Missing threads

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 3 months

What happened to Tejas thread? Seems to be two or three threads missing this week.

Frustrating, I enjoy this site from time to time but all the issues over the past year. May re-retire from here.

Original post

Member for

12 years 1 month

hat about franco-german project?

Member for

14 years

The Ministry of Truth has struck yet again. So the Tejas thread is gone, and with it all the information that folks had gathered and posted. I mostly 'lurk' these days, but remember when a useful thread on the Su-57 vanished. What other threads have accompanied Tejas into electronic oblivion?

Member for

8 years 6 months

For the love of God now it's Indian airforce thread along with cache of precious photo archives.

Member for

12 years

Why was it deleted? Has it something to do with reaching too large a size?

Member for

5 years 2 months

Unsure, I know there were people posting about alleged deaths of PAF air crew and giving out names from social media. I really don't think that probably helped matters.

Member for

14 years 5 months

Moderator Bias.Literally what happened to the Tejas thread as well.The thread could have been locked but like with the Tejas thread it was moved to a non accessible section thereby robbing users and visitors of valuable information about Indian Air Force, Tejas programme and its upcoming programmes.

I may get infractions or may get banned. But there is a certain and clear bias from the Webmaster/Moderators on this forum against Indian Air Force and related threads. Even when most of the trouble there is caused by Pakistani sympathizers.

If there is a strict rule on code of conduct, it must be enforced across the board. We have seen worse behaviour in the news thread for example, and yet nothing.

There you go calling a spade a spade :dev2:

Member for

7 years 3 months

The threads haven't been deleted, just moved out of sight whilst they are cleaned up. This is due to multiple posts being reported / flagged.

Member for

7 years 3 months

I may get infractions or may get banned. But there is a certain and clear bias from the Webmaster/Moderators on this forum against Indian Air Force and related threads.

There is no bias as you suggest.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Hi James,

Thank you for clarifying the threads haven't been deleted, just moved while they are being cleaned up.

There were many valuable photos and tons of information built up over many years and it would be good to be able to retrieve this information.

Some of the missing threads include Su-57, Franco-German project, Tejas, Syrian thread and many more. It would be good to get them all back!

Many thanks,

Tony

Member for

7 years 3 months

I have just restored the Franco-German project thread.

Member for

24 years 2 months

Thank you very much James and that is much appreciated.

Meanwhile, I look forward to the restoration of the other valuable threads with stores of hard-earned knowledge bases that were similarly deleted in the past year or two.

Part of the richness of the forum was that posters came from all over the world; all with different viewpoints, unlike one -dimensional sites with a narrow focus such as F-16.net.

Many posters put in time and effort to share knowledge and that is what helped to make it one of premier international meeting places for modern aviation.

Hopefully the restoration of the missing threads will encourage many knowledgeable posters to return to the forum.

Meanwhile, have a good weekend!

Member for

15 years 3 months

Well that sorts things out.
Thx.

Member for

14 years 5 months

I have just restored the Franco-German project thread.

Please restore the Tejas and IAF threads. And please do not close/freeze threads based on reports by people with vested nationalist interests.

Member for

13 years 3 months

There is no bias as you suggest.

Then why were 2 separate Indian Air Force and Tejas threads deleted or moved instead of removing or banning the persons who derailed these threads??

there is this one poster Mags76 who joined in January of this year and has already done nothing but bring back the acrimony between Indian and Pakistani posters. Civility was shown the door and mods have instead resorted to making very valuable threads disappear. A shame.

Member for

13 years 3 months

Thank you very much James and that is much appreciated.

Meanwhile, I look forward to the restoration of the other valuable threads with stores of hard-earned knowledge bases that were similarly deleted in the past year or two.

Part of the richness of the forum was that posters came from all over the world; all with different viewpoints, unlike one -dimensional sites with a narrow focus such as F-16.net.

Many posters put in time and effort to share knowledge and that is what helped to make it one of premier international meeting places for modern aviation.

Hopefully the restoration of the missing threads will encourage many knowledgeable posters to return to the forum.

Meanwhile, have a good weekend!

Absolutely.

James, please look into the behavior of some posters like Mags76. The pattern of their posts, the snide remarks, the flamebait posts. Keypubs has been such a rich source of info , it would be a pity if posters start to leave this forum, sick of people that post with one intention-to start a flame war and to get threads locked.

Member for

15 years 3 months

I remember when SOC, HarryB, Frankw, Arthur (and one or two others) used to bring down the hammer hard on 'disruptive members'. Things were by no means perfect. There were accusation of bias but still there was a semblance of law and order and the forum fuctioned well with sub sections for Land, Sea and munitions. Baaring few hiccups, it was a good place for discusstions, news, pics, etc Then the WebMaster removed the ground forces forum stating it was outside of Keypublishing scope. Very sadly, Harry passed away and one by one the moderators seem to have left. Can't blame them since the moderators were volunteers.

Keypublishing is a professional outfit and they should NOT depend on volunteer moderators (who are also forum memebers). WebMaster should have multiple moderators on call for especially in the 'Modern Military Aviation'. Otherwise this place will become more and more unreadable.

Keypublishing forum is not just 'some' forum. They publish among many others 'AirForces Monthly' (one of the very first defense magazines I've ever owned). I am surprised how Keypublishing does not take a much stricter approach when it come this forum. You are professional publication.

- Just my 2 cents