 2018

^ sounds like a reasonable plan.

get some RBEs first.. use them until Uttam is ready.

R-77 and R-73.. great for its time but even the Russians are about to move on

Comment

• TomcatViP
                              Rank 5 Registered User
                              • Nov 2011

the 2052 is already fielded in the Darin III Jaguar having IOC'ed last year:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/55578130.cms

Comment

• mig-31bm
                                Rank 5 Registered User
                                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by J-20 View Post
                                ^ sounds like a reasonable plan.

get some RBEs first.. use them until Uttam is ready.

R-77 and R-73.. great for its time but even the Russians are about to move on
                                R-77 and R-73 are cheaper than Western counterpart, that the main reason

Comment

• BlackArcher
                                  Rank 5 Registered User
                                  • Dec 2010

Uttam AESA radar updates from the DRDO Chief

article link

He said the AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array) radar is currently undergoing trials. We had displayed our AESA radar fitted on Tejas during Aero India 2019. It is currently undergoing flight trials and we will complete it by end of this year. The results are extremely satisfactory. These are capable of detection, tracking, imaging and navigation, Dr Reddy said.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Working...
                                  X